Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/hayai_in/status/112113799548518400

Does this mean I can watch double rainbows all the way in 1080p without waiting for it to buffer thanks to Hayai Zone? If yes.. What happened to the Steam thing? I am downloading Hard Reset demo right now and bashing my head with a wall, I can make the airtel logo with the blood -.-

Edit: You should probably just reply with the status of all these services (pending/confirmed/ain't happening bro) running in Hayai Zone, would be great to clear confusion.. or maybe you have done that somewhere I am not aware of.

Youtube: Yes confirmed.

Steam: Pending: Will be there, but not immediately (so it will count towards data initially and we will add it to HZ as soon as possible). I should point out also that even when Steam is implemented in HZ, it's up to you to ensure that the IP address is included in your steam server selection to ensure maximum speed and that it doesn't count towards your quota. Also, keep in mind that some content may not be available on our server: this will be out of our control (essentially the process is that we buy and set up a server, then give an admin account over to the guys at Valve to put whatever they need to on the server).

Youtube: Yes confirmed.

Steam: Pending: Will be there, but not immediately (so it will count towards data initially and we will add it to HZ as soon as possible). I should point out also that even when Steam is implemented in HZ, it's up to you to ensure that the IP address is included in your steam server selection to ensure maximum speed and that it doesn't count towards your quota. Also, keep in mind that some content may not be available on our server: this will be out of our control (essentially the process is that we buy and set up a server, then give an admin account over to the guys at Valve to put whatever they need to on the server).

Youtube: WOHO!

Steam: Welllll that breaks my dreams a little bit but if the people at Valve are not lazy (which I think they are seeing their track records with release dates... they just call the delays "Valve Time" to make it fancy) it should be good.

What about other things? Origin? Twitter/Facebook/G+(when its open for all)? Windows Updates? iTunes maybe?

I think I may just get the 1 Gbps plan then because all I spend my "10 GB of data" is on YouTube, and if that's not being counted at all then all that remains is steam and other.. "stuff".. stuff that would probably be available via the community of heavy downloaders in Hayai Zone anyway...

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologise if answered already.Will you be launching in delhi this Diwali?If yes, what will the unlimited plan cost? Reasonable FUP, I hope...I currently pay 1299+ taxes for 1 Mbps "unlimited"

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologise if answered already.

Will you be launching in delhi this Diwali?

If yes, what will the unlimited plan cost? Reasonable FUP, I hope...

I currently pay 1299+ taxes for 1 Mbps "unlimited"

Err you should really read the FAQ's and stuff.. this isn't yet-another-airtel/reliance/mtnl. It won't be launching this Diwali in Delhi, that's going to take time because (I am quoting here) "NCR is a mess".

There is no unlimited plan, the FUP is something that isn't like what you are expecting it to be. It's basically a soft-FUP, it isn't strict. The lowest plan for Hayai (not Hayai Lite, that's wireless) is Rs. 1999 for 20 Mbps with 200 GB. The thing is, that 200 GB isn't strict so even if you cross the 200 GB nothing is going to happen - same speed, same cost for your bill, same experience. But if you download something like 700 GB for 2 months in a streak you are going to get a call and will be asked to change your plan or change your ISP, or just reduce your usage.

Sorry if I have had something wrong, not a pro at this :P

2000+taxes(?) is a little pricey for a residential connection. I'll be okay with 1500 including taxes for 2 MBPS, 125-150 GB FUP

2000+taxes(?) is a little pricey for a residential connection.

I'll be okay with 1500 including taxes for 2 MBPS, 125-150 GB FUP

Rs. 1999 INCLUDES taxes, nothing more nothing less. Also just FYI this is FTTH, not your regular DSL, the line alone has a Rs. 550 maintenance charge, but its worth every penny just because of the epic latency you should expect from it.

I guess the discussion is mute since they are not launching in delhi anytime soon. 20 Mbps sounds sweet but still 2000 is a bit much for normal users. JMO...

I guess the discussion is mute since they are not launching in delhi anytime soon.

20 Mbps sounds sweet but still 2000 is a bit much for normal users. JMO...

I really don't understand your logic, you are paying 1300 + taxes (so that's I assume around 1400) for 1 MBPS "fake" unlimited, you want 2 MBPS in 1500 + taxes (that would be 1600..) but you are getting 20 MBPS for 2000 including taxes with 200 GB non-strict FUP so if for some reason in July you feel the need to download 40 blu ray movies you can easily do it without thinking about your FUP and then just stay below 200 GB next month, and that's just 400 more than your 1600 thing. Pretty strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back