Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,770
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent ! so you can begin with min 10 mbps speed then.
BSNL goes nowhere near ;)
btw their best deal is 20 GB at Rs 1750 with 60 day validity and 15 day grace period, which is basically 75 days validity.
which is 87.5 Rs per GB with *upto* 2mbps speed.

With small amounts of usage over a longer period (say 60 days validity per your example), we wouldn't be that much different - 2 months line rental @ Rs599 plus 18GB @ 283 (total 24GB since each 599 topup comes with 3GB data) = 1481 inc tax = equivalent to Rs61.71/GB = ~6 paise per MB (even though the data itself lasts 360 days, the line rental doesn't).

With such small amounts of usage we'd almost certainly suggest a Hayai Lite plan, but unlike BSNL and so on we can offer things like for "average" users, 120GB over a 60 day period would work out to Rs1198 + 1797 = 2995 inc tax = 2995 / 126GB = equivalent to 23.76/GB or even for heavy users 600(+6)GB over 60 days would work out to 15.93/GB... but then at this level, people would probably be better off with the flat-rate 25 or 50mbit/s plan anyway.

With small amounts of usage over a longer period (say 60 days validity per your example), we wouldn't be that much different - 2 months line rental @ Rs599 plus 18GB @ 283 (total 24GB since each 599 topup comes with 3GB data) = 1481 inc tax = equivalent to Rs61.71/GB = ~6 paise per MB (even though the data itself lasts 360 days, the line rental doesn't).

With such small amounts of usage we'd almost certainly suggest a Hayai Lite plan, but unlike BSNL and so on we can offer things like for "average" users, 120GB over a 60 day period would work out to Rs1198 + 1797 = 2995 inc tax = 2995 / 126GB = equivalent to 23.76/GB or even for heavy users 600(+6)GB over 60 days would work out to 15.93/GB... but then at this level, people would probably be better off with the flat-rate 25 or 50mbit/s plan anyway.

Let me point you to a goof in your analysis.

You are comparing one of your worst possible cases(in which you yourself would suggest Hayai Lite plans as the cost ineffectivity on the part of the user increases) with one of the most cost effective(!) plans BSNL has to offer.
The plan I've mentioned is a plan which is volume based(god knows what that means) from which I have selected a plan which has the lowest per GB cost (Rs 87.5) But if you check this
Volume Based Recharge Vouchers

The uppermost plan has a cost to customer Rs 250/GB :o and among the plans whose image I have provided above the uppermost has a cost of Rs 1024/GB :O Rs61/GB and that too at 100 or perhaps 200 mbps as compared to this is pretty cost effective I should say.

Let me point you to a goof in your analysis.

You are comparing one of your worst possible cases(in which you yourself would suggest Hayai Lite plans as the cost ineffectivity on the part of the user increases) with one of the most cost effective(!) plans BSNL has to offer.
The plan I've mentioned is a plan which is volume based(god knows what that means) from which I have selected a plan which has the lowest per GB cost (Rs 87.5) But if you check this
Volume Based Recharge Vouchers

The uppermost plan has a cost to customer Rs 250/GB :o and among the plans whose image I have provided above the uppermost has a cost of Rs 1024/GB :O Rs61/GB and that too at 100 or perhaps 200 mbps as compared to this is pretty cost effective I should say.

Yeah, but at certain level's we're not that much different - the 18+6GB was merely a comparison to the equivalent plan - go too much lower and we don't have anything to compare to at all without going to Hayai Lite (which work then work out to be from Rs59.8/GB at the 5GB level to Rs21.6/GB at the 30GB level).

But yeah, otherwise I'd agree - I might even go so far as to suggest that anything beyond about Rs200/GB after taking in to account things like infrastructure and taxes is a little bit ludicrous and perhaps even counter-intuiative. How in the hell do they expect to reach 75 million broadband subscribers in the next couple of years if the prices don't come down drastically (whether on 3G, WiMax or good-old ADSL) is beyond me.

In my view, they already could have that much if they simply charged more reasonable rates.

In my view, they already could have that much if they simply charged more reasonable rates.
More reasonable rates and better customer support, in other words, caring towards the customers more.

Hey, when did the 'director' change to 'founder' ? director looked better. :)

Lol, either would do. Need the service soon. Even 2 weeks looks like 2 year years now :(

More reasonable rates and better customer support, in other words, caring towards the customers more.

Hahahaha. Airtel still rides on it's customer support reputation even though reports suggest that it's gone south... most companies couldn't care less about customers (despite the marketing campaigns), but you still buy, so Sunil, Anil and Ratan are all chuckling their way to their respective banks because they have all your money.

Yes yes, a good corporation has to make money, and I'm anticipating doing the same - I won't deny that - but I *don't* agree with outright profiteering when they *are* in a position to (and it would be more beneficial for both the company and their customers) to supply the better service.

Yesterday... no particular reason - there are currently 4 directors, but only one founder... only one mgcarley :D

Lol, either would do. Need the service soon. Even 2 weeks looks like 2 year years now :(

Tell me about it. I've bet myself $50 that I could start Hayai Pakistan before Hayai India since the market is completely degregulated (and company formation is quick, relative to India), plus it has freely available peering, and an unbundled loop... in fact, the only thing Pakistan hasn't got is cheaper International bandwidth, but it's mostly on the same cables as India is, so this is to be expected.

from Rs59.8/GB at the 5GB level to Rs21.6/GB at the 30GB level

Well, that's okay, the price graph is always going to be higher at the near zero levels...
If we calculate, 5 GB at Rs 60 per GB amounts to *only* Rs 300. As long as the overall monthly rental remains below Rs 1000, people will not care about the cost.
Including profits you can add around 16 GB data and can advertise the plan for Rs 1000 for a cost of 60 Rs per GB. All the speed hungry BSNL people who are currently using the BSNL BBG Combo 1111 plan( 2 mbps, 15 GB data transfer limit) will gladly want to switch to Hayai because you will be giving 1 GB extra at the same cost AND will give 50x speed for Rs 111 less :D

NOBODY will agree that you will be not that much different.

Sorry guys for the double post. The connection disconnected when I was editing the last post. The site cancelled the changes :)

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Yes yes, a good corporation has to make money, and I'm anticipating doing the same - I won't deny that - but I *don't* agree with outright profiteering when they *are* in a position to (and it would be more beneficial for both the company and their customers) to supply the better service.

Fully agreed.
Actually I don't think companies like BSNL and others were like "couldn't care less" from the beginning. It may be that being tired of the attitude of the customers (read Chetan Bhagat's book One Night at the Call Center to know what I mean) they may have learnt(?) to ignore customers. However, this behaviour is unacceptable anyway.

Well, that's okay, the price graph is always going to be higher at the near zero levels...
If we calculate, 5 GB at Rs 60 per GB amounts to *only* Rs 300. As long as the overall monthly rental remains below Rs 1000, people will not care about the cost.
Including profits you can add around 16 GB data and can advertise the plan for Rs 1000 for a cost of 60 Rs per GB. All the speed hungry BSNL people who are currently using the BSNL BBG Combo 1111 plan( 2 mbps, 15 GB data transfer limit) will gladly want to switch to Hayai because you will be giving 1 GB extra at the same cost AND will give 50x speed for Rs 111 less :D

NOBODY will agree that you will be not that much different.

I should clarify - 5GB on Hayai Lite would go for Rs299 inc tax (10GB for Rs399 etc), whereas 3GB on Hayai's normal would be Rs599 (next step up is 9GB which would be Rs695 or so), so to compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges, we should compare BSNL Wimax to Hayai Lite and BSNL's normal plans to the normal Hayai plans, since our largest Hayai Lite plan allows for 30GB only.

Fully agreed.
Actually I don't think companies like BSNL and others were like "couldn't care less" from the beginning. It may be that being tired of the attitude of the customers (read Chetan Bhagat's book One Night at the Call Center to know what I mean) they may have learnt(?) to ignore customers. However, this behaviour is unacceptable anyway.

It's hard for me to say what things were like 5 or 10 years ago - I wasn't in India at the time. I know that the incumbant in my country 5 years ago were utter shit (it used to be a monopoly... still kinda is in a way, but that's another story). That same company is still quite bad now, but perhaps not as bad as it once was.

I have also seen how it is to work in a call center - when I was right out of school I did on-site and remote support for a medical software company, which involved being sometimes in the call center. That company too started ignoring customers and even the so-called preferential customers I learned upon my return to NZ had migrated to the alternative platform.

even the so-called preferential customers I learned upon my return to NZ had migrated to the alternative platform.
bound to happen.

As far as I know, Hayai was supposed to be launched on 01.01.2010It's been one year....PS: I am aware of various issues that delayed the launch.....BTW, When the Hayai is going to launch?? (I am asking again and again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back