Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess the point is... hayai would have to pay for international connectivity. now if google has their own pipelines coming to india (through a collaboration with whatever company) and they are offering direct connectivity to their own servers, hayai would bypass the pipes owned by reliance and airtel etc. right? and i doubt google would be charging for access to their own content. they would more than welcome direct connectivity with ISPs that would offer their services and content to their users. this lets them ensure network neutrality for their own services. the thing is... companies like google (and netflix) scare ISPs because of high bandwidth consumption from their networks. google has the capabilities to offer direct connectivity through ISPs. other companies are probably not as equipped.

What if Google buys Hayai and own two 1 Gbps networks (another one building in U.S.) :P

heh. the network being built in the USA is more of a technical showcase to prove that technologies exist to provide ultra fast connectivity at affordable prices. this is a similar strategy they used with Chrome and Android. just to prove that existing players were simply not doing a good job. now chrome and android are easier products to market and develop compared to a global infrastructure.

i guess the point is... hayai would have to pay for international connectivity.

now if google has their own pipelines coming to india and they are offering direct connectivity to their own servers, hayai would bypass the pipes owned by reliance and airtel etc. right?

For anything located on an IP address assigned to Google's AS number, yes... Google would have their own connectivity on those same pipes, though.

and i doubt google would be charging for access to their own content. they would more than welcome direct connectivity with ISPs that would offer their services and content to their users.

No, they don't charge. We just have to get the cable from them to us... and Google is not as scary as Netflix...

the thing is... companies like google (and netflix) scare ISPs because of high bandwidth consumption from their networks. google has the capabilities to offer direct connectivity through ISPs.

...but to be fair, Google and Netflix are pretty different in their offerings. Netflix is looking at millions of customers streaming several gigabytes at a time - even the highest resolution videos on Youtube are only maybe a couple-hundred megs each, except for the special long ones on official channels that last over 10 minutes. Furthermore, Netflix traffic is 1-way, Google traffic is bi-directional, as users can also upload content.

Netflix would, as such, cause more congestion than Google because of the traffic patterns (constant bitrate vs spikey), and even then, mostly on the actual access networks (last-mile), though hypothetically, both would have very similar peering arrangements with ISPs.

Frankly, I'd love to see Netflix or a proper Netflix-like service with content from across the globe show up in India after Hayai launches.

----------

What if Google buys Hayai and own two 1 Gbps networks (another one building in U.S.) :P

I doubt they would buy us out, since I probably wouldn't want to sell... they might buy in, though.

heh. the network being built in the USA is more of a technical showcase to prove that technologies exist to provide ultra fast connectivity at affordable prices.

Sorta like Hayai, really :)

ah well. google has been working hard on become a netflix like service provider through youtube and google music (beta). of course, they remain a two way service platform compared to hulu and netflix. but in india youtube traffic would overshadow any traffic from netflix like services like errm :D bigflix? :Pairtel for example is already offering airtel movies in collaboration with bigflix.

airtel for example is already offering airtel movies in collaboration with bigflix.
But instead of giving it for free (since its a damn collaboration) they charge you Rs. 200 per minute :D and I don't even know if they do that, I am just making it up because they are airtel and I hate them

but in india youtube traffic would overshadow any traffic from netflix like services like errm :D bigflix? :P

airtel for example is already offering airtel movies in collaboration with bigflix.

Probably, yes, but I think as of now Bigflix has limited use for most people because the access speeds are too slow. It's quicker just to call up the local DVD-wala.

re post, Please refer to post below, Or if admind comes I request to delete this post

Not you too. Can we stop with the freakin' 2012 bs please?

dont tell me you are scared :P
hahaaa, 2012 is just a joke here in India ;)

It has been said many times: we are starting in SOME areas and expanding as necessary. This has always been the plan. It would be literally impossible for us to blanket each city before launching there, otherwise you'd be waiting another decade. Capiche?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________<
As for your area of Pune, if you don't live in the very east of the city, then I don't know that either because obviously subscriptions have not started, so the list has not been compiled to say that we will be coming to your area on such-and-such date
.______________________________________________________________________________________________________

That was ambitious, and I never should have announced that date. I have admitted the mistake. After much heartache, frustration and headbanging, we are finally prepared.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

we are not BSNL/Tata/Reliance/Airtel so we can't cover 38,000 villages in a month and a half. End of story.

Capiche

What is EAST OF PUNE ? it has areas like but not limited to HADAPSAR< MUNDHWA,CAMP, etc....

What is this preparation or just words we have to believe in ?

Yes you are not Tata/BSNL/REL/Airtel hence there is requirement of new perspective from your company,NOt just the speed but the way to do business and hence you get bombarded with questions realted top CPE, CC dept and jobs etc, As for you, You do explain them quite enough, but Words arent enough, since you been talking fresh new perspective of all these things, can we have glimpses of the same ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back