New Airtel Broadband Plans with Better Fair Usage Policy Limits?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 393
  • Views Views 66,822
MTNL's 2 mbps UL for Rs 1899 per month without FUP and with Rs 100 for voice calls included is still a much better value for money plan.

yes it is but with mtnl there is huge problem good service.....downtime.. fluctuating speeds....... downtime...list goes on.....

nd with airtel the problem is with throttled speeds on ytube nd while downloading.......now even these new plans are throttled then it sure suxs !

----------

New plans of reliance sound far better

what u talking abt ? there 2MBps plan comes to 2599 PM how is that any better ? and these are 6 yrs old plans btw so what new plans are u talking abt....

I am having the same 2 Mbps plan and 4 Mbps-150GB FUP looks inviting at first glance.. But on second thoughts Rs 400 extra and prospect of 256kbps after FUP in 4Mbps plan is quite a put off really..

One way is to check your usage for last 6-12 months online on airtel.in and see if you are really crossing the FUP of 4 mbps plans on regular basis.

Right now I have a 4 mbps connection in my office (Rs 1399 for 25 GB FUP) and it seems much better than a 2 mbps connection that I also have in my office.

Even If a person downloads 100 GB's in movies and music in one month, that still leaves 50 GB for that month for the youtube streaming and the regular internet usage.Looking at it from one particular angle, 100 GB is worth whole of the 'Two and a half men' series PLUS the whole of 'How I met your mother' series and the whole of the 'Dexter' series.That is a hell of a lot of stuff to watch in a month unless you do it back to back for a week and do nothing else in between!!My point is that, 100 GB is a lot.If a person is downloading more than that then he has a LOT of time on his hand to watch all the stuff that he has downloaded.I maintain that if used wisely, 150 GB is more than enough for even relatively heavy downloaders.Its just people who keep utorrent 'on' the whole day who might exhaust that limit.I suggest capping the upload speed on utorrent so that atleast the uploaded data isn't taking up much of your quota.

Man i can spend more than 250GB of data transfer in a single day. so forget about 100GB is sufficient for a month. It is sufficient for people who steal data on torrent and delete the torrent once its done

Did you read the last line?On capped plans isn't it sensible to put a limit of your torrent upload speed so that while you are seeding you do not exhaust much of your bandwidth?I upload what I download but I cap my upload at 50 Kbps for all my torrents.i.e 1/4th of my total download speed.And don't get me started on that 'stealing' data malarkey.I know the supposed P2P code of ethics that you have to seed data that you download.But if you are downloading copyrighted stuff then you are 'stealing' stuff anyway aren't you?So don't try and take the moral high groud here.I'm not as I know that the stuff I download is copyrighted more often than not.So be my guest and download 250 Gb in a day and rest easy in the knowledge that you are doing nothing wrong since you are 'uploading' it at the same time.

Even If a person downloads 100 GB's in movies and music in one month, that still leaves 50 GB for that month for the youtube streaming and the regular internet usage.Looking at it from one particular angle, 100 GB is worth whole of the 'Two and a half men' series PLUS the whole of 'How I met your mother' series and the whole of the 'Dexter' series.That is a hell of a lot of stuff to watch in a month unless you do it back to back for a week and do nothing else in between!!

My point is that, 100 GB is a lot.If a person is downloading more than that then he has a LOT of time on his hand to watch all the stuff that he has downloaded.
I maintain that if used wisely, 150 GB is more than enough for even relatively heavy downloaders.
Its just people who keep utorrent 'on' the whole day who might exhaust that limit.I suggest capping the upload speed on utorrent so that atleast the uploaded data isn't taking up much of your quota.

My theory has always been about 240-270GB a month (2x 4GB DVD images or 1x 9GB DVD-DL image), and it's roughly on this premise that I've been putting together our flat-rate packages.

Man i can spend more than 250GB of data transfer in a single day. so forget about 100GB is sufficient for a month. It is sufficient for people who steal data on torrent and delete the torrent once its done

I hope you have over 8TB of storage then. Of course, there aren't many ISPs that would let you use that kind of traffic unless you're talking about what I'm guess is your organizations leased line (the one in your sig), because that equates to nearly 30mbit/s of constant traffic. Of course, even then, if 30mbit/s was going 24x7 to a single host within your organization, I reckon then your organization would have something to say about the way you're using their bandwidth, which ain't cheap.

lol i am seeding 50 torrents now :P, maybe i should stop sharing a little bit, hehehe.I agree with both of u guys, all depends on whats ur usage :)

My theory has always been about 240-270GB a month (2x 4GB DVD images or 1x 9GB DVD-DL image), and it's roughly on this premise that I've been putting together our flat-rate packages.

Wise.250 GB's would be great unless you don't sell it as an unlimited plan like airtel did.'Booster 250' or something like that should be the way to go about it.
And yes, as far as legal data usage goes, online gaming on the consoles in going to pick up in India sooner or later.So there is one way the data could get used up.
But as of now, the 150 GB limit is a good start by Airtel and also the fact that they are no longer selling it as an UNLIMITED plan, per se.

----------

----------

lol i am seeding 50 torrents now :P, maybe i should stop sharing a little bit, hehehe.
I agree with both of u guys, all depends on whats ur usage :)
Only the people who are on MTNL can afford to upload/seed at the maximum speed the whole day as:
1>Truly unlimited plans
2>On the capped plans they do not count uploads as far as I know.
The rest of us will have to be a little selfish and cap our upload speeds while using torrents.Its quite easy on the newer torrent clients and is effective in contolling your bandwidth usage.

i am sick of seeing this ad on this forum https://imgur.com/XuHxl even though i have blocked airtel domains from appearing in ads here. i would have to check the settings again to make sure that i did enter the correct stuff.

i know those settings mohit, but Airtel is the only ISP i have. I think i have to spend more or be selfish with uploads. :pirate:

Back