Breaking News: Prices Increase for Base packs

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 13,274
IF TS adds atleast 2 channels 1 GEC and 1 Music it will be good for Tamil TS customers and it will be good for TS to promote their DTH in TN............

One GEC is Raj TV, another one is Isaiaruvi. May be TS may add SS Music insted of Isaiaruvy. What about Adithya and Siripoli. :huh:

My goodness to be honest if you are working guys..........its better we dont need those channels as in Sun TV, Sun Music, Kalaignar TV..........show comedy scenes after 10.........

Yes..., right now Tata Sky has to focus on Tamil Channels as the competition here in south is more in DTH platform., Even some people are shifting to cable tv back as they are missing the favorite channels in all the DTH platform.

I guess TS has already established in NORTH and it does not require more channels to be added except few which are popular also i think only in Tamil TV channels have a big competition and became popular., Only Makkal, Mega, WIN and Vasanth does not able to compete with the other channels like SUN, Jaya and Kalaingar.

If you see in general, TS has added all the popular channels in all the languages which is mostly viewed., they do not want to say they are giving this much channels.. but they want to say these many channels are watched by their customers. It is like having 3 eyes and using only two.

I am not a TS promoter but just i thought of sharing this...I do not say TS is better or worst... as it provides moderate service.

TS will add any channel provided they are paid the carriage fees which they charge. Eg.India Tv. They don't mind about viewers. Eg. Zee channels. Sun tv came into TS after very long time. If they were interested they would have done a compromise with Sun group to added its channels the next day instead of going to TDSAT and wasting time over a year. What is the problem in adding Raj tv or Isaiaruvi or Jayamax? Those channels are also watched by many. What about other languagues like Telugu, Malayalam, etc.,.? TS cannot decide what we watch. It shall not claim that what ever channels they provide are popular.

My opinion is that still many tamil channels are added in other DTH's but the fact is TS has less number of tamil channels when it is compared to other DTH.

Sun tv came into TS after very long time. If they were interested they would have done a compromise with Sun group to added its channels the next day instead of going to TDSAT and wasting time over a year.

Sun wanted to take over Tata Sky; wasn't it a big scandal before the elections? It was front page news. Sun did not want to give any channel to TS and was in fact demanding exorbitant rates. Only when Sun realised that it will lose its case, it negotiated with TS. TS is more professional and it knew that some sun channels were popular and getting them on board was necessary to get a foothold in tamilnadu.

Sun wanted to take over Tata Sky; wasn't it a big scandal before the elections? It was front page news. Sun did not want to give any channel to TS and was in fact demanding exorbitant rates. Only when Sun realised that it will lose its case, it negotiated with TS. TS is more professional and it knew that some sun channels were popular and getting them on board was necessary to get a foothold in tamilnadu.
Sun along with Tata and Sky if had launched a DTH that would have been a greatest thing for TS.............:thumb:

It was a baseless allegations made by oppositions. No one able to prove it! They simply stated like that because Maran was a minister for IT. They missed the point that he was not the minister for IB. He was getting praises from all because of cheaper std rates, Dataone and so on. Everyone has right to charge their own rate. Is not Neo charging Rs.40 just for 2 channels? When not many going to watch that channel when no live feeds are coming. Whats wrong in Sun charging for its long list of channels which are No.1 in South India?

Coming to basepack topic is price increase justified for adding FTA channels?

Back