Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
no problem MgC, i know the launch is no.1 priority (and blv me, not only for you)I just wanted to draw your attention to my locality :)

no problem MgC, i know the launch is no.1 priority (and blv me, not only for you)
I just wanted to draw your attention to my locality :)

Heh, be careful with that... my ADD might get me all distracted :D

Aha. To be more specific, the best answer I can give for anywhere in NCR at the moment is... don't ask about NCR, it's (currently) a mess and we don't know enough yet.

BUT we are working on it (in between getting ready for the launch in Mumbai & Pune) because that entire region is of significant importance to us (lots of demand). I'll know more about NCR after Ripunjay & I visit Delhi, which will most likely be sometime next week, but right now you'll have to forgive me but the launch itself is the #1 priority.

We know it's a mess, Just hoping that we see you soon ...

and we are sure once your first launch is done you will come to NCR sooner or later...

We are so fed up with Airtel's crappy plan and Support + MTNL's crappy network that we are desperate for Hayai...

We know it's a mess, Just hoping that we see you soon ...

and we are sure once your first launch is done you will come to NCR sooner or later...

We are so fed up with Airtel's crappy plan and Support + MTNL's crappy network that we are desperate for Hayai...

We'll be in NCR sooner, rather than later, I can assure you that much at least.

NZ is being overprotective of the copyright law suddenly. Now that they have skynet law in effect.how will hayai nz (yet to launched) will go on implementing it? And since you being first crossover between copywrong pro country and what's copyright country. Will you adapt same set of rules over here thus when those gangsta come to India they will have everything ready to devour. Or may be those people will enforce the same through hayai.in (yet not materialised) will it comply?

NZ is being overprotective of the copyright law suddenly. Now that they have skynet law in effect.how will hayai nz (yet to launched) will go on implementing it?

Hayai NZ has already had a soft launch and is providing a limited number of customers on Hayai Lite. The P2P caches remain in effect as the larger ISPs have them, so why shouldn't we?

Also, I think the politicians in NZ have been brought on several occasions, recently with regards to the national broadband contract (Telecom NZ was disqualified then magically it won over most of the country) and this new copyright law being snuck through buried in the same paperwork surrounding the Christchurch earthquake... supposedly as a security measure about the same.

This bill had previously been rejected on numerous occasions but this time somehow managed to get through. Now I'm sure you'll agree that this is just dirty!

And since you being first crossover between copywrong pro country and what's copyright country. Will you adapt same set of rules over here thus when those gangsta come to India they will have everything ready to devour. Or may be those people will enforce the same through hayai.in (yet not materialised) will it comply?

Despite sharing a name and a common founder, the companies are completely separate and will abide by the laws of the land. They can't get through Hayai NZ to reach Hayai India or vice versa - International law won't allow it, and neither will the local laws/regulations in either country (NZ Privacy Act 1993 and DoT license agreement clauses 32.2 & 34.28(iii))

Hayai NZ has already had a soft launch and is providing a limited number of customers on Hayai Lite. The P2P caches remain in effect as the larger ISPs have them, so why shouldn't we?

Also, I think the politicians in NZ have been brought on several occasions, recently with regards to the national broadband contract (Telecom NZ was disqualified then magically it won over most of the country) and this new copyright law being snuck through buried in the same paperwork surrounding the Christchurch earthquake... supposedly as a security measure about the same.

This bill had previously been rejected on numerous occasions but this time somehow managed to get through. Now I'm sure you'll agree that this is just dirty!

Bastards much?? Oh I meant POLITICIANS MUCH??? arent they......

Despite sharing a name and a common founder, the companies are completely separate and will abide by the laws of the land. They can't get through Hayai NZ to reach Hayai India or vice versa - International law won't allow it, and neither will the local laws/regulations in either country (NZ Privacy Act 1993 and DoT license agreement clauses 32.2 & 34.28(iii))
Its quite fascinating that you have commendable grasp on the sections for privacy regulation in both these countries, Hats off to you I say. (\not sarcasm)
however I would like to little bit nosy here and ask that would there be a clause in contract regarding this, such as but not SIC " We are lawfully abided by and we wont/dont/never will " send out the information of personal nature related to you but residing with us to the other parts of company which are out of India". WE will be obliged. Now if you will kindly excuse my absence, I need to go and adjust my monocle. :) and thanks for the quick reply...

Bastards much?? Oh I meant POLITICIANS MUCH??? arent they......

Except NZ is supposed to be one of the LEAST corrupt countries in the world. Not for long, by the sounds of it.

Its quite fascinating that you have commendable grasp on the sections for privacy regulation in both these countries, Hats off to you I say. (\not sarcasm)

I have to know all this so that I can answer everyone's questions as accurately as possible. You probably wouldn't be surprised if I told you that in some cases I have to do a little bit of research when I'm typing out these replies :)

however I would like to little bit nosy here and ask that would there be a clause in contract regarding this, such as but not SIC " We are lawfully abided by and we wont/dont/never will " send out the information of personal nature related to you but residing with us to the other parts of company which are out of India". WE will be obliged. Now if you will kindly excuse my absence, I need to go and adjust my monocle. :) and thanks for the quick reply...

There already is: https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/71882-hayai-broadband-subscriber-terms-and/

Clause 3 and 23 are probably of interest to you (please note that this is still a draft, although, save a few spelling & grammatical errors, about 85% of it was directly copied from another Indian ISP's subscriber contract).

3 says that we will abide by the DoT license, 23 says that you indemnify us against any wrongdoing committed by you. However the two sort of run hand-in-hand: if, in the likely event that one of those US law-firms asks for a particular subscriber's details, we cannot legally furnish them. OTOH, if an Indian company gets an Indian court order then we would be required to comply with it.

Exert ( T& C HAYAI (INDIAN OPERATION) ) SIC-->
23."The subscriber agrees to indemnify Hayai for any defamation, infringement of any law, rules or regulation in force from time to time and for any other defamation, infringement against Hayai or it's representatives."

Modification suggested -->
23.The subscriber agrees to indemnify Hayai for any defamation, infringement of any law, rules or regulation in force from time to time and for any other defamation, infringement against Hayai or it's representatives. as per DOT India rules.

besides now that you have the T & C do you like policy document as of Yet ??? I do Hope you have a policy,vision mission and goals etc... and its public for us to read...

btw symbian sleek? Pics or it didnt happen.... :)

Exert ( T& C HAYAI (INDIAN OPERATION) ) SIC-->
23."The subscriber agrees to indemnify Hayai for any defamation, infringement of any law, rules or regulation in force from time to time and for any other defamation, infringement against Hayai or it's representatives."

Modification suggested -->
23.The subscriber agrees to indemnify Hayai for any defamation, infringement of any law, rules or regulation in force from time to time and for any other defamation, infringement against Hayai or it's representatives. as per DOT India rules.

Ahh, but it's not a DoT issue, it's an Indian criminal code issue. Basically the clause says "don't break the law and then blame us if you get caught because we made it possible".

besides now that you have the T & C do you like policy document as of Yet ??? I do Hope you have a policy,vision mission and goals etc... and its public for us to read...

Which policies in particular? Our visions and missions are plastered all over our business plans, but the only people seeing that at the moment are investors. TBH I find having all that kind of "about us" and "our mission" stuff on the website is... err... cheesy. Perhaps out slogan should give you a clue as to what we're all about :)

----------

Good news! Ripunjay and I will spend some time in Delhi next week planning our rollout there in more detail.

I can also confirm that we should have no issues rolling out almost anywhere in Maharashtra and Rajasthan. Any of the major metros, including the one I have not yet visited (Kolkata) should be (relatively speaking) easy enough for us to enter.

Bad news: Despite this, we do not have an exact timeline just yet and naturally there is one exception: CHENNAI. Why Chennai? To be honest, we didn't go in to detail on why not Chennai, so I'm not 100% sure, but it may be due to the fact that none of us (collectively) know anyone in Chennai who can assist us in moving forward - yet.

Rollouts are of course subject to my success in getting the company adequate funding over the next few days/weeks/months/years to do all this building in each city. To oversimplify the situation, we have access to people, we just have to get cheques, and I will be in Pune tomorrow doing just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back