Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the discussion is mute since they are not launching in delhi anytime soon.

20 Mbps sounds sweet but still 2000 is a bit much for normal users. JMO...

define normal ?

IMHO normal is a person who dont have to leave his/her computer running for 24 hours whn downloading a HD movie or game or whtever
well, perhaps the prices are high for some of BSNL loving uncles, but its more thn reasonable whn we talk abt service (ofcourse, we can only guess right now) and connectivity and SPEEEEED
not to mention, MgC is offering FUPs which other ISPs are failed to provide :)

The 400-500 Rupees advantage on your normal cheapo 1mbps connections is easily lost when you keep your computer on for 30/31 days.This fact itself justifies the price of Hayai's entry level plan. But one thing is for sure, if the price is increased further then we would feel a pinch.

The 'cheapo' plan you are referring to is out of reach for most average Indians in metro cities. I'm not talking about tier-2 cities here. 1500 rupees per month is not cheap for middle class people in indian metros.I honestly can live with 2 Mbps speeds. At that speed YouTube videos load well enough. Enough for me.

I honestly can live with 2 Mbps speeds. At that speed YouTube videos load well enough. Enough for me.

Hayai isn't for you then.

he has been pretty clear since day one that he does not want to compete at the lower end of the market. at least not in the unlimited segment. i guess there is still the option of paying 500 rupee rental and then 10 bucks per GB.

I really don't understand your logic, you are paying 1300 + taxes (so that's I assume around 1400) for 1 MBPS "fake" unlimited, you want 2 MBPS in 1500 + taxes (that would be 1600..) but you are getting 20 MBPS for 2000 including taxes with 200 GB non-strict FUP so if for some reason in July you feel the need to download 40 blu ray movies you can easily do it without thinking about your FUP and then just stay below 200 GB next month, and that's just 400 more than your 1600 thing. Pretty strange.

To put things in perspective, At 1299+taxes, I get free calls, IPTV also. If I just want 1 Mbps broadband, I can get MTNL 999 plan which is half of 2000 that you are comparing....

he has been pretty clear since day one that he does not want to compete at the lower end of the market. at least not in the unlimited segment.

i guess there is still the option of paying 500 rupee rental and then 10 bucks per GB.

I'm sorry but 1500 per month is not lower end of market.

Hayai isn't for you then.

I guess it isn't.

If IPTV & free calls are included in 2000 plan, it makes sense for me. Otherwise NOT.

for him it is. he is targeting people who know what they need and they are ready for pay for it. there is no business model in replicating what already exists in the market. why offer similar plans to what others are already offering? i am doing fine on the airtel plan i have. but if i look at my own usage, i would probably be paying hayai the same amount of money for the same amount of data i download at much much higher speeds... that is why i am waiting for it to arrive in my area. not because i want it to offer me same speeds at same prices.airtel is charging me 2000 rupees plus taxes for 150GB (FUP Limit). hayai is ok with 500 rental and then 10 bucks per GB at whatever the network can handle (approx). so basically, 150x10=1500... this turns out to be a much more value for money deal to me. :) just look at the bigger picture. you are just asking hayai to offer you something similar to what airtel is already offering you. what is the point of doing that?

I can get MTNL 999 plan which is half of 2000 that you are comparing....

But I am comparing that 999 1 Mbps "fake" unlimited plan with a 1999 20 Mbps "practically" unlimited plan, sure you don't get IPTV but you get great latency (you know what I am saying if you are a gamer) and (depending on your line) 1 Gbps speeds to Hayai Zone. Hayai isn't for people who are satisfied with 320p videos or 800 MB rip's of movies or who have patience of waiting 14 days to download 14 GB (what I am unfortunately doing right now) it's for people who want to watch everything in 1080p (now confirmed to be not counted in your monthly usage yay!) on youtube and download 25 GB blu ray movies without waiting 12 years for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back