Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,204
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

i really don't understand why do they slap on their own interfaces on top of android's base one. they say its about differentiating from competition! wat kind of competition is this??? a competition to show off who can make crappier interfaces??? !!!!

Upvote 0
Companies having android platform in thr phone wont make a image in market that they have provided Hardware only :imbored:I hope problems faced by Samm will be fixed by updates otherwise........

Upvote 0
There is an awful lag while closing any app and getting back to home screen.

The phone would literally freeze for about 4 seconds.Credit goes to touchwiz.

Recording videos in 720p is just fine but in 1080p...Video is zoomed in, weird noise despite of enough lights.

Stylus is okay, not the best.Note app is ugly, I was making a note of something important..

I wrote around two slides and saved the pile. I checked after a while. God knows where it disappeared.

Notification sounds are quite low, I

Upvote 0
I updated even before posting that.Yeah its snappier, doesn't lag at all.Earlier whenever you were closing any app it was closing the widgets as well. Now it doesn't so UI is smooth now.btw the pic you posted, is it your own device?

Upvote 0
still deciding whether to keep it or give it to mom. its too darn big.

Upvote 0
Common People are not geeks. Also cyanogen firmware supports only selected number of phones.

officially CM supports selected number, But unofficially almost every phone whose boot loader is unlocked can be flashed CM. i flashed my optimus one to the latest version of CM 7.1 which is not in the list of supported devices and has a pretty modest hardware.

But CM gave it a new lease of life, it's custom Rom simply Rocks.

Upvote 0
Someone send me the OTA ICS update for Nexus S :D

I am tired of waiting. :D

why haven't you got the update yet?

my friend has updated his phone & let me tell you, i love the new interface and the overall look of ICS. didn't manage to use it. but its quite smooth.

i guess i should wait for Galaxy nexus. the 'nexus' brand name sure does carry a lot of weight.

Upvote 0

Back