Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,207
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

@ manu: so, LG is completely striked out. what about sensation vs. xperia arc s vs. Galaxy s2?

----------

@ abhishek: wait for galaxy nexus!

Upvote 0
Depends on your preferences, as was mentioned before, S2 has the beefiest hardware and the best screen of the 3. For playing games etc. it will be the best. Sensation has very good build quality and HTC has the most pleasing android stock interface. Xperia Arc S has a single core processor and only 512 mb RAM so won't be very good say 6 months down the line for gaming etc. but has very good looks and an excellent camera.Note: If you buy S2, don't buy it online, there have been reports that Samsung is selling the i9100G version which is slightly inferior instead of the original at the same price.

Upvote 0
The price in shops. alongwith a valid Bill shud be around 27k or so. I got it for 28k in October end, and recently as i was walking by stores selling phones, i read prices ranging around 27k. And yeah of course u have to get a decent scratch guard which wud come for anything between 300-400. Plus a micro SD card of 16GB for around 1.2k.@ Gadgetcrazy, what i meant was that any update that wud come after 2 years or so, might not be available for S2. SO if an update comes before that, there wud b chances of S2 getting it. Coz S2 is still the best in phone category from Samsung. Note is of a somewhat different category.

Upvote 0
Whoever wants to buy Android phone just wait out few months till cheaper ICS devices become available. Don't fall prey to the planned obsolescence policy of these evil companies on your first purchase.

Upvote 0
^ well said.i alway wait for 2-3 months after any gadget/new tech is released. never be an early adopter ! that way u get more variety and avoid insane pricing too!

Upvote 0
Congrats on your new purchase mate :D Stay high on music \m/
Thanks Friend. Whoever wants to buy Android phone just wait out few months till cheaper ICS devices become available. Don't fall prey to the planned obsolescence policy of these evil companies on your first purchase.
^ well said.i alway wait for 2-3 months after any gadget/new tech is released. never be an early adopter ! that way u get more variety and avoid insane pricing too!
If we wait, the price will be reduced. But Google will release another android version that time with higher requirements.

Upvote 0

Back