Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Basically Youtube is gonna be free right? If yes this could be one of your Maketing taglines :)...

If we're allowed to use Google's trademark in our advertising, sure, why not.

BTW MG you no when u want to go from ur house in mahim to Dadar circle u make a right from sion hospital to go to matunga??? Well my suggestion is you take a left instead & travel for 30 secs & then stop by the road & setup a Hayai connection point right next to my house so that I can enjoy to Gbps speeds :P... The problem with the cablewallas in sion still not solved??? I sincerely hope they are :)...

Why would I go anywhere near Sion if I was travelling to Dadar (Kohdadad circle) from Mahim? That would be the long way (and I generally avoid going through Dharavi if I can avoid it)!! LJ road or Tulsi Pipe until Bal Govindas Road (before Ruby Mills) then left past Plaza cinema is quicker... Tulsi Pipe and up the stairs on to the bridge near Dadar station if I'm walking, or even through the Railway quarters in that long corridor between Matunga Road and Matunga stations (again, if I'm walking)... I would go through Sion if I was going to Chembur or Pune or otherwise travelling on CR... but otherwise not :P

As for setting up in Sion... I *think* some of the issues have been solved but until I'm 100% sure and it's on paper and all that I won't give a definite answer. I think you're located somewhere near Cinemax, no?

----------

Okie so no good news for Vile Parle and andheri People :(

Not yet. I don't want to say anything prematurely and then find out I'm in fact completely wrong. Learned that the hard way!

what about bandra west ??

why Vishal, thanks for the insight, but its hard to believe an person who is just reading the information and distrubuting it and is neither PR or connected in anyways to company.....

I thought this was a forum where anyone can contribute to the discussion.. sorry if that is not the case -.-

heh. he was looking for an official word from mathew. do not get disappointed. i get these responses regularly. :D

I think you still misunderstand the situation. Youtube (and other Google products) will either be free or not free. It can't be both. If a video has to be pulled from a server outside of India, that's Google's problem, not ours. The only part of the connection to Google that we're worried about is the cable between their office in India and ours, and that's the only part that we need to worry about.

I got it right and now it's crystal clear...

If I assume it will be free - this is huge saving... I can see there will be thousands of users who uses only Google and their service most of time, even at least 25% of my daily browsing is with Miscellaneous site google has to provide...

So thinking in that way Hayai will be huge saving for me and thousands of other users like me or otherwise

whats up with people posting retarded pictures like these on forums thinking that its funny ?..... atleast 80-90% of forums have users posting shit like this . only users on 4chan were actually vocal about their hate about smileys and bad pictures being posted . i want this forum to grow but if you keep doing this shit , most power users would leave this forum .

errm. i think reddit memes are pretty cool way to ask your question while showcasing your frustration at the same time. :)

If we're allowed to use Google's trademark in our advertising, sure, why not.

Why would I go anywhere near Sion if I was travelling to Dadar (Kohdadad circle) from Mahim? That would be the long way (and I generally avoid going through Dharavi if I can avoid it)!! LJ road or Tulsi Pipe until Bal Govindas Road (before Ruby Mills) then left past Plaza cinema is quicker... Tulsi Pipe and up the stairs on to the bridge near Dadar station if I'm walking, or even through the Railway quarters in that long corridor between Matunga Road and Matunga stations (again, if I'm walking)... I would go through Sion if I was going to Chembur or Pune or otherwise travelling on CR... but otherwise not :P

As for setting up in Sion... I *think* some of the issues have been solved but until I'm 100% sure and it's on paper and all that I won't give a definite answer. I think you're located somewhere near Cinemax, no?

Well its good that u are atleast making some headway into the sion situation... BTW I live 2 building away from sion hospital on the main road just where the sion hospital flyover(the new one) ends...

I think you still misunderstand the situation. Youtube (and other Google products) will either be free or not free. It can't be both. If a video has to be pulled from a server outside of India, that's Google's problem, not ours. The only part of the connection to Google that we're worried about is the cable between their office in India and ours, and that's the only part that we need to worry about.

So.. er... the full YouTube with exabytes of data ... is.. free? All of it? Because its directly linked to Google and then Google handles the cache.. so...

what about bandra west ??

Not on day 1, but shortly thereafter.

I got it right and now it's crystal clear...

If I assume it will be free - this is huge saving... I can see there will be thousands of users who uses only Google and their service most of time, even at least 25% of my daily browsing is with Miscellaneous site google has to provide...

So thinking in that way Hayai will be huge saving for me and thousands of other users like me or otherwise

It all depends on how Google defines our relationship with them when users start pulling down truckloads of data - these things are subject to change similar to the dispute between Netflix & so on a few months back, but otherwise my understanding is that the standard arrangements with Google are pretty good: the peering itself is free, but we have to pay for actual infrastructure between our network and theirs (which can be quite expensive but that can eventually be lowered by sharing our own physical access network in the area where they have their offices with the dedicated fiber that connects us to them).

----------

So.. er... the full YouTube with exabytes of data ... is.. free? All of it? Because its directly linked to Google and then Google handles the cache.. so...

That's pretty much the idea, yes. But not all ISPs are even doing this (would you believe it!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back