Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,122
:evil: i told them to keep my old fup the airtel presence guy said to me it would be same i have the recorded the call for future use.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Exactly, the 25gb means that upto 25GB you get the double speed after that it returns back to the previous speed ie half as fast and the existing Fair Usage Policy of 100GB which applies for the plan.

This is all what this speed doubling is about, it won't be dbl speed upto existing FUP but only for a fraction of it. Data FUP remains unchanged.

he said he was old customer of 1699 plan and he his having speed of 1mb only but has been fuped on that also he does not seem to have got double speed.

he said he was old customer of 1699 plan and he his having speed of 1mb only but has been fuped on that also he does not seem to have got double speed.
I've never heard of anyone having their Data Fair Usage Policy changed without their consent.

Was another plan offered in place ? aussiesuree

I think there is a miscommunication here.

Originally Posted by shreevathsan https://broadband.forum/airtel-broa...ouble-broadband-speeds/post406157/#post406157 i had no fair usuage in my plan

as i said earlier , ive been using 1699 1 mbps unlimited plan for more than a year

they had put a Fair Usage Policy of 25 gb into this plan last week ...... with no mail or phone notification

and they said, 2 mbps upgrade is not free for all, only for selected customers, whom they hav earlier called , and who dont download much.....

this is ridiculous, i cant pay 1900 for 4 days of 1 mbps and 27 days of 512 kbps

do u guys know any better plans or ISP i can switch to...

bsnl, reliance, anythin, fed up with airtel

i dont know what airtel is doing i bet they even dont have a clue what a big mess they creating for themselves :wall:

i dont know what airtel is doing i bet they even dont have a clue what a big mess they creating for themselves :wall:

when they called me... the guy says i have 25 gb fup for my 1699 1 mbps unlimited plan from june 27th (which didnt exist when i had the plan since last year)

now i get a mail from airtel sayin my fup is 100 gb..... and after that 512.....

how is it possible to download 100 gb in 4 day.... with my plan even if my pc is runnin 24 hrs, 10 gb is max i could download, it would take more than 10 days to get to that fup....... but i got FUPed from july 2... just in 4 days......

:mad: it is a technical error i always keep my areas engineer number for such issues it kind of helps if u know that guy well lol .

when they called me... the guy says i have 25 gb Fair Usage Policy for my 1699 1 mbps unlimited plan from june 27th (which didnt exist when i had the plan since last year)

now i get a mail from airtel sayin my Fair Usage Policy is 100 gb..... and after that 512.....

how is it possible to download 100 gb in 4 day.... with my plan even if my pc is runnin 24 hrs, 10 gb is max i could download, it would take more than 10 days to get to that Fair Usage Policy....... but i got FUPed from july 2... just in 4 days......
The way i would explain this is -- upto 25gb you get 2mbs speed after you cross it then it drops to 1mbs for the remaining 75GB. So you got your speed doubled but it only lasted to 25GB, this is the F'UP they mentioned.

Question is did you notice the speed double when you got your first 25GB ?

:rofl:arey he never got speed double. He is fuped at 512kb now meaning he was getting 1 mb only bullshit airtel.

:rofl:arey he never got speed double. He is fuped at 512kb now meaning he was getting 1 mb only bullshit airtel.

YA didnt get the 2 mbps upgrade, they say its not fer everyone, only fer those who download less

1) no 2 mbps speed upgrade
2) speed reduced from 1 mbps to 512 from july 2nd
3) customer care guy says got FUPed to 25 gb from june 27th ( this 25 gb cap wasnt present from june 2009 to june 2010), after fup. only 512
4) AIRTEL today mail me sayin my fup is 100 gb, and by nxt month i'll get 1 mbps
5) finally decided to disconnect after this billing period

tikona offers 1 mbps for 1355 - unlimited
reliance unlimited.. 1455 1 mbps in the morn and 2 mbps in the night

mite change to any of these..... i hope there r no fups in these plans

do u guys feel anythin fishy in these plans , or anythin i should b aware of

Back