Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get MTNL 999 plan which is half of 2000 that you are comparing....

rofl now thats really funny
maybe, maybe, you can get gud old dial-up connection for even cheaper :) ?

why cant people understand, Hayai is not here for 2 mbps unlimited (not tht thr is one), it is targetting the people like me, who wanna play game @ lowest latency possible and who dont have enough time for waiting 10+ hours to watch a downloadable movie
and who cares for Eco system, do you know you are causing the global warming by leaving your system on 24/7 XD :P

which reminds me, we are close to 2012
I hope Hayai wll come to my area before the end of the world ;)
are you reading this MgC :)

Now if someone could answer my question that I asked 3 pages ago.. :P

Twitter: Maybe (if we get an Amazon cache)
Facebook: Maybe - either we can get direct access to someone's existing FB cache or we get get our own.
G+(when its open for all): Yes.
Windows Updates: Yes.
iTunes maybe: Comes with Akamai, so yes, although iTunes doesn't have an India store yet so this would only apply to those with access to a foreign card & billing address.

transparent proxies should be able to cache popular downloads that are requested frequently by the users of an ISP.

hayai can probably have something similar in the middle. cache the popular downloads of the day/week and make them available from local cache.

Transparent caching does exactly that: caches stuff with no interaction from our side. All we have to do is give it enough disk space and most of the popular websites should be pretty snappy for all.

local ISPs have been doing it for a long time now.

Though not very effectively.

rofl now thats really funny
maybe, maybe, you can get gud old dial-up connection for even cheaper :) ?

why cant people understand, Hayai is not here for 2 mbps unlimited (not tht thr is one), it is targetting the people like me, who wanna play game @ lowest latency possible and who dont have enough time for waiting 10+ hours to watch a downloadable movie
and who cares for Eco system, do you know you are causing the global warming by leaving your system on 24/7 XD :P

which reminds me, we are close to 2012
I hope Hayai wll come to my area before the end of the world ;)
are you reading this MgC :)

Thank you sach92 :P

If I had any belief that 2012 was going to be "the end of the world", I would have given up even pursuing this idea a long time ago.

MGC, are you really going to cache youtube? Something like 48 hours of content gets uploaded to youtube every hour!!! How are you going to cache it all? Unless I have misunderstood something really bad.

you do not cache youtube in its entirety. you cache the popular content that is being accessed by web users at any given time. that is how caching generally works. :) it would probably cache videos that are accessed by multiple users in a short period of time. and this caching would probably be dynamic in nature. as new videos are cached, older videos would probably be removed to make space. no one would be sane enough to cache the entirety of youtube. :D

ammm... whts with sach92 ??

He used to go on & on about a few topics, including but not limited to 2012 and Internet in the UAE, specifically the provider "Du" (which, judging by a current peer's speed in uTorrent, sucks).

MGC, are you really going to cache youtube? Something like 48 hours of content gets uploaded to youtube every hour!!! How are you going to cache it all? Unless I have misunderstood something really bad.

As answered by Sushubh.
no one would be sane enough to cache the entirety of youtube. :D

You mean *insane* enough.

We would need Exabytes to cache Youtube in it's entirety, so I doubt we'll be doing that any time soon - just a few TB to keep things snappy is sufficient. However, in the case of Google products, *we* are not caching them - this would be taken care of by Google India, not us. We'd just be connected to them and telling our routers not to account for the traffic.

As of now I have a 2ms ping to youtube.com (yes, I'm at home): https://imgur.com/Ok0eW

[*]My gateway
[*]My gateway's gateway
[*]Distribution Router
[*]Core Router
[*]Google's Network
[*]..
[*]..
[*]Youtube.com as my DNS tells me. If I were using openDNS or GoogleDNS, my trace becomes different.
[/list]

ermm. how are you connected to the internets right now? i assume you are in mumbai right now?and are you saying here that youtube access would be completely free on hayai broadband? :P

........... We would need Exabytes to cache Youtube in it's entirety, so I doubt we'll be doing that any time soon - just a few TB to keep things snappy is sufficient. However, in the case of Google products, *we* are not caching them - this would be taken care of by Google India, not us. We'd just be connected to them and telling our routers not to account for the traffic.

As of now I have a 2ms ping to youtube.com (yes, I'm at home): imgur: the simple image sharer

Thought so. Its interesting what you have mentioned about telling your routers not to account for Google traffic. So does it mean that even if I watch a youtube video which is not cached by Hayai or Google India, data usage for it will not be counted?

And one more thing I wanted to ask you is about the Rs. 10 per gb plan. Will data consumed by uploads be counted in this plan? If I download say 50gb and upload say 25gb, will I be charged for 75gb or 50gb?

Wov such a super ping rate. Not ISP in India having such a low ping. :O MG u have started testing ur connection already lol. If u dont mind can u tell me ping for int12.darkorbit.com

Very curious

----------

Thought so. Its interesting what you have mentioned about telling your routers not to account for Google traffic. So does it mean that even if I watch a youtube video which is not cached by Hayai or Google India, data usage for it will not be counted?

And one more thing I wanted to ask you is about the Rs. 10 per gb plan. Will data consumed by uploads be counted in this plan? If I download say 50gb and upload say 25gb, will I be charged for 75gb or 50gb?

I think if the video is present in hayai youtube cache it will count for hayai zone. Let me tell u 1 thing, if u purchase 45 GB of data u get 45GB download + 45 GB upload and may be about 30 GB of hayai zone data. Sorry if i am wrong rectify me MG

He used to go on & on about a few topics, including but not limited to 2012 and Internet in the UAE, specifically the provider "Du" (which, judging by a current peer's speed in uTorrent, sucks).

lol m nothing like tht, it was a joke, I dont blv in 2012 apocalypse :P... and i dont give a damn about internet in UAE or anywhr else in world, I just want a gud connection here in India

also, can you show us the ping results we are likely to get from Hayai to some European servers, it will be very nice of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back