Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,139
dandaa karte raho..tabhi dimaag sahi hoga unka.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

you know something..my room-mate's uncle (Badri Agarwal) is President in Bharti. Former president at Airtel. We used to get 2 mbps unlimited (when 2mbps was the max. BW offered). And then, my room-mate left and the bandwidth came back to normal :(

I refused Airtel already two times, when they wanted to upgrade my speed (1mbps to 2 mbps).Presently my Fair Usage Policy is 100 GB, after doubling speed it would go to 40 GB. :ishock:I stay with my 1 mbps and download happily :D

I refused Airtel already two times, when they wanted to upgrade my speed (1mbps to 2 mbps).
Presently my Fair Usage Policy is 100 GB, after doubling speed it would go to 40 GB. :ishock:
I stay with my 1 mbps and download happily :D

They announced after FUP data transfer limit is crossed the speed will be back to the previous speed i.e 1mbps in your case. They even sent a printed leaflet stating it along with my regular monthly bill.

They announced after FUP data transfer limit is crossed the speed will be back to the previous speed i.e 1mbps in your case. They even sent a printed leaflet stating it along with my regular monthly bill.

I got it verified, that after FUP of 40 GB is reached speed will be 256 for the rest of the billing cycle

I got it verified, that after FUP of 40 GB is reached speed will be 256 for the rest of the billing cycle

Thanks for the information. I will reconfirm with them before accepting it.

Thanks for the information. I will reconfirm with them before accepting it.

If they tell you something different ask them to confIrm on email.

:@ damn no call still after 2 days of emailing and now sunday dont expect them to call now

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

:hysterical: i just called customer care and had nice conversation where i shouted at him for not updating me he said they were having technical problems but said my speed would doubled by 15 july with my old fair policy since i have 1299 plan i get 512kb in day and 1mb in night now it would be 1mb in day and 2 mb in night hopefully he keeps his word or they can kiss my ass i wont pay them for 50 days of broadband :inodding:

:@ damn no call still after 2 days of emailing and now sunday dont expect them to call now

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

:hysterical: i just called customer care and had nice conversation where i shouted at him for not updating me he said they were having technical problems but said my speed would doubled by 15 july with my old fair policy since i have 1299 plan i get 512kb in day and 1mb in night now it would be 1mb in day and 2 mb in night hopefully he keeps his word or they can kiss my ass i wont pay them for 50 days of broadband :inodding:

don't keep any hopes up on the words of that AIRTEL CALL CENTER CC guys,they don't know a thing.first they were telling it would be done by 1st JUNE 2010..............lol

if nobody replies to your email,send another one

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

they would be putting you on impatient plans

this is not what should happen

they should upgrade your speed and not shift you to an impatient plan

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Exactly same thing happened with me :) :
1. I mailed them the link to the Airtel site
2. Asked them when speed gonna get doubled
3. Engineer visited my place to check my connection's speed
4. Informed me that speed upgrade was applicable to the people below 512Kbps
5. I showed him the site
6. He talked to his senior
7. He was clueless too
8. Finally, I mailed them again, now waiting for second visit perhaps :)

you don't need to mail him and give him any upgrade site link

and in subject line write,Speed not doubled

subject shouldn't be speed problem as its not an engineering problem and problem from their end

engineer doesn't know anything so he can't tell you whether your plan is applicable for speed upgradation OR NOT

ear Customer,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

With reference to your e-mail dated 03/07/2010, you have expressed your concern regarding double speed for your Airtel fixed-line xxxxxxx

We would like to inform that your concern has been registered with us. The same will be addressed within 05/07/2010 by 01:30 pm. The reference number is xxxxxxx

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

Warm Regards,
Amruthagiri
Bharti Airtel Limited

i just keep getting this reply from them

solid_snake4rd which speed are u on has yur plan been upgraded again the same engineer called i told him to see the news he told me to wait and said the night plans are not on the speed double list i told than **** airtel he said no one in my area has been upgraded apart from 256 kb so if anyone from gurgaon gets his speed double from 1299 do post here

Back