• Thread starter Thread starter Tejas01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 229
  • Views Views 24,518

Tejas01

Dream big in life.
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
This will be my first washing machine and I am truly clueless what should I look for. Need your help with some pointers. Following are some details if they help.

1. Top load machine for a family of two.
2. Weight- between 6-7 kg. I mean I don't know. Will 7 kg be too much for 2 people. We will be primarily using it for washing heavy clothes like bedsheets, curtains, recron pillows. I was thinking of getting 6.5 kgs if in case there is extra load. 7 kg just to be extra safe.
3. Which brand to look for? No idea. LG seems fine. Any brand which has a better service record. I have had bad experiences with big brands like Sony, Hitachi, IFB. So will be avoiding them. Samsung, LG have been good for me. My 2002 Samsung refrigerator still going strong.
4. Most important- I live in an area where the issue of corrosion is significant. So any company which offers durable electronics will be preferred.(Seems LG already got a head start here with corrosion proof and inverter tech.)
5. Availability of spare parts.
6. I live on 4th floor and the main water tank is on the 8th floor(terrace). So I am assuming there shouldn't be any issue with water pressure. In summers it may create some problem when water supply is reduced.
7. Budget 15,000-18,000.
8. Can i get a heater in top load models? From what I searched for, didn't find any.
What are the other things I need to look for? Do I need to get a wheel tray? I mean I am looking at a possibility that I might have to move the machine during summers when water supply and pressure is low.
What are the demerits of not having the required water pressure?

LG front load. I mean lg official warranty was a bit more pricey but it's company based so should be safer I imagine. Also if price is similar, buy from official LG store 😝

Upvote 0
Also, is it advisible to get a cover? I will be placing it in kitchen and there is a possibility of oil stains sticking to machine in long term use.
Any specific issue I should be aware while using a cover?

I was of the same view that warranty from LG/company would give me a peace of mind. But it's 5k excl. GST which shoots to 5900. The one given by Vijay sales and super electronics respectively cost me 3609 and 3438 which is almost double of LG. Spending 6k on a machine and that too for 3 years burns a hole in my heart.
Can you share your review about lg machine from Vijay sales. I mean any issue or something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i believe you need to keep the back open though i don't think even that is needed as washing machines don't have air vents from my understanding. pipe is at the back so it tends to remain open in any case. at my place, cover is permanently on the machine. front is always exposed coz it is used pretty much everyday. back is exposed because of pipes coming out of it.

regarding my previous comment. it is based on individual instances. i bought a display piece from vijay sales. got fooled by the discount they showed. paid 35K for the 8KG WiFi model. another member of the forum got brand new 9KG (same) model from LG showroom for the same price. so vijay sales is definitely not the cheapest option around. one could get a better deal from official showroom. but it's more or less individual cases. i did not even bother visiting the LG store that was 2 stores away from Vijay Sales. should have made that trip. might have gotten lucky.

i also got fooled into buying the vijay sales warranty because the machine i bought has a panel control for customized washing features. these panels tend to go bad eventually and are quite expensive. so it made sense to buy the warranty in any case. i dont remember how much i paid for it at the time but the lg guy who came to install the machine informed me that official warranty was just slightly more expensive. in any case, for me, what's done is done and i would find out in coming years if/when i would need to use the extended warranty if vijay sales warranty was of any use or not.

also check with lg... i think you get a grace period of a few weeks or months to buy the extended warranty. maybe you can delay that purchase for this period and get it at a later stage?

Upvote 0
Iirc you can buy the Extended Warranty even a month before the included warranty elapses.
A cover is recommended and no need to worry it has holes on the back for pipe and plug. You can buy one from Flipkart or Amazon according to your model and preference.

Upvote 0
So finally got LG FHT1006ZNW and got it installed today. Machine is kinda cute.. small yet has a design appeal.

Does anyone here use matic labelled powder from Ariel, tide etc.
They do cost more than the regular ones. Are there really any actual benefits over normal detergent?
Any tips for a first timer washing machine user..
Thanks a lot for your help guys.. I really appreciate it 🙂

Upvote 0
front load machine powder is supposed to create less sud which supposedly work better in front load machines. top load powder would create more sud. this is not really a problem unless you are going to run a full load every single time. sud is not much of a problem in regular loads from my understanding. i usually end up buying whatever is on sale on any of the stores. right now i am going through a bulk order of genteel liquid. got pretty good price on it.

Upvote 0
Matic powder is a must for front load.
You can get good deals online as every grocery store offers its own brand.

Upvote 0

Back