Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently pissed off Airtel (IPTV+broadband) customer here. Was browsing these forums just to rant about airtel but saw a few people mentioning they are waiting for hayai and decided to check out wth is this thing. And HOLY CRAP, Hayai sounds like a dream come true. Unfortunately, dreams rarely come true for most people so I'm really skeptical about hayai being able to provide everything they are promising for the price they are suggesting. In a country where someone living in the national capital is still wondering how to get a true unlimited 1mbps connection without needing to deal with mtnl's shitty customer service, can you blame me of being skeptical when someone promises 1000mbps connection (especially with all the perks you are offering) ?

No offense to hayai btw. Just that if something sounds too good to be true, more often than not, its not. Given the fact that you guys are way behind schedule isnt helping either. All that said, I'm willing to sacrifice an arm and a leg for such a service. Just make it happen guys. I wont be holding my breath for it but be rest assured that I'll be the first in line the day your service rolls out in Delhi. Though I doubt that day will be here before atleast a couple years (possibly even more) :(

Hayai lighting fires under the arses of Indian telecoms from this Diwali in Mumbai (stolen from MG's blog :P) so.. If it does it there, all the doubt's should be buried in the nether (too much Minecraft..)

heh. you are new here. i remember the first post from mgcarley around 2.5 years ago. it has been long frustrating wait for most of us. your wait has just begun. ;)
I'm just glad I never knew about hayai until today. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong and wont need to wait for years like you guys :o

ur results seems promising enough considering the distance

http://www.pingtest.net

----------

btw why its Honesty net solutiuon ?
haven't u got ur DNS yet ?

My public IPv4 address is on their AS number.

Hoping to see better pings with hayai.. Beam just got improved in terms of latency!

You should be getting less ping than me.. you are in Mumbai and i am in Hyderabad infact my traffic goes from mumbai.

Time of day also helps a little. For example, at this time of the morning I get 155ms to Lyon with 0ms jitter. At 3am I might get about 130ms. I'll try to remember to check at 3am tomorrow morning (and I'll probably turn off uTorrent as well) and post the results.

Recently pissed off Airtel (IPTV+broadband) customer here. Was browsing these forums just to rant about airtel but saw a few people mentioning they are waiting for hayai and decided to check out wth is this thing. And HOLY CRAP, Hayai sounds like a dream come true. Unfortunately, dreams rarely come true for most people so I'm really skeptical about hayai being able to provide everything they are promising for the price they are suggesting. In a country where someone living in the national capital is still wondering how to get a true unlimited 1mbps connection without needing to deal with mtnl's shitty customer service, can you blame me of being skeptical when someone promises 1000mbps connection (especially with all the perks you are offering) ?

1000mbit/s is possible elsewhere in the world. Using the same equipment and models, it should also be possible here in India.

No offense to hayai btw. Just that if something sounds too good to be true, more often than not, its not. Given the fact that you guys are way behind schedule isnt helping either.

For our 2010 thing, yeah, that was way too ambitious. But after a lot more planning, heartache, banging of heads and whatnot, we're pretty much ready to go now.

All that said, I'm willing to sacrifice an arm and a leg for such a service. Just make it happen guys. I wont be holding my breath for it but be rest assured that I'll be the first in line the day your service rolls out in Delhi. Though I doubt that day will be here before atleast a couple years (possibly even more) :(

We're aiming for early 2012 for Delhi.

Time of day also helps a little. For example, at this time of the morning I get 155ms to Lyon with 0ms jitter. At 3am I might get about 130ms. I'll try to remember to check at 3am tomorrow morning (and I'll probably turn off uTorrent as well) and post the results.

Okay I'll Try tomorrow morning ..

1000mbit/s is possible elsewhere in the world. Using the same equipment and models, it should also be possible here in India.
The world has been enjoying 20+ mbps for almost a decade now and yet finding a good 1 mbps plan (which isnt capped to the point of being useless) in my area is not possible. And this is the condition in the National Capital of India. Please dont take offense when I say your service sounds like a dream. If anything, its a compliment to hayai that what you guys are offerring is something I'd consider my happiest dream ever!! (except for the one where I get to meet katrina kaif ie :P).

For our 2010 thing, yeah, that was way too ambitious. But after a lot more planning, heartache, banging of heads and whatnot, we're pretty much ready to go now.

We're aiming for early 2012 for Delhi.
Just make sure you get it atleast a few months before the world ends in 2012 :D

The world has been enjoying 20+ mbps for almost a decade now and yet finding a good 1 mbps plan (which isnt capped to the point of being useless) in my area is not possible.

Not quite a decade. It was about this time in 2001 when Yahoo BB was releasing 8mbit/s broadband in Japan and roughly the same time that NTT DoCoMo brought out the first 3G network in the world. I was there for both of those events (and the Windows and Office XP launches too), and at that time, all of these things were super-advanced.

But I agree that the state of Broadband in this country could... err... do with some work.

I think much of it is due not only to all the babus/accountants being like 55-60 years old, but also due to faulty thinking and the nickle & diming of customers (how else can I explain ISPs charging per megabyte and mobile providers per 10KB?) and in some respects while this is demanded by customers who want to pay an exact amount and nothing more, it makes billing anything properly very difficult.

If we had to account per MB on our data plans, we could only charge 1 paise, but that's really not worth doing because either the customer would feel like he lost out on say 35MB of traffic if we rounded up (HOW DARE WE LOOT YOU OF 35ps?), or we would lose out on say 35ps if we rounded down - and compounded by lakhs of customers the differences on our balance sheet could be significant.

That's why we have what we have: just let the line speed be, and bill to a larger unit only - the lowest common denomination being 1 rupee. (Yes, I'm aware of the 50ps coin, but if my supermarket can give me a candy in lieu of 50ps change, then I too might as well not bother about it).

And this is the condition in the National Capital of India.

It's worse in the financial capital.

Please dont take offense when I say your service sounds like a dream. If anything, its a compliment to hayai that what you guys are offerring is something I'd consider my happiest dream ever!! (except for the one where I get to meet katrina kaif ie :P).

Our dream has always been to bring European standards of Broadband (etc) to India. As the overseas markets have changed, so have we done, even prior to our launch, and we will continue to do so even afterwards.

Just make sure you get it atleast a few months before the world ends in 2012 :D

Not you too. Can we stop with the freakin' 2012 bs please?

@Mg Test/ping seems extremely good and more good news is Youtube going to be almost free (most of videos), Everyday I open these thread and I get a good news, I simply can't wait to see the thread which will announce official launch ... (Dream coming true)

@Others (Who want Unlimited) - I don't know you heard this or not but - "NOTHING COMES FREE" - Telemarketing guys sell a lot of things daily by saying it's free (especially CC) but in fact "Nothing Comes Free" , the day you learn this, you will also understand that there is nothing called Unlimited...

"Nothing Is Unlimited" - This applied to each resource available on this earth, there might be plenty of something but not unlimited. and same thing applies to Internet, Bandwidth, and Data. Try to Understand and Go for Plenty?enough for your need not Unlimited...

Today we say Space has no limit or No Boundary, this is because we have not seen the end of it but you can not say it is Unlimited ::beauty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back