Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,199
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

Don't need video calling as long as I can use the front cam for Skype video calls. I'll see if I can convince her to upgrade the 13k.

I checked out SE live and it seems to be shipping with android 2.3. Is that good enough? Any idea if itll be updated to ICS?

Check Motorola Fire XT. It has all that you want with a decent price. http://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_fire_xt-4160.php

If you have a LetsBuy 10 percent coupon you can get it at 11K.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
i wouldn't touch anything less than 1ghz. it more or less ends up lagging in responsiveness. plus the slower ones wouldn't get ICS. wats the use of getting a gingerbread phone tht is not upgradable to ICS? with ICS u shud be more or less good to go for another 1 - 1/2 yrs. the walkman live might be ur best bet as of now if u don't care abt 3g calling. skype wud work well on it.

Upvote 0
Here's a shortlistGalaxy S2 - GT I9100 (only if I get the not "G" version)HTC evo 3dGalaxy Nexus Sony Xperia™ SI'll be making the purchase in next 2-3 weeks. I like Galaxy s2 for obvious reasons. I was planning on getting it too until I saw htc evo 3d on flipkart with huge discount. I know that Galaxy nexus is an awesome phone but has a poor battery life (gsmarena review says so)Finally saw Xperia S....Speechless. The design, display just awesome! Eagerly waiting for it to launch.just spoilt for choice atm and don't know which one to buy.

Upvote 0
Hey guys i am looking for a new android under 16k bracket and was really confused between two phones the Galaxy Ace Plus and Xperia Ray.

Initially i browsed through flipkart and Xperia Ray and it costs around 18.7k there. Specs wise Xperia ray was best according to me even under the whole 20K bracket (even professional reviews say the same). 8 mp camera with 3d panorama, a basic front camera, a smallish 3.3 inch screen with 297 PPI (That's WOW as 300 PPI qualifies as iPhone's retina display), bravia engine and best of all ICS upgradable.

Now the weird part, i checked out local stores and its prices are as low as 14.5k. Even eBay is selling at those rates.

So why do Flipkart/letsbuy and others charge 4k more? bizzare!! can someone figure this for me.

Ace plus had a standard pricing of 16k but doesnt flatter much like the Sony counterpart.

Upvote 0
Here's a shortlist

Galaxy S2 - GT I9100 (only if I get the not "G" version)
HTC evo 3d
Galaxy Nexus
Sony Xperia™ S

I'd suggest wait for the Xperia S or HTC One X/S. Getting a i9100 is almost impossible nowadays. Galaxy Nexus's India launch is unknown. Not a big fan of Evo 3D, unless you need the 3D camera et al. HTC Sensation has the same screen, processor, GPU etc. at a cheaper price (~23k).

Hey guys i am looking for a new android under 16k bracket and was really confused between two phones the Galaxy Ace Plus and Xperia Ray.

Initially i browsed through flipkart and Xperia Ray and it costs around 18.7k there. Specs wise Xperia ray was best according to me even under the whole 20K bracket (even professional reviews say the same). 8 mp camera with 3d panorama, a basic front camera, a smallish 3.3 inch screen with 297 PPI (That's WOW as 300 PPI qualifies as iPhone's retina display), bravia engine and best of all ICS upgradable.
Now the weird part, i checked out local stores and its prices are as low as 14.5k. Even eBay is selling at those rates.

I don't know about your local dealer but the ones on ebay for the lower price(s) are all imported pieces from UK with no warranty from SE. they have dealer warranty which is as good as useless. the one's on flipkart and letsbuy have india warranty.

Wait for the Galaxy Ace 2 if possible.

Upvote 0
@abhishek.techie a friend has xperia ray. he is mighty happy with it. @18Lama i am in a similar dilemma. confused between xperia s and htc one x/s. xperia s is already on sale in the gray market for around Rs. 32000 in India. official pricing could be more or less. grey market price would crash once it is officially launched in india. i personally want to go for it. but a knowledgable friend tells me to wait for htc one s. he recommends it over one x. one s has a newer generation dual core processor which makes it more efficient and almost as powerful as the quad core for most normal usage scenarios. camera module is same on both the models. size is more manageable. waiting for pricing details. should come by the first week of april. of course, you might also want to wait for S3. though i have decided to not go for any samsung model based on their past record.

Upvote 0
^ Exactly what I think. the whole i9100 vs i9100G has made me a wee bit suspicious of samsung. I have used Sony E phone before. But that was long time ago (2005 K750i) I used it for a solid 4 years. Except for the joystick the phone itself never let me down. I'll wait maximum till last week of April and see what happens.Edit: if SXS is priced at ~30,000 it will be perfect me thinks. It will compete directly with the big bad GS2 and might even win that battle.

Upvote 0
GSII is now too old. almost an year old to be considered as a serious device for buying purposes unless you are planning to run custom mods on it. and as you have already said, the more popular variant is no longer on sale in india which makes it a terrible device to buy today. Sony devices are fine. camera is good. UI is better than most other customized android builds. i want to go for xperia s because of the camera. it would get android ics in a couple of months. htc one s comes with ics though the UI is not that good looking. but the camera is good and very very fast. check demos. taking photos is so freaking fast you would find it hard to believe that it is actually taking photos at all.

Upvote 0
Yes a dedicated camera key is a great feature along with a fast still capturing ability. According to the video on youtube that I saw it takes less then 1.5 seconds to capture a still even when the phone is on standby mode, which is amazing!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4HLniX86fE

Upvote 0

Back