Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 48,017
calm down mate :liquor:

Dhoni should have called Cook back. Fair play my foot. **** off Dhoni.

Lolz Naah dude he must be tired seeing Cook bat for so long must have wanted change of scenery .. I hope England bats till tea tomm and piles 650 + and then bowls India out for 200 and win by an innings ..

Fair Play?If the ball had missed the stumps and had gone for overthrows, wont Cook take extra runs? Where is the fair play then?I guess fair play exists only for fielding team.If fair play/spirit of cricket exists, batsmen should walk off when they feel they are out

Obviously he would have run on the overthrows, as that's an error of the fielding team. But his dismissal is unfortunate as he was in no real danger of a run out and just made his way out to avoid an injury. I personally feel that he should have been called back. Had he been in real danger of a run out, then I would call it fair.

No point in arguing really. It happened to Misbah as well but in that case he was looking for a run and jumped and Dinesh karthick was the fielder. Cook knew that it was his fault. A batsman is in danger once he is out of the crease no matter what. It was a genuine attempt. Cook knew it as soon as the ball hit the stumps. Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgut31rTG2A

I had not seen this so earlier I did not comment.

Just saw the video here:
Alastair Cook runout by Virat Kohli India v England 3rd Test Kolkata - YouTube
Alastair Cook runout by Virat Kohli India v England 3rd Test Kolkata 2012. - YouTube

I think this was fair run out. Dhoni had no obligation here. He had option but you cant say he cheated or he had been unfair.

Especially because rules say that batsman should have grounded the bat and if he takes evasive action after that then he can be called not out otherwise out.

^ It is obvious but then, we have this man, Sehwag. Only he could change the course of the game. Its highly unlikely, but I thought the same during the Chennai test. Lets hope for the best. If he fails, its game over!

Back