Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,770
Status
Not open for further replies.
my cable guy has reduced the prices of broadband :) from next month i will be paying 300 less (Rs.1550 only) and still no fup with the same speeds (2@ day n 4@ night). Too bad the speeds were not upgraded.

According to me your budget should be the same and Speeds should be Upgraded.. Well Rates have comedown in many cities among many isp's.. many Cable waala's are offering 2mbps Ul at 950..

well i asked abt the speeds but he said that he might upgrade it by Oct. He did not upgrade speeds coz he does not implement fup, and there r too many heavy d/l like me on his network. He expects to give me then 4MBPS UL @ 1500. That was good news for me so i didn't bug him further.

well i asked abt the speeds but he said that he might upgrade it by Oct. He did not upgrade speeds coz he does not implement fup, and there r too many heavy d/l like me on his network. He expects to give me then 4MBPS UL @ 1500. That was good news for me so i didn't bug him further.

Wow.. 4Mbps UL @ 1500 .. thats amzing.. we're near hayai

who is ur cable op/which isp connection does he provide?

4 mbps for 1500 is too good...but u said there are no FUP. I have seen this in lot of threads that Cable operators dont quote any fup despite their ISP having one.

Ask him more abt the upgrade is it going to docsis 2.0 or 3.0

i currently use meghbela broadband and they provide cable connection. the cable guy has so far got his connections from airtel and tata and will get railtel in a few months, so maybe thats y he will give it @ so less. Will ask him abt the docsis when i go back home. Also i get the bb @ a lower price than normal rates as he is a local guy and have known him for more than 2 decades. Normal rate for the 4Mbps will probably be Rs 2250 or something similar. He wants to get rid of airtel line and keep tata and raltel (when he gets it) coz the airtel ppl wants too many their rules to be implied on his and he doesn't want that. Whenever we get together his nomal fustration is that "again the airtel ppl came and wanted me to put new restrictions on my plans". So he wants to get rid of airtel as soon as he negotiates and gets railtel bandwidth

i currently use meghbela broadband and they provide cable connection. the cable guy has so far got his connections from airtel and tata and will get railtel in a few months, so maybe thats y he will give it @ so less. Will ask him abt the docsis when i go back home.

2mb day & 4mb night is for 3800 Bucks in the website of meghbhela!

thats not the correct prices lol. i have told him abt that but he has not changed it. i dont know y? strangely most of the plans r diff than the ones on the website. some r by meghbela and also he has his own plans along with that which he cannot show on the site as its maintained by the main meghbela ppl.

Situation is : Dissapointed people waiting for high speed internet without downtimes and reliable rates. All you need is promoting the product with transparency..
Pm me when you're in hyderabad i'l meet u at international airport or if ur coming in Domestic flight il come at domestic airport..

It's probably just better to host a small meet and greet near whereever I choose to stay.

my cable guy has reduced the prices of broadband :) from next month i will be paying 300 less (Rs.1550 only) and still no fup with the same speeds (2@ day n 4@ night). Too bad the speeds were not upgraded.

Wow.. 4Mbps UL @ 1500 .. thats amzing.. we're near hayai

Cool. Guess we may have to end up scrapping the 5mbit/s plan and starting with 10mbit/s at that price then :D

who is ur cable op/which isp connection does he provide?

4 mbps for 1500 is too good...but u said there are no FUP. I have seen this in lot of threads that Cable operators dont quote any fup despite their ISP having one.

Ask him more abt the upgrade is it going to docsis 2.0 or 3.0

I think it depends how the cable op buys their bandwidth. Some buy their own leased line from the ISP for the purpose of redistributing it, others simply resell plans and take commissions.

As for DOCSIS, this depends on how the cable op delivers service. Some don't use that, they just have Ethernet cables going all over the place.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

i currently use meghbela broadband and they provide cable connection. the cable guy has so far got his connections from airtel and tata and will get railtel in a few months, so maybe thats y he will give it @ so less. Will ask him abt the docsis when i go back home. Also i get the bb @ a lower price than normal rates as he is a local guy and have known him for more than 2 decades. Normal rate for the 4Mbps will probably be Rs 2250 or something similar. He wants to get rid of airtel line and keep tata and raltel (when he gets it) coz the airtel ppl wants too many their rules to be implied on his and he doesn't want that. Whenever we get together his nomal fustration is that "again the airtel ppl came and wanted me to put new restrictions on my plans". So he wants to get rid of airtel as soon as he negotiates and gets railtel bandwidth

...But these rules are often good for maintaining a higher quality of service which is (historically) what Airtel has been about compared to other providers. I've been asked by some cablewalas if they could distribute Hayai but the minute I mention that they wouldn't be allowed to have different plans and they'd have to follow by our standards and they run away... so they can go get buggered if they want to try and dilute the quality of service I'm aiming for... because I just know that if I didn't do that, then they'd buy like a 100mbit/s leased line from us and cram 1000 people on to it who would have a crap experience and then complain about the quality of service of Hayai (and not the cablewala itself).

Mg busy answering queries on TE. Check out hayai.in - a potentially revolutionary new ISP .. All lame idiots and TE Forum sucks big time! etheral member and shitty signatures and avatar ... all together shit.. where grey matters..

Multiquote sucks on TE. If that thread were on IBF it would have taken me half the time to respond. Thanks Sushubh for running a forum that works properly :)

well 2250 is a bit on higher side:isorry:....if it gets to 1500 then that's fantastic.

You should ask him one thing more that what speeds and prices does he foresee one year down the line. Anything like 8Mbps for 999. :tongue:
This people have a lot of knowledge about the future:cool2::cool2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back