Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
about the cpe and equipment stuff i have asked earlier too but all in vain. But now as the date is very near it is wise to ask.

----

When will ur CPEs come? whn will they get manufactured and if already manufactured when will delivery's arrive.? how many cpe are ordering in first tranche ?

I believe they're already in India, I will be signing for them when I visit Delhi. 10,000 have been ordered in the first batch, though depending on Alcatel's situation, we may receive even this lot in smaller batches while more imports happen from their end.

what about the routers? which make? when will they come? Is it already ordered? Are they available in a shop or again has an agreement has to be signed? what about the ONTs/Distribution boxes?

Alcatel-Lucent India is taking care of the lot. For routing we are taking from the 7750-series as this will allow us easy upgrade to 100Gbit/s in the core - and multiples thereof - the switching fabric operates at terabit-plus speeds, but recent tests show the SR-12 model giving 99.99% performance at 100Gbit/s which is damn good, and used only 1.4 kilowatts under 100% load, which for the purpose of the test was set at 400Gbit/s bi-directional with 4 100Gbit/s links logically aggregated in to a single logical group, and failover was fantastic, with about 8ms of interruption until the failover kicked in on that particular link when a cable was pulled out (emulating a cut).

For service aggregation & distribution we are taking the 7342-series ISAM, and within that range we are taking CPE's which model numbers from that range start with i (i120g, i120gw, i240g, i240gw or something if memory serves). As we're using internal devices, the ONT is contained within the CPE itself. Based on all of the information we've been able to garner from independent sources, we think we've got a fairly solid system being put together for us.

Oh, and the CPEs are not available in shops.

By distribution box, what you probably mean is the OLT from which each GPON starts: that series platform contains a variety of devices all configured to work together - each OLT chassis can supply something like 6k customers, we just add line cards as we need to expand the system. That all is contained within the aforementioned ISAM.

Is ur international gateway agreement signed? If not signed how much time will it take for them to execute the order and provide the link...

It can't be signed yet, so it's pending for the next few weeks until our own new license is expected to come through (this date has been about the same since May - as yet there isn't any indication that it will change significantly).

It will take about 1 week to provision the links (including spare unlit fiber which can be switched on at any time) and map the IP addresses to our AS number (both subleased v4 addresses & our own v6 addresses).

more importantly is ur office ready? is the lease agreement signed? where it is?

Our own office is not ready yet and probably won't be until early October and is in Dadar. This is separate to the network operations which is taken care of for the time being at HNS DC, next to Bhandup station. We are looking for some office space in Goregaon West also to facilitate some extra redundancy and add floor space to our overall holdings which I plan to utilize for a bigger call-centre.

The only really hard part remaining is the billing system integration & testing which admittedly we're cutting it a little fine on time-wise, but that's about all at this point.

I believe they're already in India, I will be signing for them when I visit Delhi. 10,000 have been ordered in the first batch, though depending on Alcatel's situation, we may receive even this lot in smaller batches while more imports happen from their end.

from what i know there are no takers of ftth ont/cpe at present. only ops ordering was bsnl/mtnl but from different vendor. So i think there is little chance that alcatel-lucent will stock them in their warehouses and only option is import. which i guess can take a lot of time depending on mode of shipping, clearance etc etc..

Alcatel-Lucent India is taking care of the lot. For service aggregation & distribution we are taking the 7432-series ISAM, and within that range we are taking CPE's which model numbers from that range start with i (i120g, i120gw, i240g, i240gw or something if memory serves). As we're using internal devices, the ONT is contained within the CPE itself. They're not available in shops.

By distribution box, what you probably mean is the OLT from which each GPON starts: that series platform contains a variety of devices all configured to work together - each OLT chassis can supply something like 6k customers, we just add line cards as we need to expand the system. That all is contained within the aforementioned ISAM.

what about the routers? or are u completely dependent on HNS for the time being....

It can't be signed yet, so it's pending for the next few weeks until our own new license is expected to come through (this date has been about the same since May - as yet there isn't any indication that it will change significantly).

So are u confident that u will get the ISP license in a few weeks seeing the MCA track record earlier and normal govt. workflow speed..and as a result gateway agreement is stuck on that.

from what i know there are no takers of ftth ont/cpe at present. only ops ordering was bsnl/mtnl but from different vendor. So i think there is little chance that alcatel-lucent will stock them in their warehouses and only option is import. which i guess can take a lot of time depending on mode of shipping, clearance etc etc..

That only I would have to verify with Alcatel. To my knowledge, there are devices already ready to go for us.

what about the routers? or are u completely dependent on HNS for the time being....

Sorry, added that information above. HNS use Juniper which are also nice and solid. Even if our own equipment didn't arrive by Diwali itself, we would be OK on HNSes Juniper gear until it did. All that would be done is that separate VPLS would be created to segregate Hayai traffic against theirs, but even then I wouldn't object to buying out HNS completely anyway which would render that segregation somewhat pointless.

I've made it quite clear to everyone in our team, at the bank, at Alcatel etc that we absolutely cannot miss the launch date, no matter what.

So are u confident that u will get the ISP license in a few weeks seeing the MCA track record earlier and normal govt. workflow speed..and as a result gateway agreement is stuck on that.

Fortunately for me, I don't have to deal with most of the ISP license stuff - Ripunjay is our official liaison for that. The purpose of our upcoming visit to Delhi is to verify the same and submit some finalities, but we had been given an estimated time-frame and as far as I have been informed, it's still on schedule.

The only thing that needs to be done once the approval is received is to give the DoT bank guarantees amounting to about 2.1 crores, but I've already organized for that documentation to be ready at our bank.

MGC

if you dont mind telling........which bank do you work with?
huh why do u want all those info, whats use with that info? dont ask nonsensely

huh why do u want all those info, whats use with that info? dont ask nonsensely

The entire Hayai Forum is full of NonSense Questions...

And MG has answered almost all of them, the same way these question need to be answered....

MGC

if you dont mind telling........which bank do you work with?

HDFC are our primary bankers. HSBC take care of some other things.

I guess you also want to know what insurance we have and other irrelevant (to the customer) things too? :P

HDFC are our primary bankers. HSBC take care of some other things.

I guess you also want to know what insurance we have and other irrelevant (to the customer) things too? :P

May be he wants to check your bank balance. I assume he works in Some bank :P

May be he wants to check your bank balance. I assume he works in Some bank :P

Maybe. But I think maybe he'd need more details than just the bank name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back