Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read previously in hayai threads about the areas covered on day one of the launch for Mumbai, Are all part of the suburbs covered right from day one. or after a definite peroid they are going to be included.And suppose a user abuses the network,uses up all the fup then what? for example,a user on a 20mbps plan with 200gb fup would easily reach it in around 22~23 hrs give or take.....will he be given the warning some sort of before he reaches?

I read previously in hayai threads about the areas covered on day one of the launch for Mumbai, Are all part of the suburbs covered right from day one. or after a definite peroid they are going to be included.
And suppose a user abuses the network,uses up all the fup then what? for example,a user on a 20mbps plan with 200gb fup would easily reach it in around 22~23 hrs give or take.....will he be given the warning some sort of before he reaches?

1. Suburbs are included as per demand and as we are able - a suburb that has 200 signups will be given priority over one that has 10 (unless those 10 are all MNCs that want 10gbit/s connections, but that's not the scenario I'm imagining when I say something like "subject to demand"). Obviously then there is also the "how much of a suburb will be included when you launch there" - as much as feasible, would be the best answer I can give. Individual places can be supplied relatively quickly however to provide proper blanket coverage does take time, and varies by the size of the suburb: Andheri is quite large compared to say, Navy Nagar.

2. FUP warnings are there at 80%. If "abusive" usage continued, we would call them up and ask them to curb usage or upgrade. I'm aware that many people will suck down a bunch of torrents in the space of the first couple of days which is not a problem, but if such usage were persistent, that would become a cause for concern - like if the user got to say 500GB of usage on a plan with a 200GB FUP, despite all our efforts in asking him to curb/upgrade etc then we would probably force an upgrade on his plan to something appropriate, or if the usage got really obnoxious, we might even move them over to a data plan... however, that is indeed a last resort.

The most likely scenario as we see it is that usage will be heavier for a few months and then the novelty will wear off or hard drives will be full (etc).

I think this has actually been discussed to death in a variety of threads, including but not limited to the one about Hayai FUPs (some things have changed since 2010, but most principles are basically the same), as well as the FAQ thread, pricing thread (especially in the later pages) and so on.

In short: fair usage is fair usage, both to you and to us. Don't hammer the connection and you should be alright.

Really pissed off after noticing whats happening in America and Uk. Bloody they implement strict Fup unlike Hayai's Fair usage. which is Fair! :thumbup: I will be Happy if hayai continues to be fair even after getting nice subscriber base and sincerely hope it does not become another Airtel.

do u also plan to launch a Tata Photon like product (USB Dongle)?

Sort of. Except without the dongle. We don't have license to use cellular networks, so we don't have that option.

We have a service which we're calling Hayai Lite, delivered on 802.11n WiFi - external antennas will be installed at almost all customer premises to ensure a good signal and Hayai Lite will only be available where we also have Fiber.

I was expecting an reply for my Query!

Your last post seemed more like a statement than a question. What was your question?

hi Mathew, read in some thread by admin that Hayai is nearing launch. When are you planning the launch ? And which cities ? I know you might have answered this before, save me the trouble of searching such a long thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back