Which Google Android Smartphone should I buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 48,198
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
A friend broke his phone lately it was a Nokia. He need some suggestions for his new phone.Budget is 10K, could be stretched to 14K if the device worth the price.Priorities are:1. Email2. Music3. Camera 4. A decent screen (Open to both Touchscreen & QWERTY)Regarding OS, open to both Symbian^ & Android (Any reputed brand)

O/T. What was 18Lama called earlier?

I've been using the same name since I registered. 99.99% sure.

My posting has been intermittent so you may have confused me with someone else. :iconrofl:

Upvote 0
i guess i got confused with someone else. back to topic now!

Upvote 0
I thought Sony had promised ics for all its phones in the 2011 lineup. Sony's new lineup of Xperia S, Xperia Sola is really impressive! Except the part that they are still running on Gingerbread.

Can someone tell me whether Galaxy ACE 2/ACE Plus will receive ICS updates?

Upvote 0
right. the new xperia series is going to get ics in a matter of month or two. but it is being sold in the market with 2.3 right now. going back to 2.3 from ics even for a month or two is going to be a frustrating experience :D waiting for the pricing of one s before making up my mind. am tempted to go for one x but i am sure pricing would be insane :)

Upvote 0
ICS has received highly positive reviews in terms of host of its new features, including nfc (android beam), universality with tablets and phones, face unlock and most importantly better battery management.So i'm dying to get my hands on that platform.No phone under 22k will receive ICS update in samsung, htc or even motorola :(. All SE models will receive it in may-june starting with xperia mini at 12k.Even the Live with Walkman model has seen good popularity..that too receives ICS!

Upvote 0
@chromaniac I suppose SIII has launch scheduled in a couple of months..so is it quite possible that SII and its siblings see a decent price drop to the 22k mark maybe? Its totally confusing at the moment.

Upvote 0
look at the competition. samsung has very little reason to drop the prices of s2 or note by much when they launch the s3. Apple has given them enough breathing space to price s3 pretty close to the 35-40K range. even the cheapest iPhone 4s would be expensive than the s3 if it is priced below 40k. though they did surprise us with the pricing of the note which was pretty amazing. Galaxy nexus? arseholes have still not launched it here. in any case, you can wait for ever to buy a new android phone hoping to get an amazing deal from a price cut. if you want/have to purchase a phone today, go for the phone you want.

Upvote 0

Back