Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,207
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

RAZR is an incredible device. I have not seen it so hard to say. People say that the display is very bad (compared to other devices in the same price range). So, just check it first before going for it blindly. Everything else about is rocking solid.

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply admin & manu.

recently stumbled upon:
List of Tablets and Phones getting Android Ice Cream Sandwich [updated]

i like how most of the high end htc devices are getting ICS update. Sony has too promised ICS update to all the 2011 xperia phones!
on the other hand, samsung has been choosy on the update which eventually has disappointed a lot of users.

if i go by price limit & ICS update, here are the options i have.

1. LG Optimus 2x
2. LG Optimus Black
3. HTC Sensation
4. Samsung Galaxy R
5. Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S
6. Samsung Galaxy S2

i guess htc sensation & sony ericsson xperia arc s are good ones. what do you guys suggest?

Upvote 0
Well when Galaxy S was released, the competing device from HTC was the Desire HD which is also not getting ICS. So HTC's policy isnt much better, they only have so many devices because they release so many devices.Will you be using the stock ROM or rooting/installing custom ROM's?

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy S was their primary device until they launched S2. So essentially, Galaxy S pretty much a top of the line smartphone till a couple of months ago. Also, every Galaxy S owner knows that Nexus S is getting the ICS update. And Samsung has admitted that the problem is not with ICS but because of their TouchWiz bullcrap. This is similar to how HTC Desire was not given Gingerbread and there was a huge backlash and the company decided to release Gingerbread without Sense (if I am correct?). Nexus One was based on Desire and it got Gingerbread just fine directly from Google. HTC used the Sense excuse to not deliver Gingerbread for Desire owners.

Upvote 0
@ Saurav....Whatever is being said about Samsung devices, that apart, u can still go for S2, which cud be well around 26.5-27k. That phone is surely getting ICS. But yes, going by the trend v r seeing today, it might not get the next update which might come in the future, say may b 2 odd years down the line!So if u r concerned about using the latest Android version, then i guess u shudnt go for S2.

Upvote 0
@ manu: no rooting or flashing custom ROM's.@ admin: which phone do you suggest? if not going by the latest update policy!@ Jaymin: yeah S2 is a great phone but I was wanting something else that S2. :Pso, please, suggestions! :P

Upvote 0
then don't buy LG Optimus 2x/Black. LG makes horrible stock ROM's. you have to install custom ROM's to make them any good. Samsung Galaxy R is a decent phone considering it costs ~20k. The only downside was lack of custom ROM support but since you aren't going to do that, it doesn't matter.

Upvote 0

Back