Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,121
so what should i do? talk about symbian and windows mobile 6? i would suggest ignoring posts that does not interest you. we are not here to please you.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PLEASING ME

i am just saying when you are talking about all service providers,don't give iPhone as an example as its only AT&T problem not other operator and also Apple's problem for letting AT&t do whatever

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Today, i called customer care, the guy from cc says that the upgradation of 256kbps has been done and 512kbps will be done by july end, and the shocking thing is that the upgraded speed will be limited to 5gb and then return to original plan.

not it will not,it will have your previous FUP,they will tell you that but threaten them and they will come back to their original positions.they lie alot

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Today i got call from airtel regarding speed double iam currently in turbo1299 plan they said it will happen by this month end so i will be getting 1mbps by daytime and 2 mbps in night and my current fairusage policy will be reduced to 25g from 100gb after 25gb iwill be getting 512kbps during daytime and 1mbps in night my original plan speed .I asked them what the use of this plan when impatience 2mbps plan is available with 25gb fup for 1299 he said in this plan after fup the speed will reduce to 256kbps .so guys what you think of this

make them give you a btter FUP

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Akshay I am an existing user but some people like shreevathsan under the same plan in my city have been enforced an FUP of 25gb!!!! So I am worried now...

nobody can be enforced.you don't have to be worried

if they make yours 25gb then just tell them strongly to put you backa and they will

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

YA didnt get the 2 mbps upgrade, they say its not fer everyone, only fer those who download less

1) no 2 mbps speed upgrade
2) speed reduced from 1 mbps to 512 from july 2nd
3) customer care guy says got FUPed to 25 gb from june 27th ( this 25 gb cap wasnt present from june 2009 to june 2010), after fup. only 512
4) AIRTEL today mail me sayin my fup is 100 gb, and by nxt month i'll get 1 mbps
5) finally decided to disconnect after this billing period

tikona offers 1 mbps for 1355 - unlimited
reliance unlimited.. 1455 1 mbps in the morn and 2 mbps in the night

mite change to any of these..... i hope there r no fups in these plans

do u guys feel anythin fishy in these plans , or anythin i should b aware of

its for everybody

1) no 2 mbps speed upgrade
2) speed reduced from 1 mbps to 512 from july 2nd
3) customer care guy says got FUPed to 25 gb from june 27th ( this 25 gb cap wasnt present from june 2009 to june 2010), after Fair Usage Policy. only 512
4) AIRTEL today mail me sayin my Fair Usage Policy is 100 gb, and by nxt month i'll get 1 mbps
5) finally decided to disconnect after this billing period

This is not good, its better to shift your plan from 1mbs to 512kbs in that case, would be the apt way to deal with it, course if you need 1mbs then you will have to look for another ISP, though they will never be as reliable.

Yeah shreevathsan, like what blr_p said I am kind of skeptical about Reliance/Tikona... because during installation, these guys will talk with honey in their mouth and after that when we call to report a problem, we will have to go behind them as if they are the girl whom we love.. and suddenly before you realise you'd have swapped places and they will act as if they are providing free service.. Besides that Tikona is a wireless solution and what if you dont get proper signal??? Reliance is well known for producing fraudulently high bills...

Yeah shreevathsan, like what blr_p said I am kind of skeptical about Reliance/Tikona... because during installation, these guys will talk with honey in their mouth and after that when we call to report a problem, we will have to go behind them as if they are the girl whom we love.. and suddenly before you realise you'd have swapped places and they will act as if they are providing free service.. Besides that Tikona is a wireless solution and what if you dont get proper signal??? Reliance is well known for producing fraudulently high bills...

I totaly agree with you

I just got an Airtel Broadband marketing call selling me the idea that why dont I upgrade my 1mbps(100GB Fair Usage Policy/Rs.1699) plan to the new 4mbps(50GB Fair Usage Policy/Rs.1799) plan, as it is only a matter of Rs.100. I blasted the guy saying why should I agree to 4 times the speed when I end up finishing the 100GB within a month even with the current 1mbps speed. He didnt want to believe that 100GB could be finished in a month, but when I insisted that he can check my April account when my speed was dropped to half at 512kbps when I had crossed 100GB, he believed it, but then came back with the selling point that I still get 4 times the speed. I asked him to write a suggestion in his "customer comments when called" column(the CS Centers always seem to have it) that I will take the 4mbps plan the moment the Fair Usage Policy was raised to over 100GB, maybe like 150GB. The guy then admitted that other existing customers have also raised the Fair Usage Policy concerns for the new plans from 1mbps to 4mbps. Now, the point here is that when we get this upgrade marketing call, we have to ask for a better Fair Usage Policy if they want us as a continuing customer. Even if they didnt call, why dont a large no. of us call 121 to check the new rates and tell them vehemently that we would love to take the 1799/4mbps offer if the Fair Usage Policy was increased to over 100GB. Numbers have that power to make them think. I do not buy or agree to an earlier comment by someone that no matter what our group of people wanting the FUPs to move up thinks, it will not change. I strongly believe it will change. Just pick up that phone and make the call to 121, no matter where you live. We will see a change shortly, I am certain!!

Got a call from the Airtel grievance department yesterday evening. I had initially logged in a complaint wit Airtel CC and had blasted them. As expected it was not resolved coz a dud engineer was sent to my place. Anyhow, explained the grievance dept guy the entire thing and the incompetency of the Airtel CC, to which he pretty much agreed. He has logged in another complaint to the Marketing team since they are responsible for new policies/announcements on website and the leaflets those are distributed with the monthly bill. Hoping that someone sensible responds and gives a clearer picture about the speed upgrade thing. Waiting for a call from Marketing team nw..

Guys I just called airtel to ask whether my speeds will be doubled im on turbo 1299 512 day and 1 mbps night, he told that no speed upgrade for me as upgrades are only for 256 kbps plan users :( Is it the same case with you all?

:isleep: read the last few pages u will know the answer.U need to tell them it is the their press release about speed double for people upto 1mb .

Back