Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,128
Yea, the thing is that there is no one answer to this and there are so many variables regarding who will get what Fair Usage Policy applied and when in a certain city/region.
At least, it's all confusing to me.
Not confusing, talk to the CC, and ask them after how much GB downloaded will your 1mbs be slowed to 512kbs. Clarify also whether you are on the plan you were on orginally or whether its something new.

Nope, no sms or email. Just found that my speed had jumped.
Right, so its the same with me, i get a token 5GB @512kbs then back to 384 for the remainder, so i bet it will be similar in your case too ie x GB @1mbs then remainder at 512kbs.

AFAIK, you can't shift to an older plan.
Exactly what i suspect, so if you shift to another plan there is no way back. Now if you are not fully aware of the constraints of this new plan they may offer you before shifting and just trust that voice on the phone you will be screwed. Best is to ask for the offer to be given in writing either email or letter.

So in short this airtel doubling broadband speeds comes with the caveat, only upto xGB after which you go back to your old speed. Not exactly false advertising but misleading nonetheless.

It would be weird if they give 100GB fup for old users and 20GB FUP for the new ones with both paying the same price... that is like punishing the new customer :ishock:

from what i see... new customers do not get the older plans with older FUPs.

older customers shifting to any of the new plans get the newer FUPs.

so what's the big deal?

i don't think you can still get one of the older UL plans that has the older 100GB FUP.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

at least the delhi PDF file does not mention any of the old plans. other cities do. which i believe is an error on airtel's part. can anyone confirm if the older plans are still available in their cities?

airtel cc confirmed tht night double speed plans wont get speed upgrade.. :( im currently on 1099 plan wid 512kbps day n 1mbps at night with no fup.. if i want speed upgrade then they asked me to shift to new 1099 plan wid 15gb fup. so theres no way i get 1 mbps day time with old fups??

:ishock: i am getting 2mb speed right now did they upgrade 1299 plan guys

airtel cc confirmed tht night double speed plans wont get speed upgrade.. :( im currently on 1099 plan wid 512kbps day n 1mbps at night with no fup.. if i want speed upgrade then they asked me to shift to new 1099 plan wid 15gb fup. so theres no way i get 1 mbps day time with old fups??

don't listen to them

they are making all kind of excuses

first they told me the double speed is only for 512kbps customers,I told them strongly i know its not and double speed is for all plans,then he said he was wrong and it is for all plans

second he told me its only for DTH customers,i told him its not and ten he said he will do something

third he tells me he will give me 2mbps morning and 4mbps night,i shouted and he told me he will do something now

don't listen to them and tell them or shout sharply and he will do the up-gradation.one more thing,don't call CC and write them a letter,their more capable officers get back to you.those CC phone guys are full of shit and don't know anything

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

:ishock: i am getting 2mb speed right now did they upgrade 1299 plan guys

they have done for some and some not.its throughout like this

which plan did you have earlier

I am also getting 2 mbps today on my 1299 turbo. Have they upgrade our plan?. or they have shifted me to their new impatience 1299 plan with 20 gb fup.

hehe. we would assume that you are getting double the speeds on your older plan. with a 100GB FUP limit hopefully.

I am also getting 2 mbps today on my 1299 turbo. Have they upgrade our plan?.
or they have shifted me to their new impatience 1299 plan with 20 gb fup.

EVEN THEY THEy shifted you to the impatient plans,the after-FUP speeds of 256kbs won't apply

as they cannot just drop your plan and speed

and if you get 256kbps after FUP then just write to them and tell them why is this problem,if they tell you because of the impatient plan then you can easily ask for you to be moved to your older plan.they can't refuse on this

Back