Airtel Broadband New Plan? - 8 Mbps Unlimited 150GB FUP Rs. 2399/-

• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 23,018
I pause the video for about 1 min (on average.. but upto 2 mins) and then i can watch without pausing again.

Can someone tell me if youtube 1080p is all at the same bitrate? Or are some 1080p videos at lower bitrate and some higher? Because some 1080p videos need no buffering at all. they load very very quickly and for some you have to wait for atleast 1 min to buffer.

if wholesale rate of data per GB is Rs4 then 150x4=600Rs and they are taking 2399bucks + taxes for the same :aglerks: That means a whooping 1800bucks + profit from a single subscriber :shock: Loooot Looooot Looooooooot Mittal Saheb Aur Lutoooooo till your thirst for money is fetched :Boy Surrender:

Agreed. 2399 is expensive. But in my area, or even whole of Bangalore, there is no-one providing 8mbps with so much dependency as Airtel. Granted FUP is difficult to deal with, but hey, I cant complain.

i guess it depends upon the original video. smartphone video at 1080p is likely to be smaller in quality compared to a video taken by a HD camcorder.

also... lag would depend upon the location where the video is being streamed. popular videos are likely to have a copy on a nearby google server compared to a not so popular one.

if wholesale rate of data per GB is Rs4 then 150x4=600Rs and they are taking 2399bucks + taxes for the same :aglerks: That means a whooping 1800bucks + profit from a single subscriber :shock: Loooot Looooot Looooooooot Mittal Saheb Aur Lutoooooo till your thirst for money is fetched :Boy Surrender:

right charging more for same amount of bandwidth is a con that airtel has been playing for a long time now. when i got the call related to the 8mbps plan, my only response was call me when you have something with more than 150GB FUP limit. then i would be interested in talking.

But as per pricing FUP should be atleast 400GB. then also they would face 700Rs profit from a single subscriber of that package. And Delhi Bangalore has many subscribers who opt for expensive packages unlike Kolkata where most people are happy with cablewalas 400-500Rs packs. So Airtel can upgrade the FUP atleast.Its not like they have to acquire the profit from few customers.

well the only way to push them to offer better FUP limits is to send a message to them repeatedly. i have been doing the same though twitter. we need to run a twitter campaign to tell them to offer new packages with more bandwidth. but me alone cannot do much about it.

My ISP Alliance never implements FUP. Still the owner Abhijit Modak makes 10crore turnover a year and is on profits...How's that possible with a limited subscriber base compared to Airtel?? :aglerks: And mgcarley clearly stated that unlimited packages below 1k is not profitable at all. So how the cable isps like Alliance, Meghbela,Wishnet is making profits is still a huge mystery to me because many users of these isps download upload above 200GB a month.I myself download above 300Gb and upload 80-90GB so 4x300GB=1200Rs wholesale purchase rate but I am paying 750bucks +taxes for the same.Still my ISP is in profits how:confused_2:

maybe because he does not have the liability of running a new business operation in african countries? companies like airtel do not have the advantage of running a low cost operation where you have limited expenses. airtel has presence in tons of markets and they need to recover losses made in one operation from another one.also when you have investors to please (airtel is a public company i believe) profitability is the core focus.

After all, the cost per GB is the only cost and the company keeps the taxes, right?

I pause the video for about 1 min (on average.. but upto 2 mins) and then i can watch without pausing again.

Can someone tell me if youtube 1080p is all at the same bitrate? Or are some 1080p videos at lower bitrate and some higher? Because some 1080p videos need no buffering at all. they load very very quickly and for some you have to wait for atleast 1 min to buffer.

Agreed. 2399 is expensive. But in my area, or even whole of Bangalore, there is no-one providing 8mbps with so much dependency as Airtel. Granted FUP is difficult to deal with, but hey, I cant complain.

Personal experience says that youtube videos can be of very different bitrates for the same resolution

i can watch 720p videos without waiting and 1080p after pausing video for 4-5 secs at start on my 4mbps connection . complain to airtel if you're facing this problem as i am not facing this problem .Also , i have been watching 720p and 1080p streams on own3d and twitch for months now without any problem .

Back