Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
Capiche

What is EAST OF PUNE ? it has areas like but not limited to HADAPSAR< MUNDHWA,CAMP, etc....

Magarpatta and other sites under construction in that vicinity.

What is this preparation or just words we have to believe in ?

The fact that a lot more work has been done in the past 2 years to make this actually come to life. Whether you believe it or not is up to you.

Yes you are not Tata/BSNL/REL/Airtel hence there is requirement of new perspective from your company,NOt just the speed but the way to do business and hence you get bombarded with questions realted top CPE, CC dept and jobs etc, As for you, You do explain them quite enough, but Words arent enough, since you been talking fresh new perspective of all these things, can we have glimpses of the same ?????

What is the question exactly?

Magarpatta and other sites under construction in that vicinity.

The fact that a lot more work has been done in the past 2 years to make this actually come to life. Whether you believe it or not is up to you.

What is the question exactly?

so not exactly usuable( for me and LOTSA other folks) since thats OUT OF CITY LIMITS ( kinda) Its odd since you start from there....

Well my last question was same as second last, But as they say SEEING IS BELIEVING!!! Its just coming off as not a competition to these big guys, its coming off rather small time thing...
well ....

so not exactly usuable( for me and LOTSA other folks) since thats OUT OF CITY LIMITS ( kinda) Its odd since you start from there....

Hopefully you are not going to hang me for replying since I am not an official rep, he has said it before that he will be rolling out first at the places that are under construction or new since its easier over there to implement such a network.

It's a matter of contacts - our relationships in Pune are a lot more young and a lot fewer than those in Mumbai and some other places where (combined between all of the Hayai directors) we know a lot more people. It just so happens that Magarpatta and some nearby areas were/are being developed by relatives which is obviously incredibly helpful when you want to do this sort of thing.

Well my last question was same as second last, But as they say SEEING IS BELIEVING!!! Its just coming off as not a competition to these big guys, its coming off rather small time thing...
well ....

While I do expect to obtain a fairly decent market share, we probably never will go truly "mass market" to the same extent as other operators (that is, a coverage area rivaling that of BSNL and 10 crore customers - I'll be more than happy to leave that up to BSNL etc).

I've never said I want to be in competition with those guys - especially on price and commitment of resources - because I would not win. But there are things I can do better and it's those things that I am concentrating on. At the same time, our ability to "compete" will change vastly in our favour as we grow. So long as we stick to our guns and provide the services we have been promising and that people are wanting, rather than services people would expect if we were "any other operator".

We have our niche, and as much as I'd love to see the other operators to change their models to be similar to ours and improving the quality of services, I expect that we'll be the only real contenders in that part of the market for some time to come, even if a few copycats do spring up.

okay, I am just saying that I do want a company having a niche market, but not just a reseller, Well the thing is, Its more likely that and its a bit of over the line of thinking here but let me put it out, I want Hayai & think of it ( as all the people here in forum think) be a relief from those trynical mofos, But it would be hard for a company, it is resseling the thing Takeing from those people itself,Hence It would been prudent that a company to be ITSELF specially since it is close to the customers ( with u interacting and all) and not just a small timer who these BIG ones can just ignore ( like they do with nivyah & tikona and all) for this a company needs ITS OWN INFRA ( i dont expect a startup to have a big one unless it is funded by the big one) but atleast have a strong hold before venturing in and only then company can be different otherwise it will be same players game... so in line with that I am trying to know HAYAI 's own infra may it be CPE, OFC or any other thing, then only it can be a BIT reliable( most belief will come when I have the taste Test of the speed) so in line with that what can you offer or could you ? I hope I am getting it clear and loud...

okay, I am just saying that I do want a company having a niche market, but not just a reseller, Well the thing is, Its more likely that and its a bit of over the line of thinking here but let me put it out, I want Hayai & think of it ( as all the people here in forum think) be a relief from those trynical mofos, But it would be hard for a company, it is resseling the thing Takeing from those people itself,
Hence It would been prudent that a company to be ITSELF specially since it is close to the customers ( with u interacting and all) and not just a small timer who these BIG ones can just ignore ( like they do with nivyah & tikona and all) for this a company needs ITS OWN INFRA ( i dont expect a startup to have a big one unless it is funded by the big one) but atleast have a strong hold before venturing in and only then company can be different otherwise it will be same players game...
so in line with that I am trying to know HAYAI 's own infra may it be CPE, OFC or any other thing, then only it can be a BIT reliable( most belief will come when I have the taste Test of the speed)

so in line with that what can you offer or could you ? I hope I am getting it clear and loud.

The fact that we have to roll-out services the way we are planning to should be a clue: we are building our own infrastructure, not leasing off of anyone else. As such, we're doing it a bit at a time, and in as manageable a fashion as possible.

I'm not sure why Tata, Reliance and Airtel haven't banded together at least at the level of the last mile - together they could potentially give the government networks a run for their money in most cities as far as coverage is concerned, but as of now they all remain separate, which means that they aren't really competing with each other - because in most cases, only one or the other is available at your address.

For the rest of the ISPs in many cases they either have management arguing among themselves so decisions never get made, or they're just lazy. Or at the distribution level you have to deal with these cablewalas which are super-territorial by nature and unless you've got someone who can get them all to band together to converge for the greater good, you're not going to achieve ubiquitous coverage - instead you spend all your time convincing them not to take 50% of your revenue to supply your services or disrupt your services if they decide one morning that they want a 2% increase in your share of the revenue.

Completely buying out a cablewala isn't an option either - they either want too much money, or they'll sell the network, but build a new one, take all the customers and sabotage the old one (as has happened in Juhu and some other places). We're trying a slightly alternative route which keeps the cablewalas "interests" taken care of permanently so as to hopefully prevent them from sabotaging our (their) network and stealing our (their) customers or build a new network alongside an existing network which they already have a share in because, let's face it, that would be pointless, as they're still getting paid either way.

I don't think Airtel etc really "dismiss" players like Tikona or YOU - these companies suffer from similar problems at a level that would require all-new management with all-new thinking. They're basically companies owned by accountants. Tikona gave away 70% of the company for 700cr of seed capital and YOU is owned by a bank. Nivyah is just... well... all I'll say is that it has an interesting history and leave it at that.

All of this is why I'd so love to see either 1. A new open network built or 2. Existing network(s) opened up and/or shared. Or 3: both of the aforementioned. Then, every ISP has a platform to supply the same level of services, and you'd soon see the worst service providers disappear as customers migrate to better options.

Many houses are already supplied with 2 networks:

[*]One being the existing cable/TV network, which could supply the super-high-speed broadband over DOCSIS 3.0 up to say 100mbit/s as well as supply the hundreds of TV channels as it does now;
[*]The other being an existing POTS network (usually the government player, at least) which could supply home phone and some form of DSL (ADSL or VDSL subject to whatever is in the cabinet - potentially IPTV could be delivered over the same but that should only be available where VDSL is installed).
[/list]With this kind of coverage, any appropriately licensed provider should be able to offer their broadband/phone/tv services over the same set of cables, rendering coverage areas a non-issue and causing all players to have to actually compete for customers, as they currently do with DTH and Mobile services.

All this of course would be until an open fiber network replaces the lot with a singular cable and CPE as we are working on - the single cable/CPE can provide triple play services, and the beauty is that they can all be from different providers, so you could have, for example, Hayai Broadband, Airtel TV and Reliance Phone if you wanted, but the best value for money would probably involve taking a triple-play package from a single provider as it does overseas.

As far as international connectivity is concerned, unfortunately there is literally no choice there at this stage. As of now we wouldn't be allowed to build a new international cable, even if we had a spare $300 million. Perhaps later on this will become a possibility, but as of now it's not the case.

Does that answer the question?

No its still not addressing the core issue, in the answer you are discussing the other companies in detail and facts realted to them where as I am clearly asking for facts related to HAYAI let me be absolutely clear 1] Can we have glimpses of network or the infra structure development? ( I am pretty sure you might have network plan ready by the time ) 2] Can we have a look at CPE. ( I am hoping its been re-branded with Hayai logo) 3] A clear cut business objective ( a statement if you will, which can be reflected on website itself) I have more things to ask but in the time. so I am basically trying to do is making sure that tree is firmerly rooted by shaking it. I aint interested in Bran name or Anything else except level of service and I think before getting into service I/WE can have some satisfaction about the guy WE ARE ROOTING FOR!!! (if I am sounding like a investor, I might be some day or later ) .... ;)

No its still not addressing the core issue,
in the answer you are discussing the other companies in detail and facts realted to them where as I am clearly asking for facts related to HAYAI
let me be absolutely clear

1] Can we have glimpses of network or the infra structure development? ( I am pretty sure you might have network plan ready by the time )

It would be too difficult to put up a full map as of now. I will try and get someone to convert it to KML so that we can have a google-maps overlay.

2] Can we have a look at CPE. ( I am hoping its been re-branded with Hayai logo)

I don't have any Hayai CPEs yet. I will be in Delhi this week to sign for them.

3] A clear cut business objective ( a statement if you will, which can be reflected on website itself)

Mission statements are for MBAs and serve no real purpose. Our slogan of "India's Fastest Internet" is pretty much as clear-cut as we can be, and I would say that it summarizes the company more simply and quickly than my executive summary or the 100-or-so pages of business and marketing plans that rule my world for about 2 weeks every 6 months.

Take Microsoft's for example: "At Microsoft, our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential". When I see stuff like that, my only reaction is "and?"

Most of the other service parameters are inherent and adding them to the slogan (like, "India's fastest and most reliable Internet with superior customer service and blah blah blah") would be extraneous. In short: we're keeping our objectives as straightforward as possible.

I have more things to ask but in the time. so I am basically trying to do is making sure that tree is firmerly rooted by shaking it. I aint interested in Bran name or Anything else except level of service and I think before getting into service I/WE can have some satisfaction about the guy WE ARE ROOTING FOR!!!

(if I am sounding like a investor, I might be some day or later ) .... ;)

Fair enough. If I have to take a paragraph or two from the business plan, it would probably be something like this:

Hayai's mission is to redefine "broadband" in India by offering retail services with high speeds, better data allowances, highly trained customer service representatives and better value for money.

On the wholesale side, Hayai aims to escalate competitiveness among broadband providers by building neutral and open networks which are as good as (or better than) counterparts in countries already well known for high quality of service, such as South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Finland, Sweden, France, Portugal and Romania.

Now have I answered your question?

about the cpe and equipment stuff i have asked earlier too but all in vain. But now as the date is very near it is wise to ask.

----

When will ur CPEs come? whn will they get manufactured and if already manufactured when will delivery's arrive.? how many cpe are ordering in first tranche ?

what about the routers? which make? when will they come? Is it already ordered? Are they available in a shop or again has an agreement has to be signed?

what about the ONTs/Distribution boxes?

Is ur international gateway agreement signed? If not signed how much time will it take for them to execute the order and provide the link...

more importantly is ur office ready? is the lease agreement signed? where it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back