Google Photos

Today, over 1 billion people, including you, back up a remarkable 28 billion photos to Google Photos each week. In order to welcome even more of your memories and build for the future, we are making this change.
keeping all these images for years and years without making money on it is not a good business model. especially considering these are completely private and there are no ads or anything. plus i guess google does not really need any more data to improve their face and object recognition tech... so there is no incentive to keep this free. sundar pichai is doing the same thing to google what ballmer did to microsoft.

people love to talk about how google type companies are making billions from our data. google seems to be telling us that our data is not really worth anything and it's time to pay for what you use.

I can't believe what mess Google has created for their users, fans and customers. They have two different paid plans for general consumers. If you want music, pay for YouTube Premium. But if you want storage, you gotta get Google One. Now compare this to Apple's offering. You can storage, music, video and a bunch of other things for a pretty reasonable price.

ceefr2Z.webp

Google does not even have a streaming service. They failed big time with YouTube Red. Google Play Music was quite nice and had a lot of fans. They fucked that up with YouTube Music. YouTube have so many ads today that people are basically paying for YouTube Premium not for music but to get rid of ads.

Google One costs 210 per month for 200GB. YouTube Premium costs 189 per month for family. Total comes to Rs. 399 per month.

Last edited:
Google needs to be wise. Instead of making things simple for the consumer, it's making it way more complicated to the point Apple services seems to be an option now. 😂

google needs their founders back in ceo position. or find a new guy with a different approach like microsoft did with satya. satya has done the unthinkable. people like microsoft now. it is doing incredibly well. is heavily focused on open source now. and is heavily invested in linux as well.

I wish they had a medium quality option as well. Ever since I switched to an iPhone even high quality compressed ones take 6-7 mb sometimes

i thought heic was a pretty well optimized format 🥺

went through my photo folder on my shitty camera samsung phone. largest size i saw was around 4MB lol. pixel photos were quite large iirc.

google really should start using webp or avif or even jpeg-xl. would save a lot of storage requirement for everyone for optimized images.

Back