Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,122
Can someone please tell me how to check my FUP limit in Airtel? I am using 1699 UL (yeah Limitedly unlimited) 1mbps plan... Please someone..... am waiting to snap at airtel before it is too late...
register at airtel.in with yur details and check account information section for yur total download.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

HA! Exactly

Won't change anything :|
we will see on 15th till than no one knows a thing .

Does Fair Use Policy limit include uploaded also or just downloaded ?

Does Fair Use Policy limit include uploaded also or just downloaded ?
only download is counted .

Ok I saw the airtel.in account information and bill page, I found ways to find how much I downloaded, but I cannot see the FUP enforcement mentioned anywhere.... so what is the current FUP limit for 1699 1mbps UL users? Am from Chennai just FYI..

we will see on 15th till than no one knows a thing .
15th this month ?

What is supposed to happen ?

Email the presence team and talk with them like u got all the info of the uprade is free as per press release. Shout a little they wont put Fair Usage Policy on your plan and say update will be done than .
Do you know anyone that has actually got this yet ? ie no speed drop after a certain limit is crossed and not paid anything extra ?

no i dont think so i know anyone . As per them my speed will be 1mb day and night 2mb by 15th july so i am waiting for that

Akshay I am an existing user but some people like shreevathsan under the same plan in my city have been enforced an FUP of 25gb!!!! So I am worried now...

:o i downloaded 100gb this month i am on turbo plan 1299 they cant fup just who ever they pick !

:o i downloaded 100gb this month i am on turbo plan 1299 they cant Fair Usage Policy just who ever they pick !
Exactly, the 25gb means that upto 25GB you get the double speed after that it returns back to the previous speed ie half as fast and the existing Fair Usage Policy of 100GB which applies for the plan.

This is all what this speed doubling is about, it won't be dbl speed upto existing FUP but only for a fraction of it. Data FUP remains unchanged.

Back