A bolt from the blue from Tata Sky DTH !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter BomBatt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 12,344
It is very sad to hear the news from u Mr.BombattU should shout at them and talk to the senior person. Only then the action would come fast.

ur absolutely right.... sue those fellows who says they are investigating . are they investigating a murder case or what. how can they make you loose the important matches of India and that too their final which they won.

just tell them that u will go to consumer court and see if they dont restore it within 24hours.

I just don't know how to approach consumer courts. Moreover once you go to court, you will be running arount up and down for years.

But, I am not sitting idle. My wife works for an MNC which has more than 50,000 employees all over India. She has sent bulk e_mail to each and everyone, and she has already received 100's of reply that they will never ever subscribe to Tata Sky. There is a new apartment next to my house and many of the new occupants used to come to my place to see how is Tata Sky compared to cable, and I used praise Tata Sky so much. But since this incident, I have called everyone of them to my house and shown them my misery. They just can't believe that such a thing can happen, that too with "Tata." I am 100% sure not a single person in my neighbourhood will ever subscribe to Tata Sky. I have told everyone here that our "ugly neighbourhood cablewala is 1000 times better than this bloody Tata Sky :madness:

I just don't know how to approach consumer courts.......
I don't either. I just don't believe that things like this work. But that is coz I am a pessimist by nature.

Consumer courts are not like your regular courts. You don't need lawyers and don't need to type you complaint in legalese. And the filing charges are minimal. Ask around and pay them a visit. TS might just relent if you do that.

I guess someone must have reported with ur 8 digit code ... But still they cannot disconnect without proper investigation.... By any chance u recorded any program and uploaded it on torrent or any site?

Two different numbers popup from time to time. And they are calculated - one based on the NDS no. and the other on the Digicard Number. It is a simple decimal -> hexadecimal conversion. Convert the hex no. you see on screen to decimal and compare it with the two numbers I have mentioned. You will find the pattern.

Tata Sky...isko laga daalaa toh life jhingalalaa!! ROTFLMAO :yahoo::rofl:When are you people going to learn...Repeat after me,I am NOT going to buy TATA...I am NOT going to buy TATA...I am NOT going to buy TATA...I am NOT going to buy TATA...I am NOT going to buy TATA...I am NOT going to buy TATA...Now, write this down 1,000,000 times if you forget it! :D

BomBatt,

Check out these sites and act accordingly. Filing consumer complaints are relatively easy.

Filing Consumer Complaint at Consumer Court in India

PROCEDURE : AFFIDAVIT FOR SUBMISSION AT CONSUMER COURT

ADDRESS OF COURT @ BENGALURU:

Karnataka
The President,
Karnataka State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission,
Basava, Basaveswara Circle, Miller Road, Banglore - 560 001
(From - ADDRESS OF CONSUMER COURT IN INDIA)

Consumer courts take a LONG time to solve a case! I once filed a case against a mobile carrier (?), and the final judgement was reached at only after 15 months ! With the above site, ICRPC will help you filing the case and contacting Tata Sky.

It is most probable that TataSky will not allow the matter to be taken to court and will settle the matter with you.

Good Luck !

Today afternoon, a person from Tata Sky comes to my place. Actually, this is the same guy who did the installations. He was here to "Investigate" the misuse. All he does is, he goes behind the STB and touches the cable once. Then he goes up the terrace and tightens a nut on the dish. And within 5 minutes his "Investigation" is over. He says that everything is alright and I will get the connection back in the evening.

He does not give any reason why they blocked the signal. He only says that he was asked to go and check things. Now I just hope that they will restore the connection today.

I guess someone must have reported with ur 8 digit code ... But still they cannot disconnect without proper investigation.... By any chance u recorded any program and uploaded it on torrent or any site?

Never. We just watch our fav programs and switch off. No recording or uploading.

BomBatt,

Check out these sites and act accordingly. Filing consumer complaints are relatively easy...

Thank you amitwiz1,

Let me wait till tomorrow. Probably I will get the connection today itself.

legally speaking Tata Sky is supposed to give it to u in writing before disconnection that they are disconnecting ur connection for they doubt piracy. and then only they can disconnect ur connection.but well consumer always suffers in India.

Back