Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,118
you are just arguing over nothing. if bill gates and warren buffet are donating most of their wealth, good for them. it does not mean that every other guy should do the same.a person should be free to do what he wants to do with the money he makes. and i don't think it gives me the right to complain if ambani's do not do it... especially when i do not even donate .5% of the money i make.

Forget about Donation, But they must ensure good servive to their customer and reliance is too far from that. This is not the forum to discuss other feilds but when you observe you will find how reliance is exploiting the Indian resources to make cheap money eg are many and one of them is BSES which look over electricity supply in Delhi and all its electronic meters are 3% faster, since they fall in acceptable limit no action can be taken but at the same time non of theis meter shows -3% error this -ve reading error too falls in acceptable limit but is is not observed WHY because Reliance need to make cheap money, Reliance posses no character in market in any field.

right. i am no fan of how they do their business. but i don't think i have any business to talk about what they do in their personal lives. :)

Airtel sent me a mail today stating the speed will be reduced to 256kbps after Fair Usage Policy limit is crossed.From 1mbps doubled to 2mbps and then down to 256 kbps.:ishock:After 15 days they sent this....in between someone from Airtel also sent a message saying it will be reduced to half of genuine speed. I have told them I am not accepting the double speed offer.This has been my worst experience with Airtel since I became their customer six years back.

Okay after a few mails to Airtel they finally send this to me:
We would like to inform that as per the bill plan DSL Combo Turbo 1299 (Day 512kbps/Night 1mbps) Plan opted by you, the speed is 1mbps up to the ISP node.

We would like to inform you that as per double speed plan in day also you will get 1 mbps speed.

To check the speed of your Airtel broadband connection you can go to a link AIRTEL BROADBAND SPEED TEST
Or
You can also go to a link http://ftp.ncr.airtelbroadband.in/ and download the file.

1. You should download 2 or more files simultaneously.
2. Check the transfer rate in Kbytes/sec.
3. This aggregate transfer rate from the entire simultaneous file download multiplied by 8 will give the speed of the Airtel Broadband connection in Kbps up to ISP node.

E.g. while downloading 2 files simultaneously if the file transfer rate is 130 Kbytes/sec (X) and 136 Kbytes/sec (Y) respectively for these 2 files. Then the download speed will be calculated as (X+Y)*8 Kbps or (130+136)*8 = 2128 Kbps

That means they are willing to give me 1 mbps in day, but when I checked my speed its still 512 :/

i am also getting 512 kb after being told by 15 th july my speed will be doubled and just sent one last mail to them lets see what they do it should be my 6 th or 7th mail them :wall:

Yes. Its funny how airtel handles these service requests. Every time i email on 121 about my speed not getting doubled, i get a call from a local engineer about the problem. He realizes that its something he cannot do anything about so we just hang up and end of story. I applied for a disconnection, lets see if the retention dept. has any thing to offer.

Why cant they use a Helpdesk Software like Kayako. Their email responses are driving me crazy....I get replies from different persons who do not seem to be following on the previous replies.Update: Now I got a reply from some other name telling me I am on a different plan :D Airtel customer service has gone nuts.btw they also mentioned FUP limits apply to day time downloads only.

I finally got my speed upgraded to 1mbps.

Mention below is what I mailed to Airtel.

Code:
Subject: 	Doubles broadband speeds of 512 Kbps to 1 Mbps and 1 Mbps to 2 Mbps at no extra cost.Date: 	Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:04:42 +0530From: 	***** To: 	[email protected],I would like to know when it is going to happen my connection.http://airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/About%20Bharti%20Airtel/bharti+airtel/media+centre/bharti+airtel+news/telemedia/pg-airtel-breaks-the-speed-barrierAccount Number: *********

And this is the reply I received.

Code:
-------- Original Message --------Subject: 	Doubles broadband speeds of 512 Kbps to 1 Mbps and 1 Mbps to 2 Mbps at no extra cost.Date: 	Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:05:41 +0530From: 	[email protected]: 	*****.*****@gmail.com  Dear Customer, This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team isworking on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for theinconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for furtherdetails of your concern as the need arises.  Regards,Rakesh KumarAirtel Customer Service Team   This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.The recipient acknowledges that Bharti Airtel Limited or its subsidiaries and associated companies(collectively "Bharti Airtel Limited"),are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/overthe contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of Bharti Airtel Limited. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects.

And today I got my speed upgraded.

https://www.speedtest.net:rolleyes::imwink:

Back