Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,772
Status
Not open for further replies.
my curses would ensure that you would not find your Man Friday on that remote island.

@Mg - I have recommended Dubai to you before for reasons well known here. And you can exclude me from the count - At the end of it all, if it turns out to be fake - I would just grin & say "nice prank" & move on

my curses would ensure that you would not find your Man Friday on that remote island.

...but I suppose if I chose somewhere like Svalbard, they do have awesome internet connectivity up there. They literally have over 1Gbit/s dedicated bandwidth per resident available!

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

@Mg - I have recommended Dubai to you before for reasons well known here.

There are too many problems with Dubai. Also, Hayai will never start in the UAE unless the government opens up that market to other [non-governmental] players.

And you can exclude me from the count - At the end of it all, if it turns out to be fake - I would just grin & say "nice prank" & move on

I disagree - it wouldn't be a very nice prank. I genuinely think it would piss a lot of people off!

Ha Ha - I think you have forgotten, I was referring to the personal invitation you have already received from a well-known bro turned foe of yours...And yeah, I am only talking for myself in the count...

Ha Ha - I think you have forgotten, I was referring to the personal invitation you have already received from a well-known bro turned foe of yours...

And yeah, I am only talking for myself in the count...

I can go to Dubai of my own accord if I so desire, but for the time being I'd prefer simply to leave it as a weekend shopping destination rather than a place to live. The internet connectivity there is far from decent - if anything, I'd move back to France or try out Portugal :)

You and about 700 million others!! I may just have to flee to somewhere remote in that case... Antarctica. Svalbard. Christmas Island. Falkland Islands. I'd have to go Robinson Crusoe, as my choices would be severely limited.

:rofl: :D

A bit off-topic but 1 thing surprised me is on following the forum in the last few days, I noticed that most cities have one of the lesser-known broadband companies providing low-cost, high-speed plans (atleast on paper, not talking abt performance) but Chennai (and maybe some other cities) doesnt seem to have any of those. I can think ofHyderabad - BeamKolkata - AllianceMumbai - NivyahBangalore - RailwireBut cannot think of such in Chennai - Unless you can argue HATHWAY & "YOU BROADBAND" fall under the same category

A bit off-topic but 1 thing surprised me is on following the forum in the last few days, I noticed that most cities have one of the lesser-known broadband companies providing low-cost, high-speed plans (atleast on paper, not talking abt performance) but Chennai (and maybe some other cities) doesnt seem to have any of those. I can think of

Hyderabad - Beam
Kolkata - Alliance
Mumbai - Nivyah
Bangalore - Railwire

But cannot think of such in Chennai - Unless you can argue HATHWAY & "YOU BROADBAND" fall under the same category

I'm pretty sure someone told me that Hathway had been killed off in Chennai for some reason. Also, I did not notice any advertisements for YOU. Granted, I didn't see *that much* of the city so there's plenty I could have missed.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Also, I suspect that Nivyah is a whole lot less popular than Fivenet.

Well both Hathway & YOU exist I believe, albeit in small numbers - they advertise via pamphlets/banners here & there - pretty low key & limited areas. Maybe Hathway have been killed in some areas - but some places they do exist. Unless you are referring to the cable TV services, which have been pretty much killed, you can say. YOU (formerly Iqara) was there a few months ago, atleast,as a known person mailed me from his Iqara mailid

...if that's the case, I should launch on my Mrs'rsrsrsrses Birthday :D

Sure, That will be good gift for your wife from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back