New Airtel Broadband Plans with Better Fair Usage Policy Limits?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 393
  • Views Views 66,822
ever lived with 56k dial up ? :smiley-bounce022:

My first internet connection was in 1996. It was a VSNL connection which had a waiting list of 2 months to get a 100 hours validity for Rs 3400 and I had a US robotics 14.4 kbps modem. So 56 kbps is very fast compared to what I experienced. :sarcastic:

Very enticed to opt for "1699 4Mbps 75GB FUP" plan or "2099 4Mbps 150GB FUP" plan ...But I have to give away my current 2Mbps plan for which I pay 1699 and get 1Mbps even after FUP ...So confused !!!Btw how can we check if they provide 4Mbps in my area or not? In my modem settings it shows Downstream Rate(Kbps) as 2560...

by the way this thread may put all speculation of airtel to an end that IBF is damaging its image.It proves that any product which is consumer friendly is always praised. Hope that airtel continues to bring good products like this and ushers a BB revolution.

I will be more happy to see if airtel offers some discounted plans for its old customers, y we always have to talk for disconnection to get thr retention dept to call and offer something. If they raise the 256kbps to 512kbps (after FUP) in some plans then i think more thn 90% of customers would be really happy.

All this problems of speed will end only after a proper and thorough network upgrade. You can expect that to happen when BWA aka LTE launches will happen.They will flood the market with ads of 40-50 mbps(though we and very few people know how real all this ar). And as usual our ignorant majority will start to buy there products seeing the specs. May be at that time all this fixed line providers will come out of deep slumber.(and yes there present infrastructure can not compete with LTE thats for sure)...

My first internet connection was in 1996. It was a VSNL connection which had a waiting list of 2 months to get a 100 hours validity for Rs 3400 and I had a US robotics 14.4 kbps modem. So 56 kbps is very fast compared to what I experienced. :sarcastic:

I got my first Acer 56k modem in 2000 but the connection was terribly erratic and would disconnect very frequently....I can still hear the beeps and ringing tone in my ears.... lol :scared:

We should be patient....look what reliance and TATA did to gsm sector. When the competition comes in market it will automatically force airtel to have better plans

A 4 mbps plan with FUP of 150 GB for Rs 2099 is almost like an UL 4mbps plan. On an average not many 4 mbps customers would be downloading from torrents 24x7. If one takes in to account Rs 10 per GB bandwidth cost and Rs 500 infrastructure cost as is frequently mentioned by MGC in Hayai threads, cost of 2099 is not very far off from that range. Only issue is that speed could have been upgraded to 16 mbps or whatever max is supported by ADSL2+ technology. So, now MTNL has to lower the price of its 4 mbps UL connection to counter this lower price from Airtel. I'm looking forward to an even cheaper 4 mbps UL connection from MTNL very soon. I was already hearing about 2 mbps UL for Rs 1299 even before this announcement by Airtel. So overall prices of broadband will likely head lower in near future.

A 4 mbps plan with FUP of 150 GB for Rs 2099 is almost like an UL 4mbps plan. On an average not many 4 mbps customers would be downloading from torrents 24x7. If one takes in to account Rs 10 per GB bandwidth cost and Rs 500 infrastructure cost as is frequently mentioned by MGC in Hayai threads, cost of 2099 is not very far off from that range. Only issue is that speed could have been upgraded to 16 mbps or whatever max is supported by ADSL2+ technology.

So, now MTNL has to lower the price of its 4 mbps UL connection to counter this lower price from Airtel. I'm looking forward to an even cheaper 4 mbps UL connection from MTNL very soon. I was already hearing about 2 mbps UL for Rs 1299 even before this announcement by Airtel. So overall prices of broadband will likely head lower in near future.

the best thing might be elimination of sub 1 Mbps plans. Airtel is taking right steps in this process. If 1Mbps and 2Mbps head for 700 and 1000 Rs. marks it will automatically do that job. lets see how well the higher speed plans are received, if demand turns out to lack luster we might again be heading in the wrong direction.

Very enticed to opt for "1699 4Mbps 75GB FUP" plan or "2099 4Mbps 150GB FUP" plan ...
But I have to give away my current 2Mbps plan for which I pay 1699 and get 1Mbps even after FUP ...
So confused !!!

Btw how can we check if they provide 4Mbps in my area or not? In my modem settings it shows Downstream Rate(Kbps) as 2560...
I am having the same 2 Mbps plan and 4 Mbps-150GB FUP looks inviting at first glance.. But on second thoughts Rs 400 extra and prospect of 256kbps after FUP in 4Mbps plan is quite a put off really..

To check whether 4 Mbps is available in your area, check in your modem page. Device Info>Statistics>ADSL.. Check Attainable Rate.. Whether it's more than 4 Mbps.. You are set then..

Back