Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,121
I was in Night Unlimited plan for 3 years Rs349 . I changed to Unlimited plan for rs799 from April. When I asked them when I will get my speed upgraded they said it will be completed by june. Then again when I called they told I will get upgraded the next day. Got 512kbps from May 5th with no Fair Usage Policy limit. Suddenly my speed got reduced to 256kbps. When I mailed I got call and was informed the limit is 10GB after that my speed will switch to 256kbps. I mailed them again will get call from them tomorrow. I will ask for 100GB limit otherwise I am going for BSNL or Tikona which does not have Fair Usage Policy.SrivatsanChennai

I was in Night Unlimited plan for 3 years Rs340 . I changed to Unlimited plan for rs799 from April. When I asked them when I will get my speed upgraded they said it will be completed by june. Then again when I called they told I will get upgraded the next day. Got 512kbps from May 5th with no FUP limit. Suddenly my speed got reduced to 256kbps. When I mailed I got call and was informed the limit is 10GB after that my speed will switch to 256kbps. I mailed them again will get call from them tomorrow. I will ask for 100GB limit otherwise I am going for BSNL or Tikona which does not have FUP.

Srivatsan
Chennai

i think bsnl have fup too....

same plan

they hav some software tht measures ur downloads, available in their website, kinda didnt use it though

and

im gonna change to tikona or reliance......

tikona - 1 mbps unlimited 1350 with no Fair Usage Policy
reliance 1 mbps mornin 2 mbps nite - unlimited with no Fair Usage Policy

i hope these plans are same as provided in their website , without any tricks tht airtel do
In case of reliance do double check and Speed practically avaliable at your site is another issue with thes ISP's

:huh: Instead of looking for Broadband Revolution in India All major ISPs are taking us back to the stage from where they have started. Except MTNL all are using stupid Fair Usge policies and as we know MTNL 's service is miserable and even it is not then MTNL is only in Delhi and Mumbai what about other parts of India.Airtel and BSNL are working in Patnership to Keep Indian Broadband Users confined with Kbps its not good for our country. TRAI must take strong action in this issue

TRAI can't make ISP change their stance for ****edUPs.We are doomed. Only way these company will change is through competition. WHEN WILL YOU FREAKING LAUNCH HAYAI???????? That man has shown me enough dreams.

TRAI can't make ISP change their stance for ****edUPs.

We are doomed. Only way these company will change is through competition. WHEN WILL YOU FREAKING LAUNCH HAYAI???????? That man has shown me enough dreams.

But competition is over as all ISPs are launching same kind of plans with FUP some shows openly like airtel and bsnl

Today i got call from airtel regarding speed double iam currently in turbo1299 plan they said it will happen by this month end so i will be getting 1mbps by daytime and 2 mbps in night and my current fairusage policy will be reduced to 25g from 100gb after 25gb iwill be getting 512kbps during daytime and 1mbps in night my original plan speed .I asked them what the use of this plan when impatience 2mbps plan is available with 25gb Fair Usage Policy for 1299 he said in this plan after Fair Usage Policy the speed will reduce to 256kbps .so guys what you think of this
Not bad, I say. Go for it.

^ I guess that means for customers with old plans they are not changing the old Fair Usage Policy policy in which they stated the speed will be reduced by half.

http://www.airtel.in/applications/xm/Fair_Usage_Policy.pdf

On reaching the fair usage level, the plan speed would be rationalized by up to 50% for the rest of the monthly billing cycle.

If that is true I guess we will be lucky to escape their new Fair Usage Policy limits :dance:

Back