Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey MG,

Whats your views as a proposed broadband service provider with respect to the National Telecom Policy unveiled yesterday? Do you expect any change especially when it talks of unbundeling local loop.

Not really. Talks have been going on for years. There is too much bickering between BSNL and MTNL. There is too much internal bickering in both companies. The government will really have to force some hands if it's to happen, otherwise, they might just be better off leaving the copper network(s) as they are and ensuring that the new fiber ones remain 100% open for all providers to use at the same price.

Not really. Talks have been going on for years. There is too much bickering between BSNL and MTNL. There is too much internal bickering in both companies. The government will really have to force some hands if it's to happen, otherwise, they might just be better off leaving the copper network(s) as they are and ensuring that the new fiber ones remain 100% open for all providers to use at the same price.

That is exactly what it says:
"3.6. To allow sharing of Networks and delink the licensing of Networks from the delivery of Service to the end users to facilitate faster roll out of services across the country , enhance the quality of service, optimize the investment and address the issue of the digital divide. This will also facilitate increased competition in the telecom sector without putting any entry barrier in setting up of networks by new operators and at the same time allowing the existing operators to increase their network utilization by sharing the network facilities

3.7. The technology neutral Unified Licenses are envisaged to be in two separate categories:
3.7.1. Network Service Operator (NSO)/ Communication Network Service Operator (CNSO)
3.7.2. Service Delivery Operator (SDO)/ Communication Service Delivery Operator (CSDO)

3.8. Network Service Operator (NSO) would be licensed to set up and maintain converged networks capable of delivering various types of services e.g. Voice, Data, Video, broadcast, IPTV, VAS etc. in a non-exclusive and non-discriminatory manner.

3.9. The Service Delivery Operator (SDO) would be licensed to deliver any/ all services e.g. tele-services (voice, data, video), internet/broadband, broadcast services, IPTV, Value Added Service and content delivery services etc.

3.10. To facilitate resale at service level – both wholesale and retail – especially keeping in mind the need for robust competition at the consumer end while ensuring due compliance with security and other license related obligations."

Source:DRAFT NATIONAL TELECOM POLICY- 2011

Looks like it mostly hasn't changed from the drafts that have been floating around since last year.

Hey MG,

Whats your views as a proposed broadband service provider with respect to the National Telecom Policy unveiled yesterday? Do you expect any change especially when it talks of unbundeling local loop.

Can you Please post what NTP 2011 says about ULL

Can you Please post what NTP 2011 says about ULL

It talks of having separate licences for Network Service Operator (NSO) and Service Delivery Operator (SDO). Also, NSO should provide network access to all the SDO in in a non-exclusive and non-discriminatory manner. Thats what it says in brief. Devil is always in the detail which will come in final draft.

I'm not 100% certain of an exact number - probably less than 100 so far
you didn't update us about this ! So base stations have already come up...where, which make, any pics..

you didn't update us about this ! So base stations have already come up...where, which make, any pics..

Sure I did, you just weren't watching carefully enough :P

They're in a few select places where we have access to Fiber, in the same central suburbs (Vikhroli - Mulund). We'll start rolling them out on a larger scale after the launch because they're relatively quick and painless to install (an hour, tops, and that on a bad day).

Ubiquiti Powerstation M2 (yes, it's WiFi, but it performs hugely better than the WiMax network we were *going* to be using). Authentication is WPA2-Enterprise (against a RADIUS server).

I don't have any photos of the ones in India, I have maybe 1 or 2 pictures from the ones in NZ which were posted on Twitter a few months back.

Not OTOH but that doesn't really mean much as I'm not personally very familiar with Thane. To my knowledge it's mostly South and West parts of Thane as of now.

If you can get wireless, you can more than likely get wired. We're doing that to ensure as high quality as possible, even on wireless, by not making our wireless base stations serve areas of 2-3km as Wimax base stations often do.

OK then tell me how to get the connection?

OK then tell me how to get the connection?

Once launched, the website should be the quickest and easiest way to subscribe, if for no other reason than the majority of the subscription process can be done online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back