Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 189,777
Status
Not open for further replies.
15 days to go! Just half a month more till the launch of Hayai in Mumbai and still no word about the license! I'm hoping that will get resolved soon!

So basically there's a Roll out has been done only in Few areas say 10?.

As has always been the case, yes - it has never been such that we will cover all of Mumbai etc on day 1.

15 days to go! Just half a month more till the launch of Hayai in Mumbai and still no word about the license! I'm hoping that will get resolved soon!

So are we. I've literally just come out of a meeting with Ripunjay regarding the same (yes, we keep strange hours). Once again one of us will be going to Delhi this coming Monday (that's 3 weeks in a row now), and I've been asked to prepare a little, err, gift.

In the event that the license is not fully resolved by next week, never fear, we do have a "plan B" which we can implement if we absolutely have to - this basically involves piggybacking for maybe the first month.

As much as I don't really want to do it, if it doesn't come through on time, at that point it might be our only choice to make the launch date, and I'm pretty much bracing myself to do whatever I have to to get the service at least launched, once and for all.

Once the license is granted, then we would perform a full switch-over and we would offer the users who signed up in that first month something very nice for their loyalty. (Please don't ask me what the offer is, but I'm pretty sure those people would like it, but remember, this would only be in the event that we have to implement "Plan B").

The main downside to "Plan B" is that Pune would be delayed due to the class we would be operating under.

While I'm thinking on the topic, since we are trying to buy up a few networks now, it's very likely that you'll see some cablewalas begin to offer Hayai services. This doesn't mean we're operating with cablewalas, it more or less means Hayai has purchased that network and will be rebuilding it to suit our requirements. For users on those providers, they will have the option to stay with their existing service or would also be given the option of migrating to one of the copper transitional plans I've been talking about for the past few days or so (the details of which are not 100% finalized yet, but will be done on Saturday evening).

^^
I knew this was in the offing....:Wait:
and as usual when something goes horribly wrong Godzilla comes to the rescue....

So what are the DoT a****** wanting ??:cursing:

^^
I knew this was in the offing....:Wait:

Would you rather we launch on time or would you rather we delayed even more? Think like a programmer; this is just an "if, then, else" statement:
:planAif (license = "granted") {launch == full;} else {goto 'planB';}:planBif (license != "granted") {launch == piggyback;} and {for "loyal customers" {execute 'GiveNeatStuff';} while {putting_up_with_our_beta_version;}}
Or something equally ludicrous.
So what are the DoT a****** wanting ??:cursing:

I'll give you one guess.

MG , please do convey to DOT /TRAI or IT minister , whoever it is , that IF BSNL/MTNL open up thier lines (OFC) to prvt players for a fee , it would help in delivering broadband to rural area and would help thier newly planned policy..

i hope you do know that the government has tried doing that for a long time now. babus at mtnl and bsnl threaten to go on strike and that is why it has not happened until now.

i hope you do know that the government has tried doing that for a long time now. babus at mtnl and bsnl threaten to go on strike and that is why it has not happened until now.
Its not like the prvt players are going to hijack the lines , they are just leasing the lines. Infact , competitively speaking , BSNL/MTNL have the upperhand.

anyway i am just hoping that BSNL is not pulled into a scam(maran-suntv) and I loose my BB(one n only) :D

So are we. I've literally just come out of a meeting with Ripunjay regarding the same (yes, we keep strange hours). Once again one of us will be going to Delhi this coming Monday (that's 3 weeks in a row now), and I've been asked to prepare a little, err, gift.

Err...I wonder how much this Gift would cost

While I'm thinking on the topic, since we are trying to buy up a few networks now, it's very likely that you'll see some cablewalas begin to offer Hayai services. This doesn't mean we're operating with cablewalas, it more or less means Hayai has purchased that network and will be rebuilding it to suit our requirements. For users on those providers, they will have the option to stay with their existing service or would also be given the option of migrating to one of the copper transitional plans I've been talking about for the past few days or so (the details of which are not 100% finalized yet, but will be done on Saturday evening).

What would be the theoretical maximum speed and practical average speed that you could achieve on copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back