New Airtel Broadband Plans with Better Fair Usage Policy Limits?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 393
  • Views Views 66,822
I am surprised that the owner of broadband forum is saying that "2mbps is pretty fast". If it was 20 mbps, then I'd have accepted that without any issue. :)

ever lived with 56k dial up ? :smiley-bounce022:

now this is what is REAL FAAAAAAST :Freaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised that the owner of broadband forum is saying that "2mbps is pretty fast". If it was 20 mbps, then I'd have accepted that without any issue. :)

i have been using internet from home for like 6-7 years. probably more.

my first connection was probably 64kbps. i have been stuck with 1mbps for the last year or more. 2mbps is pretty fast for me. and is probably pretty fast by any indian standard for home consumer.

----------

https://imgur.com/d0EYo

this statistic from youtube is pretty impressive. for india to have an average speed of 1mbps!

lol by indian broadband standard 2mbps is pretty much fast where they define anything above 512kbps as broadband speed!!!

ever lived with 56k dial up ?

now this is what is REAL FAAAAAAST

lol dl 2.75gb in 4sec!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
mmm i think the current definition is still 256kbps? so 2mbps is like eight times the minimum broadband speed in india.

I dont see broadband definition change this year, Bloody idiot sibal is f*** sleeping discussing about Ramdev..

chill man. competition is the only thing that can change the broadband scene in india. government regulations would only result in loophole discoveries.

i also agree the government should not impose anything. When adequate demand will come this company's will scramble for better plans. Even the most importantly access problem can be solved by operators themselves. I dont think the government will lay down fiber to everyone and every home as people are expecting.

I agree with operamaniac.I too have used VSNL dialup beginning about 15 years ago and gradually come up to this level. So my expectations remain at a realistic level.I do not download and my requirement is well served by a 512 kbps speed in either direction. I would love more speed but I rarely need it - only when I view videos online.All I want is a reliable connection.

Back