Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized Hayai will also be offering IPTV. Which software will you be using for it btw? Your own custom software (like airtel) or Microsoft IPTV OS? I've heard nothing but good things about this MS IPTV software and there wont be a point in making the same mistake airtel did (creating their own software for IPTV). If you've never tried airtel IPTV, give it a try and you'll see how absolutely full of crap and unusable it is in comparison to microsoft. Please try and get the microsoft one if possible. If not, atleast make sure your's doesnt suck as much as Airtel's.

There's a demo of Comcast's new STB system around the Internets somewhere - it's a bit similar to that. The interface is all HTML5 (so, easily customizeable) and very pretty but as of now it's not ready yet - IPTV will come out after the initial launch. I looked at Microsoft's system earlier in the year that has Microsoft's system on it - it's not bad, but it is quite expensive.

Currently I'm able to see a couple of the channels that Ripunjay has set up to be watchable in my browser, but that's pretty much all IPTV amounts to really anyway - video in a simplified net browsing box :D

offer something that has a browser. opera makes a version for television sets. can we have something like Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV? i have just read about it on the internets :D

offer something that has a browser. opera makes a version for television sets.

can we have something like Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV? i have just read about it on the internets :D

So... like... MS WebTV?

Based on the blurb at HbbTV I think our STB does most of this stuff - includes all the social media BS like Facebook & Twitter and whatever else you want to add to it. Watch this Comcast Xfinity demo because it looks very much like what we were talking about with the vendors in May.

ah man. i wish you can get a google tv like device to the indian market in the near future. all we get from the DTH and IPTV providers are dumb STBs which are extremely locked up. the new version of google tv comes loaded with android 3.2 edition. it would be nice to have a fully fledged computing machine on the television. this can turn into a viable business model for hayai in the future as they can target homes which do not have a computer or the need to have a dedicated computing machine. :P

^^We could look in to it, sure.

It would be awesome if US free-to-air network channels like CBS, Fox,ABC, NBC can be streamed here in real time as they are aired in the US. I assume that is not going to happen due to licensing issues.

arey bhai. when you have access to 10/20/50/100/1000 mbps connection, what do you worry about? :Smoking:

It would be awesome if US free-to-air network channels like CBS, Fox,ABC, NBC can be streamed here in real time as they are aired in the US.

I assume that is not going to happen due to licensing issues.

You. Nail. Head. Hit.

Real Time streaming of of US channels not going to happen without some fundamental changes in the US (including but not limited to law).

Does Slingbox still exist? That was an awesome little device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back