Airtel Broadband to double broadband speeds by June 2010 #airtelsucks

• Thread starter Thread starter AjayJP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,204
  • Views Views 171,115
Yepee!! My speed is upgraded to 1 Mbps day and the airtel executive told me that the Fair Usage Policy is 100GB but dont know about the night speed. Will post at 10.00P.M. today.
Thanx Airtel.

Well was out of India for over a week and just returned. Glad to see the posts that atleast some of our fellow forum members have started getting double speeds. The only question arises whether the same FUP limit of 100 GB would still apply or will it be slashed as per their new plan policy. Hoping that rest of us also get the speed upgrade soon with existing FUP limits (of 100 GB).

Well was out of India for over a week and just returned. Glad to see the posts that atleast some of our fellow forum members have started getting double speeds. The only question arises whether the same FUP limit of 100 GB would still apply or will it be slashed as per their new plan policy. Hoping that rest of us also get the speed upgrade soon with existing FUP limits (of 100 GB).

the same FUP as old shall apply

https://broadband.forum/airtel-broadband/58370-airtel-broadband-double-broadband-speeds/83/#post408877

this guy was told that the speed upgrade is for 5GB.

Remember that I refused them to upgrade as they told me that it would change the applicable FUP.
After me complaining about the upgrade, and telling them that I am not ready to accept any changed FUP,
I was informed that my plan would stay the same and I would get double speed for 5 GB and then revert to my 1 Mbps with FUP of 100 GB.

PS: My speed is still 2 Mbps after downloading far above 5 GB

Remember that I refused them to upgrade as they told me that it would change the applicable FUP.
After me complaining about the upgrade, and telling them that I am not ready to accept any changed FUP,

good,don't ever listen to them

I was informed that my plan would stay the same and I would get double speed for 5 GB and then revert to my 1 Mbps with FUP of 100 GB.

PS: My speed is still 2 Mbps after downloading far above 5 GB

good that your speed has not been throttled

and even if they throttle it,you can ask them for it to be doubled as are all other airtel customers

they try to push the customers,if the customer doesn't agree they try different tactics.whatever they say

you tell them every other customer is getting the doubled speed for the same FUP and stick to that stance

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

https://broadband.forum/airtel-broadband/58370-airtel-broadband-double-broadband-speeds/83/#post408877

this guy was told that the speed upgrade is for 5GB.

we have discussed this previously admin

they do try to push the customers as far as they can,it is for the customers to be strong.

good that your speed has not been throttled

and even if they throttle it,you can ask them for it to be doubled as are all other airtel customers

they try to push the customers,if the customer doesn't agree they try different tactics.whatever they say

you tell them every other customer is getting the doubled speed for the same FUP and stick to that stance

I am quite aggressive about my FUP, as I am an Anime fan and some of the serials are quite heavy in download size lol
Apart from this I am using heavily youtube and online TV.
40 GB FUP, as they offered me for double speed, would be just ridiculous.

I guess i need to fight to get my speed double in my area bcoz i think no one is aware of it and is pressing for it damn

I again got a call from the corporate office confirming whether my speed is upgraded or not and they also said that they will call tomorrow to confirm whether the night speed is upgraded and told that the FUP is 100GB. After that the speed will return to 512 day and 1 at night. Got the speed upgrade in just 3 days. Best service from Airtel since 5 years. Airtel is back--THE BEST.

Back