Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
wait a minute now, Its been talked to death that hayai will launch in DIWALI of 2011, Ref: look up mg's posts now he says here in earlier post in this thread and SIC "We're aiming for early 2012 for Delhi."and when I asked about needing a connection in pune about specific areas this was included in reply "It depends on areas. Pune's coverage is limited at the moment as we only really started looking seriously at Pune a few months back because of our connections there"and gist was he was not sure which area will be hit WHEN!!! so where are they "LAUNCHING IT" in diwali??? or is just going to be jaded in Mumbai,that too in specific areas?? competing the small time players like youtele and nivyah,tikona etc.... I thought they were suppose to come with Big Bang to these big players, are these dreams fading away????? what is it really ??? Can we have opinion here ?and NO this point of time we cant say K sera Sera, since its been attaching and its like day dreaming, once yo u get them without pause, you becoming kinda involved in it. so this is kinda what been happening, and still we dont get clear cut directions or replies to when it might be. how about this PRE-LAUNCH whatever LAUNCH AREA1 AREA 2 .....|___Date XXYYZZZZ_____________XX-YY______________XX-YY-ZZ____XX-YY-ZZ_____|

It has been said before that Hayai will be launching in Mumbai, and most of it is covered now.. if it's not then its the local cabelwalas causing the problem. I really don't know about Pune, but NCR launch is early 2012.

Recently pissed off Airtel (IPTV+broadband) customer here. Was browsing these forums just to rant about airtel but saw a few people mentioning they are waiting for hayai and decided to check out wth is this thing. And HOLY CRAP, Hayai sounds like a dream come true. Unfortunately, dreams rarely come true for most people so I'm really skeptical about hayai being able to provide everything they are promising for the price they are suggesting. In a country where someone living in the national capital is still wondering how to get a true unlimited 1mbps connection without needing to deal with mtnl's shitty customer service, can you blame me of being skeptical when someone promises 1000mbps connection (especially with all the perks you are offering) ?

No offense to hayai btw. Just that if something sounds too good to be true, more often than not, its not. Given the fact that you guys are way behind schedule isnt helping either. All that said, I'm willing to sacrifice an arm and a leg for such a service. Just make it happen guys. I wont be holding my breath for it but be rest assured that I'll be the first in line the day your service rolls out in Delhi. Though I doubt that day will be here before atleast a couple years (possibly even more) :(

I'm sceptical too. I will be shocked if it rolls out in 2012.

why Vishal, thanks for the insight, but its hard to believe an person who is just reading the information and distrubuting it and is neither PR or connected in anyways to company.....
Yes I know they will LAUNCH IN MUMBAI my question is still WHAT IS EXACT DATE ( give or take) I also read the statement which says EARLY 2012,what is EARLY 2012...
I am skeptical cause last time Hayai Missed deadline WITH BIG MARGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now all we get is vague things except for tech data, here is a link
https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/55220-hayai-broadband-launch-in-india/post526495/#post526495

The answer is not when is the launch but WHEN DIWALI IS!! so is the launch on 26th OCtober ????? Nope nobody told it yet.....

@Mg Test/ping seems extremely good and more good news is Youtube going to be almost free (most of videos), Everyday I open these thread and I get a good news, I simply can't wait to see the thread which will announce official launch ... (Dream coming true)

I think you still misunderstand the situation. Youtube (and other Google products) will either be free or not free. It can't be both. If a video has to be pulled from a server outside of India, that's Google's problem, not ours. The only part of the connection to Google that we're worried about is the cable between their office in India and ours, and that's the only part that we need to worry about.

Because Delhi sucks, dude (I mean that in a topographical way, of course). At least it's cheaper to deploy in Delhi than Mumbai.

wait a minute now, Its been talked to death that hayai will launch in DIWALI of 2011, Ref: look up mg's posts
now he says here in earlier post in this thread and SIC "We're aiming for early 2012 for Delhi."
and when I asked about needing a connection in pune about specific areas this was included in reply
"It depends on areas. Pune's coverage is limited at the moment as we only really started looking seriously at Pune a few months back because of our connections there"
and gist was he was not sure which area will be hit WHEN!!!

I think you're misunderstanding how we are going to roll out. We can't cover Mumbai 100% and then move to Pune, cover that 100%, move to NCR, cover that 100% etc. We are launching in Mumbai & Pune in limited areas and will expand as demand/necessity/possibility etc. SIMULTANEOUSLY, we will start a roll-out in NCR while some areas of Mumbai and Pune are still being rolled out as well. And then like Bangalore/Kolkata/etc while more areas of Mumbai, Pune, NCR etc are rolled out - we have to launch in a limited area in each city and expand from there - not start with a big blanket. We could only think of doing that if we were building a cellular network, which we're not.

so where are they "LAUNCHING IT" in diwali??? or is just going to be jaded in Mumbai,that too in specific areas?? competing the small time players like youtele and nivyah,tikona etc....

It has been said many times: we are starting in SOME areas and expanding as necessary. This has always been the plan. It would be literally impossible for us to blanket each city before launching there, otherwise you'd be waiting another decade. Capiche?

I thought they were suppose to come with Big Bang to these big players, are these dreams fading away????? what is it really ??? Can we have opinion here ?
and NO this point of time we cant say K sera Sera, since its been attaching and its like day dreaming, once yo u get them without pause, you becoming kinda involved in it. so this is kinda what been happening, and still we dont get clear cut directions or replies to when it might be.

The reason I can't give clear-cut replies is because I DON'T KNOW. The order of roll-out at suburb level is DYNAMIC and will be determined by the subscription density in that area of each respective city. Why would we roll out in like, Pimpri Chinchwad first if there are no subscriptions coming from there, but there were tons from like, western Pune?

It has been said before that Hayai will be launching in Mumbai, and most of it is covered now.. if it's not then its the local cabelwalas causing the problem. I really don't know about Pune, but NCR launch is early 2012.

South Bombay (like really south) is currently problematic to reach by ourselves (without cablewalas, that is) because BMC is not allowing new fibre to be laid AT ALL by ANYONE, so we are having to buy an existing network there and fix it up to our standards. Otherwise, we've solved most of the cablewala issues. In Mumbai, we can currently cover with relative ease on day 1:

[*]Some of Thane
[*]Mulund down to Vikhroli
[*]Goregaon
[*]Mahim/Matunga W/Dadar
[/list]
Other areas we will build to as demand dictates - I am looking at significant numbers in Navi Mumbai and North-West Mumbai (Borivali etc).

I'm sceptical too. I will be shocked if it rolls out in 2012.

In Delhi it's only a question of lining the right pockets.

why Vishal, thanks for the insight, but its hard to believe an person who is just reading the information and distrubuting it and is neither PR or connected in anyways to company.....
Yes I know they will LAUNCH IN MUMBAI my question is still WHAT IS EXACT DATE ( give or take) I also read the statement which says EARLY 2012,what is EARLY 2012...

You are asking questions that even I do not know the answer to as yet. For Delhi, we don't know an exact launch date. Let us launch in Mumbai & Pune first and then I can make that decision and announce accordingly.

As for your area of Pune, if you don't live in the very east of the city, then I don't know that either because obviously subscriptions have not started, so the list has not been compiled to say that we will be coming to your area on such-and-such date.

I am skeptical cause last time Hayai Missed deadline WITH BIG MARGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was ambitious, and I never should have announced that date. I have admitted the mistake. After much heartache, frustration and headbanging, we are finally prepared.

now all we get is vague things except for tech data, if you find my posts, go to posts where I ask DIWALI WHEN ??? if the answer is not been edited yet, read it....

Diwali 2011. Look at your Hindu calendar: this year it's October 26th. That is the launch date in the areas which we can cover immediately. Other areas will be built to as demand dictates. Other cities will be built as and when we are able to in a manageable fashion - we are not BSNL/Tata/Reliance/Airtel so we can't cover 38,000 villages in a month and a half. End of story.

....................... we can currently cover with relative ease on day 1:

[*]Some of Thane
[*]Goregaon
[*]Mahim/Matunga W/Dadar
[*]
............... Diwali 2011. Look at your Hindu calendar: this year it's October 26th. That is the launch date in the areas which we can cover immediately..... End of story.
[/list]
I wonder why the above lines make me very happy :dance:

In Mumbai, we can currently cover with relative ease on day 1:

[*]Some of Thane
[*]Goregaon
[*]Mahim/Matunga W/Dadar
[/list]

Yay!! Dadar

But if you are providing internet through the Fraudster cable internet provider Net9Online.... I will never apply. End of discussion and end of Hayai for me :(

Yay!! Dadar

But if you are providing internet through the Fraudster cable internet provider Net9Online.... I will never apply. End of discussion and end of Hayai for me :(

I've heard horror stories about this one. Savio used to be a customer of theirs. As of now we will NOT be providing services through cablewalas, although for a few people (namely Savio, Satish and my Mrs as they all live within 200m of each other) we are running a test with RV Net to see if such an arrangement would even be remotely feasible (I think I discussed the same in this thread a few pages back), although it's not looking likely, as even if the network seems relatively OK, they're definitely not meeting my support standards.

I think you still misunderstand the situation. Youtube (and other Google products) will either be free or not free. It can't be both. If a video has to be pulled from a server outside of India, that's Google's problem, not ours. The only part of the connection to Google that we're worried about is the cable between their office in India and ours, and that's the only part that we need to worry about.

South Bombay (like really south) is currently problematic to reach by ourselves (without cablewalas, that is) because BMC is not allowing new fibre to be laid AT ALL by ANYONE, so we are having to buy an existing network there and fix it up to our standards. Otherwise, we've solved most of the cablewala issues. In Mumbai, we can currently cover with relative ease on day 1:

[*]Some of Thane
[*]Goregaon
[*]Mahim/Matunga W/Dadar
[/list]Other areas we will build to as demand dictates - I am looking at significant numbers in Navi Mumbai and North-West Mumbai (Borivali etc).

So Basically Youtube is gonna be free right? If yes this could be one of your Maketing taglines :)...

BTW MG you no when u want to go from ur house in mahim to Dadar circle u make a right from sion hospital to go to matunga??? Well my suggestion is you take a left instead & travel for 30 secs & then stop by the road & setup a Hayai connection point right next to my house so that I can enjoy to Gbps speeds :P... The problem with the cablewallas in sion still not solved??? I sincerely hope they are :)...

----------

I wonder why the above lines make me very happy :dance:

Yay!! Dadar

Agar mujhe connection nahi mili to tumhe bhi nahi milegi yeh mera sharap hai tum sab par :P ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back