Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
But its too costly to become popular now. and Still no one in competition. Avermedia ia having similar product but its more costly than slingbox. Hope the HD one from Slingbox come down below 10K , then it wud become much popular. But not to forget , this is one of the awesome and revolutionary thing for entertainment.

Bad news: Despite this, we do not have an exact timeline just yet and naturally there is one exception: CHENNAI. Why Chennai? To be honest, we didn't go in to detail on why not Chennai, so I'm not 100% sure, but it may be due to the fact that none of us (collectively) know anyone in Chennai who can assist us in moving forward - yet.

Is this still a problem? If yes, what sort of people are you looking for?

I'm in Chennai, and though most of the people in my circle are into advertising, film or art, I might know some who could help, or at least point you in the right direction. Operative words there being *I might*, but I want to try.

@mg as you have mentioned earlier that you will be providing services to educational institutions, but from what i know all good institutes are not in main city. So any special plans for that??

Is this still a problem? If yes, what sort of people are you looking for?

This was only posted a couple of weeks back, so not yet. We're looking for people with influence/clout/etc, preferably in the industry and/or with government contacts. I'm personally trying to get in touch with the CM through a friend but that family has it's own problems at the moment.

I'm in Chennai, and though most of the people in my circle are into advertising, film or art, I might know some who could help, or at least point you in the right direction. Operative words there being *I might*, but I want to try.

We'll pursue each and every avenue we can fine - persistence is key, so if you know someone, we'll be happy to try and get through to them or to the right person through them.

@mg as you have mentioned earlier that you will be providing services to educational institutions, but from what i know all good institutes are not in main city. So any special plans for that??

Yes... lay fiber to them the same as everywhere else. Potentially they can serve as a catalyst for their localities as well.

This was only posted a couple of weeks back, so not yet. We're looking for people with influence/clout/etc, preferably in the industry and/or with government contacts. I'm personally trying to get in touch with the CM through a friend but that family has it's own problems at the moment.

I know a few people who might be able to help, let me check with them. I'm guessing you'd prefer someone who actually has some clout with the CM, i.e. someone who can influence her decision (and this someone is ideally in the industry), over someone who can just give you access to her, or facilitate a meeting. The latter might be possible, but I'll have to check with some friends and let you know.

So... like... MS WebTV?

Based on the blurb at HbbTV I think our STB does most of this stuff - includes all the social media BS like Facebook & Twitter and whatever else you want to add to it. Watch this Comcast Xfinity demo because it looks very much like what we were talking about with the vendors in May.

That xfinity demo looks awesome. I wont have any problem shelling out for such service. :)

I know a few people who might be able to help, let me check with them. I'm guessing you'd prefer someone who actually has some clout with the CM, i.e. someone who can influence her decision (and this someone is ideally in the industry), over someone who can just give you access to her, or facilitate a meeting. The latter might be possible, but I'll have to check with some friends and let you know.

I know some of her family friends (through my lovely wife who has contacts coming out the wazoo), but of course I have to be tactful as well, as I don't know these people particularly well ;)

I'll post when I know more (might be a couple of weeks or months subject to anything and everything else that I'm up to at the moment).

That xfinity demo looks awesome. I wont have any problem shelling out for such service. :)

Cool.

I know some of her family friends (through my lovely wife who has contacts coming out the wazoo)

Rofl....but seriously, that's great.

I'll post when I know more (might be a couple of weeks or months subject to anything and everything else that I'm up to at the moment).

Ok, and I'll try to get hold of my friends over the weekend and see if anything's workable. Will keep you posted.

MGC

When will you try to do something about Kolkata....infact the whole of the EAST..............

Didn't you see? Chennai is the only one left to at least make plans for/get people on the ground in and we're even trying to solve that already. That doesn't mean we have established a timeline, but at least we have people who can help us in those places. Kolkata included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back