Considering buying Spectra. Need some advice

Can somebody tell me why would somebody opt for Spectra if their area offers ACT > 100 Mbps, Jio, or Airtel FTTH.

@aakshey Spectra has unlimited data @ 1 Gbps for only Rs. 2,499 per month approximately at least in Bangalore.

It's the cheapest of the bunch.

Avoid Jio Fiber like COVID-19: Source

Yes.

1. Gigabit doesn’t matter unless you’re getting great speeds, jitter, ping, routing to all servers all the time. In that respect I would rather go with ACT 150 or Airtel 300. Both of which are cheaper. In fact apart from uploads, even Jio might do well for lay people.

2. Almost nobody really needs unlimited data. For most people 1000-2000 GB is as good as unlimited. And all companies these days provide that.

3. Would you seriousply take Spectra Gig Uld over Airtel 300 3333 GB?

4. The most important thing is downtime and service. And routing and consistency to all servers is key too. These things aren’t Spectra’s strength right?

If you only get full speed to Spectra BLR, that’s not really a Gig connection right?

@aakshey Tag the people you're replying to because you're confusing us.

I'm soon moving to Bangalore, I will try all three, ACT, Spectra, Airtel. I will start with Spectra's 500 Mbps plan and see how it goes.

As far as data goes, I consume more than 3 TB per month. I'm a heavy torrent downloader and seeder,

@Dark_Nate I can’t see the option to tag on this website. Please advise.

If you do download more than 3 TB a month, then yes, Spectra is your only option. But I don’t see the point of it.

1. All TV shows / movies can be streamed these days.

2. Nobody needs more than 1 TB worth of games a month.

3. You can’t really listen to TBs worth of songs.

You are tagging correctly. Using "@[username]".

1. Yes, I stream.
2. I seed the games.
3. I seed even more games.

I have 10 TB of external storage. I make income by downloading content based on people's request, as long as it's legal content.

@aakshey I make some income by downloading content on request.

Either way, I consume a lot of data per month. Depending on my location as I'm not always in one state.

Back