Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,772
Status
Not open for further replies.
But still the speeds are above 5mbps, What else do a user need at that price of Rs 750? I think you are personally promoting your product which is good on your part but i am saying the fact here!

I can only go by what people have been telling me when it comes to Fivenet. Last reports I had were in the vicinity of 3-4.

It is surely possible when less people opt 5-10mbps Plans. As i dont see market for these flat rate plans of Speeds 5-10 mbps( no Offense)

I guess we'll see what happens when the time comes... there's no point in having 25mbit/s plans at that price if we have to put some kind of FUP on there.

It's a best guess assuming all paperwork is 100% hunky dory.

That is good. I will have dual celebration. I mean launch of hayai and my b'day.

Great, now soon youre gonna start over delhi after mumbai launch and then yay high speed internet!!11 Hope you'll get so damn much popular and the 25mbit/s speed rates will come down to same as 5mbit/s plan by the time (good if this happen within this year :D), aaahhh finallyy...

That is good. I will have dual celebration. I mean launch of hayai and my b'day.

...if that's the case, I should launch on my Mrs'rsrsrsrses Birthday :D

Great, now soon youre gonna start over delhi after mumbai launch and then yay high speed internet!!11
Hope you'll get so damn much popular and the 25mbit/s speed rates will come down to same as 5mbit/s plan by the time (good if this happen within this year :D), aaahhh finallyy...

Yeah that's pretty much what I'd like to see happening. I think I've mentioned before, but I'd like to see the plans be something like:
25mbit/s - 1999
50mbit/s - 2499
100mbit/s - 2999
200mbit/s (triple play including IPTV, VOIP and an international phone number) - 3999

Oh, and did I mention, it may not matter too much at this stage, but our VOIP service with non-geographic phone numbers for calling between Hayai customers is 100% free, and can be used to call our tech support line, which will also be free and not 50p per 3 minutes? The only things that would cost on top of that would be ILD calling and/or an international phone number.

Interestingly, I was having a discussion about the charging for support and I was told that some providers are getting "harassment callers" which are basically guys just looking to call up and speak to a female! Are people really so lame?

Anyway, I'd like to try a voice-controlled IVR: firstly, we can detect the voice of the caller (male/female) and secondly, you don't have to sit in a menu waiting for the list of options (press 1 for... press 2 for...), and if the wait time is going to be too long, then you could confirm that you want a callback and the computers at our end would call you back when your time in the queue comes up. The NZ tax department has implemented such a system and I quite like it.

The only thing is that we'll probably have to program all 27-odd official languages in to the system :D

Well VOIP service will be of no use till our govt. clears voip termination to local Indian phones. I didn't understand the "non-geographic numbers" concept, what's the use of a no. from USA/others in India? Abt the "harassment callers" i doubt whether a such a person will really hav guts even to talk to a girl, i mean he is sought of 'girl contact starved' person....

i am sort of more concerned about the availability of iptv on hayai's platform. i am too used to airtel iptv and if i get the same functionality through hayai, it would be excellent. (optimism at display!)

Well VOIP service will be of no use till our govt. clears voip termination to local Indian phones. I didn't understand the "non-geographic numbers" concept, what's the use of a no. from USA/others in India?

There are two sides to VOIP - obviously it can be used for calling to India as well (but not receiving) but the rates would not be competitive since you can call India-wide for under Rs1/minute these days. But it could be useful for International calling, and we're planning something like Skype and others have which would be packages of 2, 3, 5, 10 something hours worth of calling to some 40-odd countries included...

As for having numbers from the US/UK/etc it would be useful for the kinds of people who have family in those places, although slightly redundant even then, I'll admit, due to stuff like Skype video working properly :D

Non-geographic numbers would just be numbers that work inside the network but are not compatible with the e.164 standard.

Abt the "harassment callers" i doubt whether a such a person will really hav guts even to talk to a girl, i mean he is sought of 'girl contact starved' person....

I don't know - this is just something I had been told. Whether it's true or not I don't know.

i am sort of more concerned about the availability of iptv on hayai's platform. i am too used to airtel iptv and if i get the same functionality through hayai, it would be excellent. (optimism at display!)

We're planning HD by default (where the original broadcast is in HD, of course), and for you to pick and choose channels a-la-carte, rather than having a package of 150 or 300 or 500 channels and only watching 10 of them.

HD on IPTV. Seriously. If you are not real, I would personally travel to New Zealand (or whatever country you are going to flee to :D ) and kick your arse.

HD on IPTV. Seriously. If you are not real, I would personally travel to New Zealand (or whatever country you are going to flee to :D ) and kick your arse.

You and about 700 million others!! I may just have to flee to somewhere remote in that case... Antarctica. Svalbard. Christmas Island. Falkland Islands. I'd have to go Robinson Crusoe, as my choices would be severely limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back