Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
he has answered that question in detail somewhere already :D man i would hate to be in his shoes right now. attacks from all sides.

I know you may not be able to answer this but, what is left for the launch?

everything from what i infer...:vamplaser:

I know you may not be able to answer this but, what is left for the launch?

Already answered in #651, actually:
The only really hard part remaining is the billing system integration & testing which admittedly we're cutting it a little fine on time-wise, but that's about all at this point.

Almost everything else has been taken care of or is waiting for something else to be completed due to, for example, paperwork having to be submitted in a certain order or after some other piece of paper is approved and so on.

----------

he has answered that question in detail somewhere already :D man i would hate to be in his shoes right now. attacks from all sides.

Nah, the schedule is getting a little tighter than I'd like, though - as in, I'm told that the billing system could take up the majority of my next 6-or-so weeks, so, what would happen if it weren't 100% ready by October 26?

Nah, the schedule is getting a little tighter than I'd like, though - as in, I'm told that the billing system could take up the majority of my next 6-or-so weeks, so, what would happen if it weren't 100% ready by October 26?

Which billing software ru using?

My ISP uses inventum billing system.

Which billing software ru using?

My ISP uses inventum billing system.

I'm taking a lot of advice from Ripunjay on this as he's already familiar with several systems having been testing a variety of systems with HNS over the last few years. We're testing 3 right now and Alcatel has suggested another one which I think is either proprietary to Alcatel equipment (not always a bad thing even if it does cause "vendor lock-in") or is recommended by them to work with their equipment, so I don't actually know what the final system will be yet.

That only will be decided on once we've seen the Alcatel offering and made the comparisons for speed/accuracy/ease of use/what will cause least hassles in the long-run.

Is that a confession or a question ??? :Smoking:

Is that a confession or a question ??? :Smoking:

Rhetoric. There is always a plan B.

Thank you so much Matthew for answering my question. I know this is going to be a difficult next 5 weeks but I know you can do it. Best of luck for the launch. I hope to see it in Delhi when I'm back in December!

Just realized Hayai will also be offering IPTV. Which software will you be using for it btw? Your own custom software (like airtel) or Microsoft IPTV OS? I've heard nothing but good things about this MS IPTV software and there wont be a point in making the same mistake airtel did (creating their own software for IPTV). If you've never tried airtel IPTV, give it a try and you'll see how absolutely full of crap and unusable it is in comparison to microsoft. Please try and get the microsoft one if possible. If not, atleast make sure your's doesnt suck as much as Airtel's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back