Australia vs India, 7 ODI & a T20I series

• Thread starter Thread starter ashish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 354
  • Views Views 28,949
I was wondering in the last game how come india managed to surpass 300+.....as they were once @ 150/5 .....
Also I was wondering how come india won the 2nd ODI chasing 350 and also 6 overs to spare.....

This rule for sure it favors batsman....

Ashish said:
2 new balls are supposed to help fast bowlers
How bro ?? With 2 new balls spinners find it difficult, plus it will not help fast bowlers so much as it takes out reverse swing from the equation .. Remember how much fun it was seeing Paki bowlers demolish sides in the 90s and early 2000s with reverse swing ?? Plus batters temperament was tested ..Now its just slam bang .. They have to go back to 1 new ball only to make ODIs more interesting ...

^^^
Completely agree with you gaurang.....
New balls always comes to bat nicely.....its easier for the batsman to score runs when the ball is new.....
Ofcourse it helps little to the fast bowlers....certainly it does not help the spinners.....
Over all it seems its bigger format of 20-20....favors batsman on most occasion.....

gaurang08 said:
How bro ?? With 2 new balls spinners find it difficult, plus it will not help fast bowlers so much as it takes out reverse swing from the equation .. Remember how much fun it was seeing Paki bowlers demolish sides in the 90s and early 2000s with reverse swing ?? Plus batters temperament was tested ..Now its just slam bang .. They have to go back to 1 new ball only to make ODIs more interesting ...
if the fast bowlers are quality enough, they will make the use of the new ball effectively to thier advantage. they will hit the deck harder and more faster with the new ball. as for spinners they usually don't bowl at the death, so not a disadvantage to them.
i think 2 new ball rule is advantageous for the bowlers. you can check "n" of articles by international bowlers supporting this rule.

Currently i dont see any quality fast bowlers except Dale Styen....

Ashish said:
if the fast bowlers are quality enough, they will make the use of the new ball effectively to thier advantage. they will hit the deck harder and more faster with the new ball. as for spinners they usually don't bowl at the death, so not a disadvantage to them.
i think 2 new ball rule is advantageous for the bowlers. you can check "n" of articles by international bowlers supporting this rule.
This rule can be somewhat effective overseas bro but in sub continent conditions its nothing short of a death penalty for bowlers .. First India could easily win matches setting even 250 runs with 3 spinners coming into play .. thats going to change now ... Ashwin and Jadeja are not such bad bowlers as they are made out to be because of this " 2 new ball " rule ...

Steyn doesn't bowl yorkers at all at the death but he mixes up the length beautifully. I noticed this after watching a few videos of his. He rarely gets smashed. He doesn't give much room to the batsmen and he is backed up with such pace. He varies them well in the death and keeps the batsmen guessing. Ishant Sharma could have learned a lot from Steyn and Waqar during the IPL. Its a shame that he isn't performing like he did when he started his career. Steyn's economy rate and average is decent but that might change with change in rules.

Done forget wasim. He was bowling coach of kkr in ipl. And Ishant learned zilch from him. Steyn is the best fast bowler Imo. He thinks and then delivers. Had only seen Ab devilliers smash him once in ipl otherwise Steyn always picks up wickets with less runs.

Back