New Airtel Broadband Plans with Better Fair Usage Policy Limits?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 393
  • Views Views 66,822
Exactly.Most users, including myself, were complaining that the 30 GB FUP was not enough(on the 1699 2Mbps plan that I was using when I was with airtel).I don't think too many people had an actual problem with fair usage policy but since it was supposed to be an unlimited plan it was weird for airtel to cap it at 30 gb for the speed promised.The new plan, especially the max 150 gb clearly states what it is.And the speed of 2Mbps up to a limit of 150GB data should be more than enough even for people who use P2P for downloading movies and stuff on a regular basis.I think it is a good move.I just wish the actual speeds would come up to international standards as well.

i am myself now considering switching to 2mbps 150GB Plan :| i am tired of 1mbps frankly speaking and my usage is hardly 50GB per month.

Would be a good move.I'm currently with MTNL and have been for a month and their shitty modems and crappy lines have really forced me into a corner.There was some hope that FTTH would rectify all those problems but then MTNL go ahead and include even crappier fair usage limits on their FTTH plans.:eek:I'm gonna move back I guess and its sad in a way that most of us don't even have a proper choice when it comes to broadband service options.For me it seems, its Airtel or nothing.The 2 Mbps 150 GB plan would suit me just fine as my data usage hasn't crossed 60 GB's ever.Even when I was a relatively heavy downloader.

If they offer something like this it would be pretty awesome.Speed : 2mbps daytime / 4 mbps nighttimeFUP limit : 150 GB downloadNighttime : Unlimited download (waived from FUP quota)

150GB per month is still 5GB per day. This is very generous plan from Airtel looking at what they had on offer till now.

They have not updated their IPTV plans...

airtel ipTV

So, I am sort of in a messy situation. If I apply to switch to the new 2mbps plan, I would be paying 300 bucks for IPTV alone.

My total bill would probably cross 2500 rupees per month including taxes.

It will be more than that.Roughly Rs 2000 for the broadband, that alone takes it to 2300 with taxes.And if you include your standalone IPTV plan then it takes it to more than 2700 per month.You could go for the max 75 Gb plan instead.1699 + 300 + taxes. So around about 2200 per month.

Damn. The plans are pretty shitty. Not that much better. I mean, 4 MBPS with 75 gb quota and then 256 kbps is bad.

Earlier all such plans had FUP of around 30-50 GB which is now 75 & 150 GB

If you expecting them to launch plans without any FUP and with speed 4mbps at around 2-3K then it will be a dream...

Airtel Policy maker have understood and responded well to protest we users have made against them on social networks...

Another thing I see these plans are launched in Delhi only and they removed all plans which have speed less than 2MBPS...

It is definitely a very good move from Airtel...

It will be more than that.Roughly Rs 2000 for the broadband, that alone takes it to 2300 with taxes.And if you include your standalone IPTV plan then it takes it to more than 2700 per month.
You could go for the max 75 Gb plan instead.1699 + 300 + taxes. So around about 2200 per month.

i already am on 1mbps plan. no FUP on mine yet because i am on an non-longer-existing iptv plan that was removed a while ago.

edit:BOOHOOO all plans are expensive.CAnt you airtel have 150 gb limit for 512k\1mbps plans @ ~1000

Haven't you seen my sig? It's not the speed that costs, it's the data. Technically they can deliver 150GB at 512k, 4mbit/s or even up to 24mbit/s for EXACTLY THE SAME COST.

If they offer something like this it would be pretty awesome.

Speed : 2mbps daytime / 4 mbps nighttime

FUP limit : 150 GB download

Nighttime : Unlimited download (waived from FUP quota)
That would be great.But considering current plans that would cost something around 2500 per month.But even that does not sound bad considering the night speed/lack of FUP.

Back