Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,133
1299/- ?? , naah, not for me atleast!

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

I had sent an email to Airtel presence, got a phone call today from them. They said that they are facing some technical glitches and that people like me with 1299/- plan would be upgraded to 1 mbps on or around 15th July. Lets see.

Show them this published on their own website

Airtel breaks the speed barrier -Doubles speed for Broadband customers at no extra cost-

Airtel breaks the speed barrier -Doubles speed for Broadband customers at no extra cost-
Redefines broadband threshold
• Upgrades all existing customers to a minimum of 512 Kbps speed at no extra cost
• Doubles broadband speeds of 512 Kbps to 1 Mbps and 1 Mbps to 2 Mbps at no extra cost
• Launches Impatience Plans- offers 4Mbps plans, starting Rs.899/ month

New Delhi, March 21, 2010 : Bharti Airtel, one of Asia’s leading integrated telecom service providers, in an unprecedented move is upgrading speeds of all its existing customers (on 64, 128, 256 Kbps) to a minimum of 512 Kbps. Further, customers currently on 512 Kbps plans and 1mbps plans will have their speeds doubled to 1Mbps and 2Mbps respectively. The upgrades come at no extra cost to existing customers and will be completed by June 2010 pan India. Airtel also announced the launch of ‘Impatience Plans’ - an industry first for broadband, by offering 4 Mbps speed plans starting at a path breaking Rs. 899/ month.

Screenshot if you want to save it: http://i50.tinypic.com/k15nki.png

As i pointed out earlier they will do the above but it comes with a Fair Usage Policy that once crossed drops you back to your old speed.

well the latest i heard from airtel folks was that the speed upgrade has been delayed for 1mbps users and they are likely to get it by july end.

I sent Airtel customer care a email today and they replied it will be processed by 5th July.

Mail:
Dear Airtel,

As per your web site:

http://airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/About%20Bharti%20Airtel/bharti+airtel/media+cen
tre/bharti+airtel+news/ telemedia/pg-airtel-breaks-the-speed-barrier

Redefines broadband threshold: Doubles broadband speeds of 512 Kbps to 1 Mbps
and 1 Mbps to 2 Mbps at no extra cost: The upgrades come at no extra costto
existing customers and will be completed by June 2010 pan India.

Please let me know when can I expect the speed of my broadband plan Swift 1099
to be doubled from 512 Kbps to 1Mbps?

regards,
Sachin

Reply:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

With reference to your e-mail dated 26.06.2010, you have expressed your concern regarding speed for your Airtel fixed-line xxxxxxxxxxx.

We would like to inform that in Combo swift 1099 plan you are provided with double the speed for what you are currently paying for. We would like to inform you that at the end of this month you will be able to get the double speed.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

Warm Regards,
Bharti Airtel Limited
Dear Airtel,

As promised by you, month end is gone but my speed is yet to get doubled :-(

Please let me know the new timelines.

regards,
Sachin

@solid_snake4rd: Did you get 2MBPS day and 4MBPS night?

nah i declined the offer

i will take 4mbps full day out of them and 2mbps after 30gb FUP

he is going to get back to me

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

they told me that airtel has doubled speeds of connections below 1mbps and it is not applicable on my 1699 plan.

it is applicable

tell them you know people who have gotten double speeds and then they will change their stance

they told me it was only for 512kbps then 1mbps then 2mbps

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

As i pointed out earlier they will do the above but it comes with a Fair Usage Policy that once crossed drops you back to your old speed.

no your FUP speed should also be double

so if you had 1mbps first and after-FUP speed of 512kbps

now you should get 2mbps and 1mbps after-fup SPEED

nah i declined the offer

i will take 4mbps full day out of them and 2mbps after 30gb FUP

he is going to get back to me

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

it is applicable

tell them you know people who have gotten double speeds and then they will change their stance

they told me it was only for 512kbps then 1mbps then 2mbps

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

no your FUP speed should also be double

so if you had 1mbps first and after-FUP speed of 512kbps

now you should get 2mbps and 1mbps after-fup SPEED

than what should i tell them for my 1299 combo plan make it 1 mb for day and 2 mb for night with 100 gb limit :huh:

than what should i tell them for my 1299 combo plan make it 1 mb for day and 2 mb for night with 100 gb limit :huh:

write to them not call them

that Airtel has not doubled you broadband speed,don't mention your plan in the letter as they will then make excuses even though they have your A/C they put less strain on type of plan if you don't mention it

they may sometimes even reply to you saying that you problem may have been resolved.if this happens,quote the whole existing of their and you previous email to them and tell them that nothing has been resolved.they did this to me a couple of times.keep mailing them that nothing has been resolved.remember to reply and not make a new email as they should know that you have not been attended to.

then they will call you making some excuse,tell them it is applicable for all plans and tat you know people who have gotten double speeds.talk a bit strongly and bold voice.if you talk lightly then they will try to push you

tell them that people with your plan are getting 2mbps full day so they should do it you plan too.tell them that you have been constantly mailing them and nobody responds and why the hell are you peying them so much when people paying for a lower plan are getting better speeds than you

they will make you an offer,if you don't like don't accept.if you like it then tell them to mail to you the offer saying that they will be providing the upgraded speed at you plan.never accept if they tell you to move to another plan offering better services as you have to retain your plan.also tell him to write that you will get say 2mbps speed full day and no other conditions applied

mail the airtel presence team right ? i just mailed them my query will do again when they reply let see what they say

mail the airtel presence team right ? i just mailed them my query will do again when they reply let see what they say

i really don't know what this presence team is

o just email to the CC email given to me

my area's is:

[email protected]

whats yours?

Dear Airtel,

As promised by you, month end is gone but my speed is yet to get doubled :-(

Please let me know the new timelines.

regards,
Sachin

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

With reference to your e-mail dated 01/07/2010, you have expressed your concern regarding doubled speed for your Airtel fixed-line XXXXXXXXXXX.

We would like to inform that your request has been registered with us. The same will be addressed by 6 working hrs. The reference number is XXXXXXXX.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

Warm Regards,
Bharti Airtel Limited

Back