BSNL Bharat Fiber new broadband plans (30mbps/100mbps/200mbps/300mbps) [September 2020]

BSNL is launching 4 new plans as follows 30Mbps@449, 100Mbps@799, 200Mbps@999, 300Mbps@1499. I don't know anything about FUP at the moment.

Fibre Basic​
Fibre Value​
Fibre Premium​
Fibre Ultra​
Speed
30Mbps​
100 Mbps​
200 Mbps​
300 Mbps​
OTT
Nil​
Nil​
Hotstar Premium​
Hotstar Premium​
Monthly Charges
449​
799​
999​
1499​

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
My home was served by underground ADSL copper cable directly by BSNL. They still own that infrastructure/poles. If BSNL uses that to deploy fiber it will be good and I might be interested. Otherwise they will again go through LCOs which will affect customer experience. Directly deploying fiber will be beneficial for BSNL too as they have to share big chunk of revenue with the LCOs.
That I don't think will happen because bsnl babus will not take that much of work also shifting from adsl to fiber will take at least 2yrs I discussed the same thing with my jto after my adsl was down for about an week. Let see but this may change because in many areas lco have monopoly with only one service like in my area so in that case maybe bsnl will give connection directly.

@supukabi Then BSNL will not survive in my area. Jio, Airtel FTTH both are available. Excitel, Railwire, some local ftth provders are also there. BSNL has an upper hand if they directly deploy underground fiber as most of the broadband users here were using BSNL ADSL and some like me used even dial-up from BSNL, they have familiarity with BSNL. Going through LCOs simply doesn’t give that confidence to customers and most stick to ADSL but for how long? Everyone needs speed eventually.

@Gaurav15 Then you need not worry bout BSNL and its new pans because you simply have alternatives. This is for people like me with no providers except BSNL in towns. I am sure, no one will choose BSNL over other private operators.

@supukabi Then BSNL will not survive in my area. Jio, Airtel FTTH both are available. Excitel, Railwire, some local ftth provders are also there. BSNL has an upper hand if they directly deploy underground fiber as most of the broadband users here were using BSNL ADSL and some like me used even dial-up from BSNL, they have familiarity with BSNL. Going through LCOs simply doesn’t give that confidence to customers and most stick to ADSL but for how long? Everyone needs speed eventually.
TBH, it is not so simple to replace ADSL copper wires with Fiber optics wire.
Copper wires can be pulled across existing ducts ...but Fiber optics cant be pulled into existing duct without much efforts.
Fiber cant be bend beyond certain angles (causes data loss). ADSL wires will work even with 90 Degree bend Optics cable wont work when bend to 90 degree.

@Sudarshan61 fiber cables can definitely bend more than what a lot of people assume. It can easily run in the existing infrastructure, which is poles connected by underground tunnels. They can install distribution boxes on these poles. BSNL’s last mile infrastructure is a wet dream for most ISPs but they still don’t utilise it properly.

Most people don't like using Email clients on their desktops atleast. . Gmail and others have a good web mail.
The NIC mails (@gov.in) are targeted for official use. Corporate users actually prefer using Email clients, the generally preferred one been Outlook. Email clients help keep things organised and provide additional functionality like customised email stationery, integrated calender/scheduler, customised mailing lists and address books, ability to merge/attach multiple emails into a single one etc. GMail web interface fails in the requirement of official use.

Back