2012 Asia Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 24,902
Err... Can we defend by saying we are arguing over the selection of the Indian team for the Asia Cup...

Thats because Lara had no support .. dude u have also been watching cricket since long .. u remember 1990s where Indian team was dependant only on sachin and when he got out rest would just crumble like cookies,

This is what i was expecting from ur side to come! Thats what i wanted to point out.....when it came to winning matches single-handedly, Sachin faced the same problem which Lara faced off late. When Lara was young, he had the support of the likes of Hooper, Jimmy Adams, Courtney Walsh, Ambrose, to win matches. But after these guys went, WI started to go down.

The same thing is with Sachin. He scores single-handedly, but what about the support at the other end??

Centurion Test in December 2010.....he went on fighting against the mammoth 500 run lead. He almost got us close. But what if the batsmen at the other end are not willing to support? What if the the bowlers dont support by controlling the lead they concede??
Bangalore ODI against Aus in 2009.....he scored 175, chasing 350 of the Aussies. But, was anyone willing to stand with him at the other end?
WC 11 ODI against SA.....he scored a ton. But after he was dismissed, was anyone willing to put up a decent score? They crumbled for just 20 odd runs!
WC 11 ODI against England.....he again scored a ton. But did the bowlers do their bit by defending the 340 run target? Did the other batsmen do their duty of ensuring that the target was 350+??

And then u say that his tons do not come in a winning cause.

Lastly, i m repeating myself.....i m not talking of his current form. Its just the generalisations that u r making of his whole career, which i m debating on.

Personally, I think Lara was a better matchwinner in Tests.. His ODI record is not that good... Sachin was the better one in ODIs in terms of winning matches...

Jaymin bro u have your views on Sachin good .. I have my views which I wont change because I still maintain hes over rated .. and finally Sachin is NOT my GOD ..

T When Lara was young, he had the support of the likes of Hooper, Jimmy Adams, Courtney Walsh, Ambrose, to win matches. But after these guys went, WI started to go down.

Courtney Walsh, Ambrose helping Lara and WI winning matches? If you remember, Walsh has or had the record of highest number of ducks !

Courtney Walsh, Ambrose helping Lara and WI winning matches? If you remember, Walsh has or had the record of highest number of ducks !

I think he meant to say they used to help in bowling out the oppositions cheaply ..

Oh my I must say whoever creates these things has a lot of spare time in their hands .. HAIL SACHIN GOD !! :sinister:

In 1998 , when I was a schoolboy.. I had learnt Visual Basic 6 during my holidays... Using that , I had developed an application using which I would input the innings score and wickets taken of all leading run scorers and wicket takers and a few favorite players... and at a click of a button I would see the players average , recent scores , 50s , 100s etc.... Internet was a high premium and this used to be my cricinfo....It required one time manual input from Cricinfo In front of those now seemingly crazy things I did... This looks pretty normal....

Off Topic: Learning VBA is in my Goals & Objective this year! Any tips mhsabir?

Back