Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,138
So an engineer visited my place and told me that my Swift 1099, 512 kbps plan is not eligible for the speed upgrade :(
Do we have any one here who has got upgraded to 1 Mbps from 512 Kbps?

I donno why Airtel is creating such confusion, a very good company is going down the hill.......

there are many people that have gotten upgraded to 1mbps from 512kbps

and why did the engineer visit you,he doesn't handle the plans

same happened to me the engineer called him since he is gud guy as he visits me whenever i have problem i just refused to talk to him i told him calmly to stay out of it i will handle it on my own he said that no one in gurgaon has been upgraded only 256 to 512 has taken place and he said the company right now itself confused how to plan this as all plans will need to be revised if we upgrade 1 mb to 2 mb

same happened to me the engineer called him since he is gud guy as he visits me whenever i have problem i just refused to talk to him i told him calmly to stay out of it i will handle it on my own he said that no one in gurgaon has been upgraded only 256 to 512 has taken place and he said the company right now itself confused how to plan this as all plans will need to be revised if we upgrade 1 mb to 2 mb

yeah stay away from the engineer and talk to the airtel office guys

thats the headache they like forwarding my mails to him only the engineer i mean after talking with him i again mailed the airtel cc here and they replied they will look into the grievance and come back still waiting

thats the headache they like forwarding my mails to him only the engineer i mean after talking with him i again mailed the airtel cc here and they replied they will look into the grievance and come back still waiting

they will get back

no need to talk to the engineer

if they take too much time,reply to their mail saying its still not resolved

Had sent an e-mail to [email protected] along with the link to Airtel website and a scanned copy of the leaflet I recd with my airtel bill saying speeds would be doubled.Received the same standard reply which others have received. A short while back an engineer visited my place and told me I had made a complaint about speed problem on my end... wtf !!! I Told the engineer about the issue at hand and was informed that only people with speeds less than 512 kbps were to be upgraded to 512 kbps and for others they did not have any information. I also showed him the Airtel website which said that speeds for ALL customers were to be doubled without any extra cost. He contacted his senior at the back end who was himself at a loss of words and didnt have any information. Have sent him back and will resend the mail to airtel. Wonder why all this confusion....

Had sent an e-mail to [email protected] along with the link to Airtel website and a scanned copy of the leaflet I recd with my airtel bill saying speeds would be doubled.Received the same standard reply which others have received. A short while back an engineer visited my place and told me I had made a complaint about speed problem on my end... wtf !!! I Told the engineer about the issue at hand and was informed that only people with speeds less than 512 kbps were to be upgraded to 512 kbps and for others they did not have any information. I also showed him the Airtel website which said that speeds for ALL customers were to be doubled without any extra cost. He contacted his senior at the back end who was himself at a loss of words and didnt have any information. Have sent him back and will resend the mail to airtel. Wonder why all this confusion....
Exactly same thing happened with me :) :
1. I mailed them the link to the Airtel site
2. Asked them when speed gonna get doubled
3. Engineer visited my place to check my connection's speed
4. Informed me that speed upgrade was applicable to the people below 512Kbps
5. I showed him the site
6. He talked to his senior
7. He was clueless too
8. Finally, I mailed them again, now waiting for second visit perhaps :)

Well I mailed them too regarding it and got a call from them saying all speed updation will be done by 15th of July max.

:rolleyes: who called and where u from the airtel presence or yur customer care guys called u they sending engineer to our places to see what speed problem we have wtf ! they have illiterate guys reading our emails or what cant they understand what we writing damn it is such a mess suxx airtel suxx

Back