Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are beginning to sound like Rakhee from Karan-Arjun .. "Mere karan arjun ayenge aur badla lenge" .. when talking about Hayai :P

agakr Karan aur Arjun mai sai koi ek bhi ajayai kaam chal jayega :)

refer: https://broadband.forum/you-telecom/51605-you-telecom-newly-lauched-plans/6/#post537770

Actually this isn't really accurate except for the 24-months to serve all of Mumbai part. That's 650 sqkm of coverage - no small feat, I can assure you. In fact, the same is probably true for each of the major metros. But that doesn't mean we'll not be rolling out infrastructure in different areas and cities simultaneously.

Mumbai/Pune:
Late September: start taking applications in areas we can service immediately.
Late October: launch with foundation customers.
November 2011-November 2013 and beyond: expand to areas as dictated by subscriber demand from subscriptions on our website (on average it will take approximately 2 weeks to provide the first customers in a new area once we have decided to enter it)

NCR:
December: launch with first NCR customers.
January/February: Graduated roll-out to Faridabad, Gurgaon, Noida
March 2012 and beyond: expand to other areas as possible.

Why we can't won't give dates for cities like Chennai, Hyderabad etc right now is because we are concentrating completely and only on the launch, and we want to ensure that it is as problem-free as possible.

Once we have launched we can announce plans for the next few cities - probably at least 1 city per month over 12 months will receive significant efforts to provide coverage in as large an area as possible, but in addition to that, the order of cities in which we will launch will depend a little bit on subscriber demand in the same way that demand dictates our entry in to certain suburbs in Mumbai, and as such, the order is dynamic until we confirm our entry plans.

This doesn't of course take in to account some smaller cities which are on the way between two major metros - if there is demand and little competition, we may send a small team to roll out resources in those places also, and we're working with an electricity infrastructure company to do just that (that is, implement ubiquitous coverage) in 4 states so far.

may I ask you, if you have counted MAYUR VIHAR PHASE-II ?? delhi (110091) as one of early location ?please do not crush my hopes :(

This doesn't of course take in to account some smaller cities which are on the way between two major metros - if there is demand and little competition, we may send a small team to roll out resources in those places also, and we're working with an electricity infrastructure company to do just that (that is, implement ubiquitous coverage) in 4 states so far.

This off course applies to Bangalore as BSNL only shit player in all areas with worst service. Airtel too costly n not covered all areas. So he no healthy competition. In jaynagar only u have You BB there. And hathway broadband in only developing area(new layouts)only

may I ask you, if you have counted MAYUR VIHAR PHASE-II ?? delhi (110091) as one of early location ?
please do not crush my hopes :(

https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/56683-hayai-broadband-faqs/148/#post535274

This off course applies to Bangalore as BSNL only shit player in all areas with worst service. Airtel too costly n not covered all areas. So he no healthy competition. In jaynagar only u have You BB there. And hathway broadband in only developing area(new layouts)only

Yes, but Bangalore is a major metro and as such can be counted as 1. not a smaller city and 2. not really on the way from a major metro to another. It would be counted in with Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and the other megalopolises :D

carley, what happen about finalization of Deal? buying a small network in Hyderabad? can we expect a finalized deal by this year ending?

carley, what happen about finalization of Deal? buying a small network in Hyderabad? can we expect a finalized deal by this year ending?

Probably not. Turns out that the guy was, shall we say, less than honest about a few things. Who'd have thought? :P

But, his situation will become favourable for us shortly for reasons I probably can't go in to at the moment, so it's not out of the question, it's just out of the question right now, and as such we'll build in Hyderabad the same as everywhere else.

Probably not. Turns out that the guy was, shall we say, less than honest about a few things. Who'd have thought? :P

But, his situation will become favourable for us shortly for reasons I probably can't go in to at the moment, so it's not out of the question, it's just out of the question right now, and as such we'll build in Hyderabad the same as everywhere else.

AWWWW!! Back To Sleep.. What are other fiber isp's Like Velocity networks doing.. They concentrate on townships i guess..

mgcarley said:
https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/56683-hayai-broadband-faqs/148/#post535274

mgcarley said:
Let it be known that I've discussed with people about bringing Hayai to towns with populations of only 20,000 or so, so as you can see, if there is a place within these borders that has a serviceable population - I don't care if it's got 20k, 20 lakh or 2 crore people living there - mark my words, we want to be there. Maybe not immediately, but certainly as quickly as feasible. To break even from memory we only need about 250 subscribers in an area/town/city (of course, this could vary quite significantly depending on it's geographical size and the cost of RoW and getting the bandwidth to that place, but the basic break even point on equipment etc is roughly 250).

We will probably never be as ubiquitous as BSNL, or have 10 crore customers like each of the cellular networks do, but damnit if we're not going to try and improve the overall state of the nation's Internet and I am VERY aware of the plight of Delhi/NCR. And Chennai. And Kolkata. And Bangalore. And so on. And so forth.

sorry man but this doesnt answer my question :(
can you be specific and straight ?
what i want to know (read hear) is that, if mayur vihar phase-2 is one of early launch locations in Delhi

AWWWW!! Back To Sleep.. What are other fiber isp's Like Velocity networks doing.. They concentrate on townships i guess..

Which Velocity Networks are you talking about? I know of two (one in NZ and one in India), and both are deploying very similar (open FTTx networks).

If I assume the one in India, I think they are concentrating on greenfield deployments (that is, newly built areas).

sorry man but this doesnt answer my question :(
can you be specific and straight ?
what i want to know (read hear) is that, if mayur vihar phase-2 is one of early launch locations in Delhi

Aha. To be more specific, the best answer I can give for anywhere in NCR at the moment is... don't ask about NCR, it's (currently) a mess and we don't know enough yet.

BUT we are working on it (in between getting ready for the launch in Mumbai & Pune) because that entire region is of significant importance to us (lots of demand). I'll know more about NCR after Ripunjay & I visit Delhi, which will most likely be sometime next week, but right now you'll have to forgive me but the launch itself is the #1 priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back